In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Re: In other news

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

OFT
Has liked: 3186 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Post by OFT »

***** indeed
When's the public drowning of them? Will there be tickets?
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

OFT wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 am ***** indeed
When's the public drowning of them? Will there be tickets?
I hope he gets bummed in prison.
Shabu
Has liked: 4186 likes
Total likes: 2047 likes

Post by Shabu »

I saw plenty of sh!te behaviour during 2020/21. People seemed to want to take their frustrations out on shopworkers. An 8 stone female colleague of mine got head butted by a bloke who was at least 16 stone. Others, including me, spat on & called names on a daily basis.

So these c*nts doing it just for onscreen Likes....f*ck them. I hope they all go to prison & can't get jobs for ten years afterwards.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Last week a woman & 3 male friends travelled from South Carolina to Mexico so she could have a cheap tummy tuck operation.

Shortly after they crossed the border in Brownsville Texas to the Mexican town of Matamoras a Cartel opened fire on their minivan thinking they were rival Haitian drug dealers. Note, there is a large migrant camp in the town mainly full of Haitians & Venezuelans.

Their van crashed & the gang members threw the four of them into a pick up truck & drove off.

It now turns out that 2 of them are dead & the other 2 safe.

I'm wondering what the repercussions of this will be.

Tamaulipas IS one of several Mexican States where we're advised not to go to, because of gang activity. Another is Guerrero where I just got back from & will be going again at least twice this year.

As long as the gangs just kill each other & the odd dozen or two Mexicans it's barely a blip on the news but now they've killed 2 Americans, in a brazen attack on the street in broad daylight, Mexico AND America will clamp down.

If Biden does nothing then he's seen as weak on the border (he will be seen that way not matter what with half the population but he has to worry about the other half).

My solution is legalise all drugs & tax & monitor them but I do know that's not going to happen.

So another WAR ON DRUGS it is.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... e-two-dead

On a connected note most of Haiti is now under gang control so will we be seeing a rivalry there? Does America want to get that involved in both countries gang problems? Politicians on both sides will be looking to do what's best with their voting base rather than what's actually best. Plus how much money they can syphon off for themselves, friends & family.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2747 likes
Total likes: 1776 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Shabu wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:39 pm I saw plenty of sh!te behaviour during 2020/21. People seemed to want to take their frustrations out on shopworkers. An 8 stone female colleague of mine got head butted by a bloke who was at least 16 stone. Others, including me, spat on & called names on a daily basis.

So these c*nts doing it just for onscreen Likes....f*ck them. I hope they all go to prison & can't get jobs for ten years afterwards.
Probably never had jobs in the first place.
The devil makes work for idle hands as my mother used to say...
Trained martial artists hitting shop workers & innocent bystanders for "likes" should be hobbled a la Misery & then thrown in jail.
No point putting them in there in prime physical health, they'll only come out worse. Hobble them & they'll get the punishment they deserve.

On your other post, what happened in Mexico is terrible. Tbh, I'm amazed this doesn't happen more often but the cartels must have a rule in place to leave tourists alone.
This is going to bring a whole world of pain on that area, your plan obviously makes the most sense, legalise & tax it.
Won't happen though so drug war it is & hundreds of innocents will be caught in the crossfire...
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

Out & out bullies. Ideally they'd be beaten to within an inch of their lives. And warned that's happening again if you ever do stuff like that again.
Just lucky they didn't accidentally cross paths with some real tough guys.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

DublinDave wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:04 pm
On your other post, what happened in Mexico is terrible. Tbh, I'm amazed this doesn't happen more often but the cartels must have a rule in place to leave tourists alone.
This is going to bring a whole world of pain on that area, your plan obviously makes the most sense, legalise & tax it.
Won't happen though so drug war it is & hundreds of innocents will be caught in the crossfire...
I feel safer in Mexico than I do in America.

Although i feel safer in California than I did in Florida.

Saying that I caught the train downtown today and some eejit tried to get my phone off me at the trolley station. Not physically, he just threatened me but me laughing & turning my back on him p1ssed him off so he made shooting noises behind me :lol:
Samba

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:36 am I feel safer in Mexico than I do in America.

Although i feel safer in California than I did in Florida.

Saying that I caught the train downtown today and some eejit tried to get my phone off me at the trolley station. Not physically, he just threatened me but me laughing & turning my back on him p1ssed him off so he made shooting noises behind me :lol:
It wasn't 'pew', 'pew', was it?..
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

If that was at a game, they'd be banned from all grounds for life. It can't be beyond the capacity of all the supermarkets (given their duty of care to both staff and customers) to do likewise, and, frankly, I'm pretty much appalled they haven't announced that already.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 426 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Tenbury wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:15 am If that was at a game, they'd be banned from all grounds for life. It can't be beyond the capacity of all the supermarkets (given their duty of care to both staff and customers) to do likewise, and, frankly, I'm pretty much appalled they haven't announced that already.
Having worked in a supermarket, I can assure you that their "duty of care" extends to their profit margin and no further.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Samba wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:01 am It wasn't 'pew', 'pew', was it?..
More like BLAH BLAH. He sounded like a drum n bass pirate radio DJ 😆
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Tenbury wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:15 am If that was at a game, they'd be banned from all grounds for life. It can't be beyond the capacity of all the supermarkets (given their duty of care to both staff and customers) to do likewise, and, frankly, I'm pretty much appalled they haven't announced that already.
They'd just come into the shop in a different outfit.
delbert
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

There was a longer clip of that with a humorous voice over doing the rounds a while back, hopefully they'll be another one of them getting their just desserts at some point......
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

This is a weird one.

This 42 year old bloke, a married father of five, from Georgia flies to Baton Rouge in Louisiana for a business meeting for his construction company.

He goes to a college basketball game with a client then to an Irish Pub. At 10.30pm he's cut off for being drunk so leaves to walk back the 200 yards to his hotel.

His body was found 2 weeks later wrapped in plastic & rolled up in a carpet in an old abandoned garage a couple of miles away.

Police say no foul play is suspected. Apparently he was still out & about 6 hours later visiting other businesses (I'm guessing a strip club). Then there's surveillance video of him walking along with some random bloke who later used his credit card to withdraw money from an ATM.

It all sounds very dodgy to me.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/tim ... LZ5JWR2GY/
Samba

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:58 am This is a weird one.
It all sounds very dodgy to me.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/tim ... LZ5JWR2GY/
'Millard’s body is found wrapped up in plastic and in a carpet in an old abandoned garage on Scenic Highway but police say there is no indication of foul play'...
What, he just wrapped himself up in plastic & a carpet & died?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 481 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

A family in Utah consider themselves Sovereign Citizens meaning the laws of the USA don't apply to them.

Last week Police pull up the 25 year old son because he has Sovereign Citizen license plates & not real ones.

He refuses to comply with them, reaches for a gun & gets shot. So now he's a citizen of nowhere.

A few months ago the mum went to court for traffic offences & while in court called 911 to report that she was being attacked by the court personnel. The son got arrested that day too.

I'm not sure what these people get out of acting this way. Standing up for your rights is one thing but do you really enjoy life being like this?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/03/08/ ... e-bodycam/
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1593 likes

Post by alf git »

Samba wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:08 am 'Millard’s body is found wrapped up in plastic and in a carpet in an old abandoned garage on Scenic Highway but police say there is no indication of foul play'...
What, he just wrapped himself up in plastic & a carpet & died?
It's one thing wrapping yourself in cling film , standard weekend fare for some on here no doubt. It's quite the trick to wrap yourself up in a carpet afterwards though.
Nothing to see here officer :crylol:
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

alf git wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:46 pm It's one thing wrapping yourself in cling film , standard weekend fare for some on here no doubt. It's quite the trick to wrap yourself up in a carpet afterwards though.
Nothing to see here officer :crylol:
Maybe it was a magic carpet.