In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: In other news

Post by taust68 »

Samba wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:20 pm I manage to do it with both.. & with Milky Ways as well..
Same with a twix, eat the chocolate of the top before eating the biscuit bit
Shabu
Has liked: 4191 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

This 22 year old student stumbles into her dorm at 3am drunk as f*ck.

She then starts to tussle with the student on duty, eventually calling her the N word over 200 times, among other things.

Plod gets called, she refuses to identify herself, bites and kicks them and gets arrested.

Someone posts the video.

So now she's lost her job as an Instagram influencer for a department store and has withdrawn from college.

On her Instagram account she wrote...

IF YOU GUYS KNEW I WAS UNDER THE INFLUENCE WHY RECORD ME. THIS WAS LITERALLY MY SENIOR YEAR.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... smate/amp/
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Ugly on the inside - :thumbdn:

Blonde, boobs and leather skirt - :thup:
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

oops......
KFC apologises after German Kristallnacht promotion
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63499057
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

old fart wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:55 pm oops......
:crylol: i'd imagine someone in marketing may well be in the firing line.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63582047

Good to see the Taliban continue to fulfill their vows that they wouldn't go back to their old ways.

Sexist Neanderthals.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

smuts wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:49 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63582047

Good to see the Taliban continue to fulfill their vows that they wouldn't go back to their old ways.

Sexist Neanderthals.
Soon coming to Disney World Florida... (c.2026). :crylol:
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

smuts wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:49 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63582047

Sexist Neanderthals.
Weren't Neanderthals smarter than humans but just not as aggressive?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Hurricane Nicole smashed into Florida just above West Palm Beach. I think this is the first November hurricane to make landfall in the USA. They're normally August or September, sometimes October.

I just watched an interview with a Floridan who was saying "They're saying climate change but hurricanes are a natural part of nature" to which the reporter asked "Do you know of any November hurricanes before?". The answer was a short No.

Funnily enough Florida is in a housing boom at the moment with a lot of fans of Desantis moving there, despite not being able to get house insurance.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/10/weather/ ... a-thursday
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Can't copy links from my smartphone, but type

KFC Krystallnacht

into Google, and be aghast.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^^Or just look six posts above yours :winker:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:25 pm ^^^^^Or just look six posts above yours :winker:
Oops. Thought I'd checked, obviously not hard enough
WCpete
Has liked: 1497 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

Shabu wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:13 pm Hurricane Nicole smashed into Florida just above West Palm Beach. I think this is the first November hurricane to make landfall in the USA. They're normally August or September, sometimes October.

I just watched an interview with a Floridan who was saying "They're saying climate change but hurricanes are a natural part of nature" to which the reporter asked "Do you know of any November hurricanes before?". The answer was a short No.

Funnily enough Florida is in a housing boom at the moment with a lot of fans of Desantis moving there, despite not being able to get house insurance.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/10/weather/ ... a-thursday
Landfall was centered at Vero, where my Dad lives. He said it wasn't too bad. There was some flooding, but not as bad as predicted. The beaches have been washed away though. His main concern was flooding of the back nine. Pleased to report that the end of season member guest tournament will proceed as planned over the weekend.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

old fart wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:55 pm oops......
Speculating on how this could have happened. Maybe the term "Krystallnacht' just sounded nice (ironically, it does, like 'Chlamydia'), but to whom? Maybe a very young German marketing exec (unlikely imo) or a similar exec from a non-European background, which I reckon is more likely. Maybe there are companies where there are people who can just take the initiative without it being checked. Surely it went through several hands though (why chicken'n'cheese?).

As said, someone's been carpeted by now. Or maybe not :shocker:
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Opposite my work is one of those megachurches. They have their own school there & rock concerts & all that other stuff so they can brainwash their followers. They have about 4 churches around town now with 2,000 people attending each sermon. They are proper mental. They even have their volunteers pretend to be cops & directing traffic. They wear hi-viz jackets with POLICE printed on them.

One of their elders has just been arrested for torturing her adopted 11 year old daughter to death. She gave a class at the church teaching followers how to "live like Jesus".

No one at my work is surprised.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/invest ... n/3092348/
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

vietnammer wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:32 pm Speculating on how this could have happened. Maybe the term "Krystallnacht' just sounded nice (ironically, it does, like 'Chlamydia'), but to whom? Maybe a very young German marketing exec (unlikely imo) or a similar exec from a non-European background, which I reckon is more likely. Maybe there are companies where there are people who can just take the initiative without it being checked. Surely it went through several hands though (why chicken'n'cheese?).

As said, someone's been carpeted by now. Or maybe not :shocker:
Chlamydia sounds like the name of a flower, which in turn means it'd be a lovely name for a little girl........
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

delbert wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:14 am Chlamydia sounds like the name of a flower, which in turn means it'd be a lovely name for a little girl........
Chlamydia always reminds me of Cheloniidae which is a posh name for a sea turtle.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:06 pm Weren't Neanderthals smarter than humans but just not as aggressive?
Definitely not smarter Shabs, they were still sticking twigs into holes in logs when 'we' rocked up..
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Samba wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:20 pm Definitely not smarter Shabs, they were still sticking twigs into holes in logs when 'we' rocked up..
Is that a euphemism?
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

Shabu wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:04 am Opposite my work is one of those megachurches. They have their own school there & rock concerts & all that other stuff so they can brainwash their followers. They have about 4 churches around town now with 2,000 people attending each sermon. They are proper mental. They even have their volunteers pretend to be cops & directing traffic. They wear hi-viz jackets with POLICE printed on them.

One of their elders has just been arrested for torturing her adopted 11 year old daughter to death. She gave a class at the church teaching followers how to "live like Jesus".

No one at my work is surprised.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/invest ... n/3092348/
Not sure which post is craziest, this one or the one about Afghanistan