In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Re: In other news

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Hope this guy gets sent down. Leech and parasite of the worst kind. :swear:

wouldn't it also be somewhat poetic if h8s cell mate happened to be a ex-squaddie.

https://bit.ly/3ymP3zV
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Well - do you think these vermin deserve to stay?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-61957132

I take it the groomed kids' Human Rights weren't infringed.

Scum.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

Rudy Giuliani still a compulsive liar.

A shop worker taps him on the back in a supermarket & then slags him off a little bit. Giuliani wants the bloke imprisoned for assault.

Says the attack felt like he was hit "by a boulder". Have a look at the video.

https://abc7ny.com/rudy-giuliani-slappe ... /12000948/
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

If Trump, Meadows, Giuliani and the rest of their posse can't be indicted after this testimony today, then we should disband this country at the end of this day. And we're only an hr in.

EDIT: Cassidy Hutchison, the person on the stand, looks like she's aged 10 years just in the past 50 minutes. Takes balls doing what she's doing knowing she'll be public enemy #1 in MAGAland when today's hearing is over.
Last edited by WCpete on Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:49 am Well - do you think these vermin deserve to stay?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-61957132

I take it the groomed kids' Human Rights weren't infringed.

Scum.
Deserve? No. But the government being able to kick someone out just because they beat the system is a road I don't want us to go down. Same as refusing to take back Shamima Begum and try/imprison her.

Strip his citizenship, find some law that means he can be held indefinitely and keep him locked up until he either signs that paper to take back his Pakistani citizenship or dies.
delbert
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:19 pm Deserve? No. But the government being able to kick someone out just because they beat the system is a road I don't want us to go down. Same as refusing to take back Shamima Begum and try/imprison her.

Strip his citizenship, find some law that means he can be held indefinitely and keep him locked up until he either signs that paper to take back his Pakistani citizenship or dies.
We basically did to the ISIS poster girl what you propose we should do to the rape master general but then you want us to take her back?

If it comes down to no law being available to detain him indefinitely then what? If we have to go down the route of changing the rules to hold him indefinitely then why not change them to deport the disgusting creature? If we're going to infringe on his human rights do it properly and get shot of him, he's hardly a model citizen or benefit to the country is he?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

delbert wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:59 pm We basically did to the ISIS poster girl what you propose we should do to the rape master general but then you want us to take her back?

If it comes down to no law being available to detain him indefinitely then what? If we have to go down the route of changing the rules to hold him indefinitely then why not change them to deport the disgusting creature? If we're going to infringe on his human rights do it properly and get shot of him, he's hardly a model citizen or benefit to the country is he?
I'm not saying I know the perfect answer here but I would imagine what he's been convicted of is enough to strip him of his British citizenship. If he doesn't want to sign the paper that says he's Pakistani again then the only choice is for him to sit in immigration detention. The Begum situation is worse - we've not even tried/convicted her of anything and are trying to just wash our hands of an issue that started on British soil with a British citizen.

It's unpalatable that either is allowed to be in a British prison but those are the rules we're working within. Break them and we're in a situation where we're starting to allow the government way too much room to take away someone's passport and send them wherever they want.

My thoughts here are nothing to do with these people deserving anything, more what it could open the door for the government to do to people I I think are being wronged.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1790 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Black man shot 60 (sixty) times by Ohio police
US police have released video of a chase in Akron, Ohio, which ended in a black man being shot dead, hit more than 60 times by pursuing officers.

Police say they believe Jayland Walker, 25, opened fire first and officers feared for their lives during the night-time traffic stop on 27 June.

Mr Walker was not armed when he ran away from his car but police say a pistol was later found inside it.

Akron's mayor urged local people to show patience as protests began.

more...
If he was running away from police, why did they need to shoot? What danger did they perceive?
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1120 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

I watched the whole news conference and the body cam footage. He was running away from the officers but on two occasions stopped and faced them. They attempted to incapacitate him with tasers first which didn’t work. They also found a gun and clip on his front passenger seat, who’s to say he didn’t have another weapon on his person.

It’s unfortunate but people have got to stop looking for something that isn’t there because the victim is black.

Three police officers were ambushed and killed in Kentucky a day before this and not a peep?
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1956 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Macca1973 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:54 pm
It’s unfortunate
Personally, I'd say shooting an unarmed man sixty times would be a little more than unfortunate.
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

That’s the thing you pick out of my post :asleep:

The police didn’t know he wasn’t armed. Why run from the police, he was clearly determined not to be caught.

Nothing to say about the murder of 3 police officers as also mentioned in my post? No of course not!
Monkeybubbles

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Macca1973 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:18 pm That’s the thing you pick out of my post :asleep:

The police didn’t know he wasn’t armed. Why run from the police, he was clearly determined not to be caught.

Nothing to say about the murder of 3 police officers as also mentioned in my post? No of course not!
I should imagine that people often run away from the police because they don't want to be caught. I wouldn't expect them to be shot 60 times for doing so. I would imagine that, I dunno, six shots would be more than sufficient. You don't think it's a little odd, even in the US?
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

What I think is more odd is that you and a few others on here are only interested when the victim is black or when the story is about Trump. Like I already mentioned, multiple police officers ambushed and murdered the day before this and you’re not interested, truck full of dead immigrants and not a peep. Only you know the reason why, my guess is you watch too much US left leaning media that’s convinced you the whole of white America is racist, including the police! Which is obviously nonsense.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:14 pm Personally, I'd say shooting an unarmed man sixty times would be a little more than unfortunate.
Don’t forget they missed 30 times.
Monkeybubbles

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Macca1973 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:25 pm What I think is more odd is that you and a few others on here are only interested when the victim is black or when the story is about Trump. Like I already mentioned, multiple police officers ambushed and murdered the day before this and you’re not interested, truck full of dead immigrants and not a peep. Only you know the reason why, my guess is you watch too much US left leaning media that’s convinced you the whole of white America is racist, including the police! Which is obviously nonsense.
You think my interest in a news story is more odd than shooting someone sixty times? That's odd.

Also, let's be clear, the story was posted by JBB. I'm pretty sure he doesn't subscribe to much left leaning US media. Probably less than me, and I don't look at any (unless the Gaurdian and BBC qualify). I just commented on the story. It's a news forum. That's what it's for.

The shooting in Kentucky was awful. The guy had a terrible mental episode and shot three innocent people. Awful, but sadly it happens so often in the US that it's barely newsworthy. If we commented on every gun murder that happens over there, there'd be no time for the transfer thread.

To me, an unarmed man being shot 60 (sixty) times by upholders of the law is far more extraordinary, irrespective of the colour of the victims skin.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

WCpete wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:37 pm Don’t forget they missed 30 times.
FFS, where do they train?

Imperial school of strom trooper training academy? :crylol:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1790 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Monkeybubbles has it right, I was the original poster. I thought about putting up the killing of three police officers but callous as it may sound, a mentally disturbed individual shooting people isn't that out of the ordinary. It even happens over here every now and then. Trained police officers pumping sixty rounds into someone running away from them is on a different level, in my opinion. Please disagree if you will, that's what this excellent forum is for.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Lightening the mood a little. More America on its birthday.

alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:14 pm Lightening the mood a little. More America on its birthday.

Jacksonville :lol:

It was either going to be there or between Tampa and Orlando