In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1956 likes

Re: In other news

Post by Monkeybubbles »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:07 am I thought this was outlawed everywhere decades ago. Can’t believe it’s still not illegal in the entire U.K.
You can be prosecuted for kicking your cat though.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Man spends 2 years building tunnel from his kitchen to his shed so that he doesn't get wet.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technol ... d=msedgntp

Honestly, this is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

sendô wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:06 pm Man spends 2 years building tunnel from his kitchen to his shed so that he doesn't get wet.

:chin: any coincidence that ToMoS hasn't been seen on here for a while?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:22 pm :chin: any coincidence that ToMoS hasn't been seen on here for a while?
No, hes got to join Vlad The Invaders Russian Army....sorry 'special military operation team'.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

sendô wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:06 pm Man spends 2 years building tunnel from his kitchen to his shed so that he doesn't get wet.

Bet his neighbours absolutely love him.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:36 am It's now illegal to be a qunt to your kids in Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60781395
What it doesn't go in to, is that now if you have a child with additional needs that lashes out and becomes violent to a parent, it will now be illegal for that parent to use restraint techniques (many of which are shown in support groups) to prevent your child harming you or itself.

It's an absolutely non-sensical law that current UK wide legislation was appropriate. Simple fact of the matter is, if you hit your kid, you can get nicked all over The UK - to outlaw everything totally, including restraint, is wholly inappropriate.

Of course, by initially stating that it's to stop people being a qunt to your kids, it will do no such thing and is generalising and missing the point completely, and being taking in by a headline. If you're so inclined to give your kids a clout, making it illegal will not change that, however, when a lump of an autistic kid now starts kicking off and attacking its parent or guardian, legally, the parent or guardian now has no way (in Wales at least) to diffuse the situation by restraint or other physical means.

Parents with a difficult time of it as it is, will now be facing more difficult times and criminalised if an ****hole neighbour with no concept of what happens when children with additional needs go in to one, hears another meltdown and decides enough is enough and calls the police.
Monkeybubbles

Post by Monkeybubbles »

-DL- wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:47 pm What it doesn't go in to, is that now if you have a child with additional needs that lashes out and becomes violent to a parent, it will now be illegal for that parent to use restraint techniques (many of which are shown in support groups) to prevent your child harming you or itself.

It's an absolutely non-sensical law that current UK wide legislation was appropriate. Simple fact of the matter is, if you hit your kid, you can get nicked all over The UK - to outlaw everything totally, including restraint, is wholly inappropriate.

Of course, by initially stating that it's to stop people being a qunt to your kids, it will do no such thing and is generalising and missing the point completely, and being taking in by a headline. If you're so inclined to give your kids a clout, making it illegal will not change that, however, when a lump of an autistic kid now starts kicking off and attacking its parent or guardian, legally, the parent or guardian now has no way (in Wales at least) to diffuse the situation by restraint or other physical means.

Parents with a difficult time of it as it is, will now be facing more difficult times and criminalised if an ****hole neighbour with no concept of what happens when children with additional needs go in to one, hears another meltdown and decides enough is enough and calls the police.
My understanding is its not illegal to restrain a violent child in Scotland and Wales, just as its not illegal to restrain a violent adult. I'd be genuinely interested if you have other info.

I'm very aware of the difficulties experienced when caring for children with additional needs.

I disagree that its nonsensical to give children the same right to not be smacked that adults have.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:15 pm I'd be genuinely interested if you have other info.
Dropped you a PM.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Tragic. Some people never listen or think. Another young life wasted to people who think dogs aren't dangerous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-60829837
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

And another.

This subject makes me so angry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... r-60931620
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:15 pm And another.

All so needless ain't it, Bendy.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I want one, that is cool!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:15 pm And another.

Last summer a giant lurcher looking puppy chased my 7yo up our alley and bounded into our back garden after it's absolute prat of an owner let it off the lead, despite having no idea how to control it. I only realised when my 4yo screamed his head off as the dog bounded towards him.

I've never moved so fast in my life, and yet if the dog had wanted to attack my kids rather than just play with them there's absolutely no way I'd have been able to get to them first.

Every single one of these types of attacks always, always always starts with an incompetent ****hole of an owner that either thinks it isn't their job to control their animal and keep other people safe, or that because their dog has never gone for a kid before and that the dog is obedient to them that it'll never happen.

There needs to be far, far harsher penalties for this sort of thing.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

He explained: “We had to dig the whole thing by hand as the tunnel goes underneath the foundations of my shed, garage and house. :shock:
I hope he's updated his house insurance..
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

WHU Independent wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:13 pm Bloody Hell! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/gr ... 9d54ac58ee
Bloody hell indeed
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Boris Becker's been given 30 months porridge for some creative accounting. Silly sod, I like the guy, he was a great competitor and a good commentator, but he never learned to close his wallet once in a while, and brought this on himself. I'm sure he'll appeal, and might get his sentence reduced, but he's going to serve a bit of time here, and perhaps it'll give him time to reflect on his financial habits.
Monkeybubbles

Post by Monkeybubbles »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:33 pm Boris Becker's been given 30 months porridge for some creative accounting. Silly sod, I like the guy, he was a great competitor and a good commentator, but he never learned to close his wallet once in a while, and brought this on himself. I'm sure he'll appeal, and might get his sentence reduced, but he's going to serve a bit of time here, and perhaps it'll give him time to reflect on his financial habits.
It'll be interesting to see what he does once he's served his time for the racquet he was involved in. Etc etc.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:50 pm It'll be interesting to see what he does once he's served his time for the racquet he was involved in. Etc etc.
That was OUT of order Monkeybubbles