In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Re: In other news

Post by djclipz »

What is it all about beheading someone? Especially as that article describes another one that happen a few years back. Is it written down somewhere as this is how you should kill someone that has pissed you off?
Hammer1966
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Hammer1966 »

Re: Jacinda Ardern. She's far too human to be a politician in my opinion. She be better off as a head of state... Maybe the Kiwis can dropkick Charlie and ask Jacinda to step up.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2750 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

djclipz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:45 pm What is it all about beheading someone? Especially as that article describes another one that happen a few years back. Is it written down somewhere as this is how you should kill someone that has pissed you off?
Just scum mate, they want to inflict maximum pain & anguish.
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

sendô wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:11 pm Honestly, I suspect she is quiting now whilst her popularity is at a high. From what I can gather NZ polls suggest her party might not win the upcoming election.

The reality is, she's become famous worldwide because of the Christchurch mosque shootings, not her stunning ability as a politician.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against her, but I find the way people hold her up as some sort of latter day saint because she's a woman and isn't a complete **** (like most of our politicians) a bit odd.
Sendo once again over reacts to a woman in the spotlight :lol:

Get back in the kitchen, Woman!
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

So you didn't have enough staff to process applications? How about taking your time, doing the job properly and if in doubt saying no to people wanting guns?

What the f*ck is wrong with policing in this country?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... un-licence
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:19 am I like Jacinda, can we have one?
f*** that. Acted totally irrationally during the pandemic. Same with the Aussie government. Turned their countries into police states.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Without in anyway exonerated the nutters involved, every mass shooting carried out in this country by licensed gun owners has come about after failings in the police force concerned. With Hungerford, Dunblane and now this case there was concerns over the suitability of the culprits to legally be able to own the weapons they had, also what happened after every case was a knee jerk response from government with tighter gun controls......
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 603 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

WCpete wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:07 am New Zealand PM Jacinda Arden is resigning. I don't blame her, tbh. You have to be completely unstable to want to be a career politician.

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/19/new-ze ... n-february
Unless you are a greedy b*stard like the majority are in this country.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Back in August 2021 a 15 year old boy, high on drugs, stole a car then deliberately drove into a mother pushing a baby. After hitting them he drove off.

He got a light sentence of a few months in a reform camp.

Today that kid was shot dead. Talk about street justice...

https://www.foxla.com/news/venice-hit-a ... nce-gascon
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

djclipz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:45 pm What is it all about beheading someone? Especially as that article describes another one that happen a few years back. Is it written down somewhere as this is how you should kill someone that has pissed you off?
It's so there's no way that they can ever piss you off again...
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ering.html
Is this really going to happen, is it right, will it work, has the usa got an endless pot of money
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

taust68 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:34 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ering.html
Is this really going to happen, is it right, will it work, has the usa got an endless pot of money
IMO, it opens a can of worms that I don't think can be closed again.

Before the more documented European led slave trade, it was indigenous Africans selling slaves (mostly other tribes they conquered, but also East African and Middle Eastern slaves) to the Portuguese/Spanish. The Europeans were essentially better at it than the African slave traders at the time.

Where does it all stop? Do descendants of slave owners who were also black have to forfeit any reparation, or do they pass it on to black people whose descendants weren't slaves.
delbert

Post by delbert »

What's more, such reparation suggestions are not restricted to America. As is said of so many liberal social issues: 'What happens in California today happens in the rest of America tomorrow and then in Britain very soon after.'
Ainsley Harriott look out......
Macca1973
Has liked: 1841 likes
Total likes: 1157 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

taust68 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:34 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ering.html
What a great idea, don’t see how this could possibly go wrong! All those black people that have never been slaves, never met a slave all get $millions for nothing and all those poor white people with their ‘white privilege’ quite rightly get nothing!

America, the land of the ……morons!
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

I can see why it would happen in America.

The country was built largely through unpaid labour from African slaves.

Then, after slavery was abolished, laws were brought in to ensure black people couldn't buy property or get a decent foot on the financial ladder.

To this day they're still at a financial disadvantage.

Different story in Blighty where us Celts were slaves of the Romans, Angles, Saxons & Vikings.

Bit more complicated. Slavery was always everywhere around the world as long as there's been tribes.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Shabu wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:27 pm I can see why it would happen in America.

The country was built largely through unpaid labour from African slaves.

Then, after slavery was abolished, laws were brought in to ensure black people couldn't buy property or get a decent foot on the financial ladder.

To this day they're still at a financial disadvantage.

Different story in Blighty where us Celts were slaves of the Romans, Angles, Saxons & Vikings.

Bit more complicated. Slavery was always everywhere around the world as long as there's been tribes.
You Celts can s*d off. You ain't getting any money from us.

Angles rule, OK?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

How about a free rail pass?
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64370211

Absolute shambles from the probation service. As a result a poor young girl lost her life to a monster who should have been behind bars.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

smuts wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:39 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64370211

Absolute shambles from the probation service. As a result a poor young girl lost her life to a monster who should have been behind bars.
Bloody hell, his crimes started when he was 12. There must be a point when society says "this bloke's a wrong 'un & there's no way back".

"McSweeney had 28 previous convictions for 69 separate offences, dating back 17 years"
delbert

Post by delbert »

smuts wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:39 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64370211

Add the Home Office (once again) to the shambolic:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... d-29028495

That's two people who's murders should not have been allowed to happen.........