In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Re: In other news

Post by bonzosbeard »

smuts wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:52 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-62648427

RIP Olivia.

Another child victim of gangsters up in Liverpool.
The gangland situation there has been awful for at least the last 25 years. Maybe longer.

Even the guy who helped Gerrard out was murdered but its so horrifying to hear this story. Its a could happen to us moment.

My thoughts with the poor girl and her family and hopefully Something good comes from this.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

smuts wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:52 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-62648427

RIP Olivia.

So awful. Been out of control up there for too long.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

I can’t tell you about Liverpool but I was in Manchester in the mid-90s, which was similarly afflicted. The gangs operated with either complete impunity or didn’t care about the consequences. I can recount several pretty scary things that I saw firsthand, add to that things that happened to my friends and it was utterly terrifying at times.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

The deterrents aren't enough.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Samba wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:00 pm The deterrents aren't enough.
Murder aside, the slim chance of being caught is the biggest lack of deterrent and if your knife/gun/drugs case does ever make to court, being bound over or a community resolution order is hardly going to make them change their ways.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Some good news at last
Student nurse Owami Davies has been found alive and well in Hampshire, the Met Police has confirmed.

A member of the public came forward after a police appeal, which saw a huge public response and 117 possible sightings.

Ms Davies, who was studying nursing at King's College London, left her home in Grays, Essex, on 4 July, and was last seen on CCTV in Croydon on 7 July.

The Met said it would now review its investigation along with Essex Police.

more...
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Strange old case that one. Glad she's okay.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:48 pm Murder aside, the slim chance of being caught is the biggest lack of deterrent and if your knife/gun/drugs case does ever make to court, being bound over or a community resolution order is hardly going to make them change their ways.
15 years to the day poor Rhys Jones was killed when everyone said this can't happen again blah blah.

Just sickening.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:07 pm How about that Finnish PM having to take a drugs test to prove her innocence when she was filmed dancing at a party? Wonder if any of our venerable Parliament would do the same?
More stuff in the papers today, apparently she’s been photographed enjoying her social life. Must be a complete coincidence that this is all coming out after Finland joined NATO.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Tragic what happened to that beautiful little girl. Somebody must know who the gunman is, but it always seems to be Liverpool
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:40 am More stuff in the papers today, apparently she’s been photographed enjoying her social life. Must be a complete coincidence that this is all coming out after Finland joined NATO.
It's a complete non story, but the right wing tabloids can't have a successful left of centre female PM getting away with it, so her letting her hair down and having a few drinks and a dance in her own time becomes "druggy PM off her tits at rave" etc.

It's cringe.
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:04 am Tragic what happened to that beautiful little girl. Somebody must know who the gunman is, but it always seems to be Liverpool
It's a horrible city full of scum, unfortunately London has become the same. In fact, I would say most of the country is in a race of who can get to the gutter fastest.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Someone has done the right thing (or been made to).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-62655200
Police hunting the gunman who shot dead a nine-year-old girl at her home in Liverpool have been given the name of a suspect by two different sources.
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

RIP Olivia.

Just saw this on the news. Horrific.

I saw that the bloke being chased is back in prison (hope he never gets out) but have they caught the gunman yet? Prison is too good for him. One of those times when street justice should be served.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Bloody hell, this has led me on a little rabbit hole of horror.

Someone mentioned the murder of Rhys Jones which then led me to his killer stabbing another child murderer in prison in a scene out of Scum.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:06 pm Just saw this on the news. Horrific.

I saw that the bloke being chased is back in prison (hope he never gets out).
Under arrest in hospital, Shabs. Imagine the police presence outside his door..
Tbh, the biggest thing I took from this terribly sad story is, don't open your front door if you ever hear a disturbance outside.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Samba wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:18 pm Under arrest in hospital, Shabs. Imagine the police presence outside his door..
Tbh, the biggest thing I took from this terribly sad story is, don't open your front door if you ever hear a disturbance outside.
That poor mum. She's forever going to be thinking "if only I hadn't looked".

Her beautiful child gone, just like that, over something so seemingly random. They could have been on any street, or any one of the other houses. Her life utterly changed to sh*t.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Shabu wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:48 pm That poor mum. She's forever going to be thinking "if only I hadn't looked".
When I read that this morning my heart sank, thinking this will plague her forever. She must have had her reasons but on hearing gun-shots, why you’d then open the door to see what was going on is beyond me. That’ll be preying on her mind too - the unnecessaryness of her actions.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

A snake makes its way across rooftops and tries to enter a property near Southampton. The ‘very dangerous’ snake, which weighs 38kg (6st), was spotted by neighbours as it made its way across a roof before forcing its way through the upstairs window. Worried residents inside the house managed to use a broom handle to fight off the albino Burmese python

:shock:
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Four women, immigrants from India to Texas, were saying goodbye in a Dallas car park after enjoying a dinner together when a woman approaches, shouting & swearing at them then eventually attacking a couple of them. Even calling them "Curry Ass Bastards" & telling them to go back to India.

When one called the cops to say they're being attacked by a white woman she screams "I'm Mexican"

Bit ironic that Texas has a load of white Americans moaning about Mexicans and now Mexicans moaning about Indians. I wonder who the Indians will get to moan about next generation?

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/pla ... s-14681549