In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Shabu
Has liked: 4188 likes
Total likes: 2048 likes

Re: In other news

Post by Shabu »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:16 pm Hope this doesn't upset anybody. Perhaps final proof the world has gone mad.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... statements
Mad because the name's changed or mad because people play this game & there's organised leagues :lol:
WCpete
Has liked: 1462 likes
Total likes: 3151 likes

Post by WCpete »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

This is horrible.

A bloke gets robbed of $20 & his cars keys at an ATM. He sees a truck/van pulling up & thinks it's carrying the robber so he fires his gun at it & kills an innocent 8 year old girl in her family car. They were nothing to do with the robbery. Just pulling up to use the ATM.

Anyway, Texas has decided NOT to charge him with anything as, well, it's f*cking Texas & they love shooting kids there, don't they. But no abortion for victims of rape or incest.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... tm-robbery
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

And in the interest of fair reporting, here is the shooters side of the story.....

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... 3a7be173e7
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 494 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

That's horrible, Shabs.

Loved this quote from the shooter's attorney:

“Mr. Earls did what we believe anyone in that situation would have done".

No, Mr. Attorney - not anyone. Just Americans, where the rights of the gun owner transcend the right of their children.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5671 likes
Total likes: 3086 likes

Post by MB »

*Terminator music plays in the background*

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

70 year old woman stabbed in the jack and danny by an angry fish...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... rida-coast
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by smuts »

Forget Monkey Pox...we have now Monkey war on humanity to contend with.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62292511

I bow to our new primate overlords.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Bloody hell, on these types of salaries I wouldn't mind moving down under.

https://www-heraldsun-com-au.cdn.amppro ... 1b71b1?amp
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Have a read of this case, bloke got jailed for it.

I hope I don't sound too controversial about this and of course I am totally against rape and that kind of thing but in my mind all he did was tried to rekindle what happened earlier, trying to wake her up to see if she was interested now and if that is being guilty of sexual assault then most all blokes in the world are guilty each week.

Just my thoughts on it by the way.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2022/072 ... -sentence/
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

ageing hammer wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:20 pm Have a read of this case, bloke got jailed for it.

I hope I don't sound too controversial about this and of course I am totally against rape and that kind of thing but in my mind all he did was tried to rekindle what happened earlier, trying to wake her up to see if she was interested now and if that is being guilty of sexual assault then most all blokes in the world are guilty each week.

Just my thoughts on it by the way.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2022/072 ... -sentence/
You think most blokes would lie on top of sleeping woman and grab her tits? Not even their partner, but someone they met a few hours ago?

I agree a prison sentence is harsh and surprising, but I really think (and hope!) you're wrong about that.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Collison Theory wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:51 pm You think most blokes would lie on top of sleeping woman and grab her tits? Not even their partner, but someone they met a few hours ago?

I agree a prison sentence is harsh and surprising, but I really think (and hope!) you're wrong about that.
No I don't think most blokes would lie on top and grab her tits but I am failry sure they were doing similar ealrlier so maybe he was just trying again.

Most blokes I know have often said they woke before their partner and tried to "wake " them up by caressing or arousal similar to this.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

A 6 year old kid finds the key to the safe where his parents keep their guns. So what do they do?

Of course, they take the SIX YEAR OLD BOY to a gun range to teach him how to fire the guns.

He then takes the gun from the safe while mum is sleeping & shoots his 5 year old sister dead.

If only this death had been preventable.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... s-arrested
Last edited by Shabu on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

ageing hammer wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:59 pm No I don't think most blokes would lie on top and grab her tits but I am failry sure they were doing similar ealrlier so maybe he was just trying again.

Most blokes I know have often said they woke before their partner and tried to "wake " them up by caressing or arousal similar to this.
Do you not think it's quite important to note that she was conscious the first time, and unconscious the second time? "She was up for it last night, she'll probably be up for it again, I'll just get started while she's asleep" is a pretty disturbing thought pattern.

I think a gentle spooning is the usual move, though unlike you I don't think I've ever discussed this with other blokes.

You're probably right that a lot of guys have done this sort of thing, and hopefully that's changing, because "don't grab a girl who you've just met's tits while she's unconscious" isn't an unreasonable standard. I know women who have been sexually assaulted and it does really f*** with a lot of people's heads, making them feel unsafe, like the victim here said.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 pm A 6 year old kid finds the key to the safe where his parents keep their guns. So what do they do?

Of course, they take the SIX YEAR OLD BOY to a gun range to shoot him
Had no idea Americans were that bad..
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 494 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Shabu wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 pm A 6 year old kid finds the key to the safe where his parents keep their guns. So what do they do?

Of course, they take the SIX YEAR OLD BOY to a gun range to teach him how to fire the guns.

He then takes the gun from the safe while mum is sleeping & shoots his 5 year old sister dead.

If only this death had been preventable.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... s-arrested
Appalling. But it's America, so not surprising.

Next mass school shooting must be due any time now.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1593 likes

Post by alf git »

Collison Theory wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:51 pm You think most blokes would lie on top of sleeping woman and grab her tits? Not even their partner, but someone they met a few hours ago?

As others have said. Maybe try giving her a gentle shake to wake her up rather than climbing on board.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Collison Theory wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:08 pm Do you not think it's quite important to note that she was conscious the first time, and unconscious the second time? "She was up for it last night, she'll probably be up for it again, I'll just get started while she's asleep" is a pretty disturbing thought pattern.

I think a gentle spooning is the usual move, though unlike you I don't think I've ever discussed this with other blokes.

You're probably right that a lot of guys have done this sort of thing, and hopefully that's changing, because "don't grab a girl who you've just met's tits while she's unconscious" isn't an unreasonable standard. I know women who have been sexually assaulted and it does really **** with a lot of people's heads, making them feel unsafe, like the victim here said.
I take your point, and yes people who have been sexually assaulted suffer terribly from it.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1867 likes
Total likes: 2489 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Dunno if this is West Ham news or just “news” but this just appeared in a times column and I’m struggling to comprehend how this could happen:

https://newsctrls.com/petra-ecclestone- ... g-day/amp/

How the hell did that ghastly family get hold of our trophy??