Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3031 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by the pink palermo »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:52 pm Doesn't Kretinsky already have an agreement to buy the club at an agreed price should he so wish?
No, he has an agreed option to buy the club at a pre agreed price, but no obligation to do so.

The option has a timeframe which has not been made public.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I bet £600m it starts on 22/3/2023
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3031 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:25 pm I bet £600m it starts on 22/3/2023
At least we know you watched the Bond movie last night
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

The only question here is whether Sullivan will feel that he is getting the top price for the club if and when an offer comes in, if he feels there is more to have out of the club then he will hold on
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Personally, I think we're all going to be very disappointed. I don't think GSB are going anywhere.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Ozza wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:38 am The only question here is whether Sullivan will feel that he is getting the top price for the club if and when an offer comes in, if he feels there is more to have out of the club then he will hold on
Yep I can't help feeling that something might go bang soon in football.
The costs are unsustainable and some much money is pumped out for little return or accountability.

If you can walk away next year with 5x your investment having made a tidy profit each year why wouldn't you. Still being able to delude yourself into thinking you are some sort of saviour.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

-DL- wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:44 amPersonally, I think we're all going to be very disappointed. I don't think GSB are going anywhere.
Maybe not March, this year.

I can't see B being allowed to stay in her current role, when G&S sell. She is too unprofessional and isn't hitting any of her KPIs.
G is closer to 90 than 80. He is fragile. Not wishing ill health, just stating the obvious. It's him and Joe Lewis who are the oldest owners of PL clubs.
Will S stick it out without his trusted sidekicks? Can he stick around if the club want to become more professional?

I'm placing my bet on the momentum flushing all three out, relatively quickly. If Kretinsky takes over, we'll be changed within a few years time.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

szola wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:57 am Maybe not March, this year.

I can't see B being allowed to stay in her current role, when G&S sell. She is too unprofessional and isn't hitting any of her KPIs.
Really? I'd say for someone who only works part time she's done a very solid job of hitting her KPIs which lets be honest are almost entirely based around how much money she can trouser for Sullivan personally.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1364 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

szola wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:57 am Maybe not March, this year.

G is closer to 90 than 80. He is fragile. Not wishing ill health, just stating the obvious. It's him and Joe Lewis who are the oldest owners of PL clubs.
Will S stick it out without his trusted sidekicks? Can he stick around if the club want to become more professional?

I'm placing my bet on the momentum flushing all three out, relatively quickly. If Kretinsky takes over, we'll be changed within a few years time.
Gold’s eventual demise is a potential trigger point. His kids seem to have little interest in the club so you’d presume will sell his shares. Will either Kretinsky or some form of Tripp Smith consortium go for them as part of a takeover bid, or will Sully grab them to increase his profits in any eventual sale ? Be surprised to see any new entrant coming in given Kretinsky and Sully’s existing percentage, unless they are someone’s sleeping partner. Brady is a bit irrelevant in the ownership stakes, but no doubt will head off with yet another undeserved final bonus.
Billbobtrev
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Billbobtrev »

I read an article recently in the guardian. By Jacob Steinberg that Sullivan wants to buy a smaller club . And he does seem to know a lot of what's happening inside the club .
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Billbobtrev wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:11 pm I read an article recently in the guardian. By Jacob Steinberg that Sullivan wants to buy a smaller club . And he does seem to know a lot of what's happening inside the club .
Spurs?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Billbobtrev wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:11 pm I read an article recently in the guardian. By Jacob Steinberg that Sullivan wants to buy a smaller club . And he does seem to know a lot of what's happening inside the club .
Yes. One that's his level.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3181 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Still more concerned with who they’ve sold to than them clinging on.

I just don’t trust they’d do due diligence to make sure Kretinsky gives a hoot. Could be a man coming into a club with middling to poor results, no European football, no Rice, no Czech players.

Does he really have any ambition to improve us? Is this a business transaction by a man who just wants to take little bits of businesses and eek out profits for himself?

I want the sale, but I’m not sure I trust it’s all roses and the promised land on the way.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 617 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:16 pm Spurs?
🤣🤣
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Wilko1304 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:53 pm Still more concerned with who they’ve sold to than them clinging on.

I just don’t trust they’d do due diligence to make sure Kretinsky gives a hoot. Could be a man coming into a club with middling to poor results, no European football, no Rice, no Czech players.

Does he really have any ambition to improve us? Is this a business transaction by a man who just wants to take little bits of businesses and eek out profits for himself?

I want the sale, but I’m not sure I trust it’s all roses and the promised land on the way.
Difficult isn't it, although we have zero input into whoever they decide to sell to, it will certainly be the largest bidder not necessarily the right custodian (regardless of what Sully sprouts off).... saying all of that I cannot wait for the three of them to f*** off, i might actually then go to the new stadium.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

e20too wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:03 pm There is nothing realistic in thinking Gold has a future at the club. He is at deaths door and his daughters have no interest so it’s whatever is best suited to providing the family the best tax deal and equity release as to what and how long that name is associated with the club come March.
It is far better for Gold to still own his shares when he dies. If he sells up before, then he will have to pay capital gains tax on the profit he has made over his investment in the club and the remaining proceeds will subsequently form part of his estate for inheritance tax.

If he still holds the shares when he dies, then there is no capital gains tax payable (any liability disappears upon death) and also the shares are completely free of inheritance tax (business relief applies for shares held for more than 2 years in an unquoted company).
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Wembley1966 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:46 pm It is far better for Gold to still own his shares when he dies.
I'm pretty sure he died years ago and has been mummified pending the sale of the club :grin:
Westcountry
Has liked: 304 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by Westcountry »

GSB earn far more money from their other business interests than they do from the club. As much as hey stand to profit should they sell, when you reach the age they are with their wealth in the bank what could they realistically do with a couple of extra 100 millions?

I am really surprised at just how many people think they will sell up as soon as the clause expires in March 2023.

They love the prestige of owning a Premier League club (who wouldn’t?) and everything that goes with it. The mingling in board rooms on match days and believe it or not, the everyday running of the club. Every indication is that Sullivan is looking to pass his shares to his sons.

They have sought extra investment and found it but they have never given any indication they want to sell up completely.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

latest I have heard is that Kretinsky & PAI to club together - but I have been down this road before so not holding my breath !!!

One thing is for sure though they will cash in on Rice before they sell and the usual suspects will be involved in getting a piece of the cake - guaranteed
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:42 pm
One thing is for sure though they will cash in on Rice before they sell and the usual suspects will be involved in getting a piece of the cake - guaranteed
How do they cash in on Rice?
Would they sell him and decide to take % of the sale out of the club?

The clubs finances and the owners finances are separate entities