Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by sicknote »

Tenbury wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:50 pm I'm rapidly running out of threads that aren't stupendously depressing.
Just look forwards to the villa thread, that's going to blow your mind ;)
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:11 pm You read it here first:

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44505

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137815

And don't forget which blogs claimed the above was untrue.

All you need is KUMB (da da da da dah)
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

ashbanki wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:15 pm Let's be honest - All David Sullivan wanted was a cash injection and still keep control - The idea of a buyout when the repayment option runs out has just been trolled out to placate fan unrest,imo.
I think you're right about what Sully wanted, however I don't think they have rolled out the clause to placate unrest.

If anything people putting 2 and 2 to make either 4 - going off GSB MO and settling of interest owed to them, raising the bare minimum amount to float the club during COVID and retain the same control, the Kretinsky share option and DK's individual conversations with the LLDC about the stadium which requires ownership of both club and leasehold to be profitable)

Yes, people may be wildly speculating and making 5 however I think there is a lot of logic to go with the former and that it would be detrimental more than anything and put pressure on them as opposed to placate fans
Liam
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Liam »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:49 pm It became known only this week that the Gold family wanted to hold onto their shares, which just adds to the limbo the club is in. There is even a suggestion that inheritance tax is an issue and could last for two years.
[/i]
I assume that this would have been considered when Kretinsky's call option was written
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Kretinsky has just launched a bid to buy 100% of the shares of France's second bigest publishing group: Editis.
Splashing the cash around elsewhere.
Possibly no relevance to us but I head it on the radio this morning and thought i'd post on here.
Link in French
Weirdy
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Weirdy »

Sorry to pop in but just seen this on Hammers News from Coufal, so not sure of it's translation quality.

“I can’t say from my position (whether Moyes will be sacked), I don’t sit on the board,” Coufal told Sport CZ.

“This is a question for our future owner (entrepreneur Daniel Křetínský, editor’s note).”
Hamburger
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 444 likes

Post by Hamburger »

There indeed must be an inheritance tax issue. If I remember correctly, the Gold family own 10% in a trust and DG owned the rest and neither will be resolved quickly. I think it took nearly 6 months for lawyers to fleece us for our mother's estate which was pretty straight forward. The complexity of Gold's estate, even with a clear will, would be horrendous.

I suspect best case scenario is that DG's personal shares could be sold this year but to who? If we go down I would say almost certainly Sully would snap up a bargain with a view to making a killing in future and gaining control. God forbid we may then even see his youngest son involved.

Just when we could see light at the end of the tunnel, only to find out it's probably Sully with a torch!

I think the closing statement in this indicates his intentions -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... r-pad.html
Mullhull
Has liked: 333 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2747 likes
Total likes: 1776 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Toulouse_Iron wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:57 pm Kretinsky has just launched a bid to buy 100% of the shares of France's second bigest publishing group: Editis.
Splashing the cash around elsewhere.
Possibly no relevance to us but I head it on the radio this morning and thought i'd post on here.
Link in French
If your business's are making money, you need to spend it, otherwise you're just giving a wedge to the taxman.
The inheritance tax thing is indeed a problem.
40% over 500k in the UK.
That's a kicker...
Has liked: 4522 likes
Total likes: 1529 likes

Post by Sticky »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Shabu
Has liked: 4186 likes
Total likes: 2047 likes

Post by Shabu »

Weirdy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:39 pm Sorry to pop in but just seen this on Hammers News from Coufal, so not sure of it's translation quality.

“I can’t say from my position (whether Moyes will be sacked), I don’t sit on the board,” Coufal told Sport CZ.

“This is a question for our future owner (entrepreneur Daniel Křetínský, editor’s note).”
You know that Coufal & Soucek go our for dinner with Kretinsky at least once a month so will be privy to insider information.

It's human nature.

According to Google Maps there's a tasty Czech place in West Hampstead. I'm sure the three of them, plus some compatriots, will have discussed future plans over a bowl of Moravian Sausages with some Bryndzové halušky, Svíčková & some Marlenka to finish.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2747 likes
Total likes: 1776 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Last edited by DublinDave on Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has liked: 4522 likes
Total likes: 1529 likes

Post by Sticky »

Shabu
Has liked: 4186 likes
Total likes: 2047 likes

Post by Shabu »

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 757 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

While members are naturally welcome to comment on issues relating to WHUFC, we do not condone unwarranted personal attacks on any individual/s, their physical characteristics or personal lifestyle choices whether they are members of this Forum or otherwise.

Please stick to the subject matter.
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted. [/i
Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No politics in GD please
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Not many business people are philanthropists.

I'm sure if I worked for Royal Mail I wouldn't like him but I'm hoping he wants to make his investment work at West Ham so not overly concerned.
Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted a political comment since deleted
Surrey Supporter
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Surrey Supporter »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted. [/i
Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No politics in GD
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No politics in GD please
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Political comment