Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mickthekeeper
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by mickthekeeper »

I assume the call option will eventually expire or does it run ad infinitum?
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Major »

ToiletDuck wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:47 pm I would be amazed if there wasn't a buy:sell option on Golds shares. It is common in business.

Dave and Dave (an example) might be best mates and run a business well together. But both might hate each others families which they would be forced into working with on either demise.
Run a business well?

Are you taking the piss :crylol:
Mullhull
Has liked: 332 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Major wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:03 pm Run a business well?

Are you taking the piss :crylol:
They're both multi millionaires from running successful businesses. It's not luck is it? :crylol: f*** me some of you do let hate cloud your brain. It also pisses me off because it makes me sound like I like them when I have to point out obvious **** like this. I don't but I understand what they are.
DublinDave wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:34 pm I take that as, "You've agreed a price Kretinsky so don't try to shaft us."
I'm far more inclined to believe the story last week saying Kretinsky has put his call option on hold until he sees how this season goes than I am this latest one anyway...
Don't suppose you have a link at all mate?
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Like I said , an example

And as much as I am not keen on them, from Purley a financial aspect they have done brilliantly from Thier initial investment.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

WebmasterFF wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:29 pm Likewise. Why pay £600m (which I believe is around the same amount for the call option) today when it may only be worth £400m (for example) in June. You'll either lose £200m or miss out on saving £200m if they really want out.

FWIW I don't think the Gold Estate or Sullivan will sell up if we go down, unless for some bizarre reason the call option is activated. They'll look at getting us back up to the PL, utilising money from the sale of Rice, Bowen etc to buy players to do it first time to maximise their investment/sale price without spending a penny
Circa £600m is around the right price for a PL West Ham. Forget the training ground, the stadium or whatever else, it is not the capital assets, it is all about the income which is in turn all about the daft PL monies. Anything around 3 times income is about right at the moment and we earn well in excess of £200m in Europe and just short of it out of Europe.

Get relegated however and it becomes a true buggers muddle. No way it is worth more than about a third of that based on likely Championship income once the parachutes are gone, then the capital assets have a role, but equally no seller would sell on the basis it reverts to far closer to the £600m the moment we are promoted.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Golds shares have a price, you cant give mates rates on them for Sullivan… although as the majority share holder he has first refusal on them (i think)
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Major »

Mullhull wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:52 pm They're both multi millionaires from running successful businesses. It's not luck is it? :crylol: **** me some of you do let hate cloud your brain. It also pisses me off because it makes me sound like I like them when I have to point out obvious **** like this. I don't but I understand what they are.

Don't suppose you have a link at all mate?
of course i was being facetious, they have made a few quid for sure, the fact that they did it through one of the dodgiest industries there is is irrelevant as well, but i do think it shows the calibre of men we are talking about.

i was meaning specifically West Ham, they have run the thing like a trust fund rather than a business. This is all about benefiting them and not the business.

c****
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

Oh dear
Denzil
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

As others have mentioned, I don't think a majority takeover will be expected prior to summer due to uncertainty around league status. Does sound like there is traction this summer though (hopefully)
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1983 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

2 scenarios I reckon

in the PL talks advance

in the Fizzy no chance
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

jabbaglob123 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:19 pm Oh dear
You read it here first:

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44505

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137815

And don't forget which blogs claimed the above was untrue.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:58 pm in the PL talks advance
in the Fizzy no chance
Talks continue both ways, just at considerably different price points.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1380 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Has this thread become even more depressing than the relegation thread?

:cried:
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Gaz »

Line from the article above; "Sources have suggested he [Sullivan] does not want to sell to Kretinsky"

Anyone know why that would be? £600m of his money is as good as anyone's ...
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Gaz wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:47 pm Line from the article above; "Sources have suggested he [Sullivan] does not want to sell to Kretinsky"

Anyone know why that would be? £600m of his money is as good as anyone's ...
Likely due to ego.

Kretinsky has come in, injected £160m of his own money into the club (not as loans) and is being seen by a significant number of fans as the potential Saviour of the club.

Sully has been craving that since investing his money (as loans gathering significant interest per annum) and telling fans that he was the Saviour of the club.

Kretinsky has more money, is better in business and already has a march on Sully following conversations about the Olympic Stadium whilst being a fellow board member. That likely royally ****'s him right and so would rather sell to someone else. Might not have the luxury of that option if Kretinsky pulls the trigger on his option
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1983 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

explained pretty well here imvho

now, I understand it's one person's view of the situation, but still it does show the problems there are in and around the club....

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44531

The Gold family holding, with Dan Cunningham becoming influential, is likely to remain in probate for six months after David Gold’s death, claims the Guardian article. Cunningham is Gold’s son in law and married to daughter Jackie. He was co-opted onto the board of West Ham United FC in January 2021, and then onto the board of WH Holding Ltd in November of that year.

It became known only this week that the Gold family wanted to hold onto their shares, which just adds to the limbo the club is in. There is even a suggestion that inheritance tax is an issue and could last for two years.
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

Lovejoy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:25 pm They aren’t going anywhere are they, slags.
To be fair, most of the chat and expectation over the last couple of years has been firmly based upon the upcoming LLDC deadline. At no point has anyone from the club said that they were going to sell up or move over. That’s purely stuff that has been over speculated to the point where some expected it to happen. Kretinsky investing in the club may well start takeover processes but it also falls in line with Sullivans acknowledgment and long time repeated plea for external investment in the club to help push it forward. Bit harsh to blame them for not moving on if they never promised it.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Let's be honest - All David Sullivan wanted was a cash injection and still keep control - The idea of a buyout when the repayment option runs out has just been trolled out to placate fan unrest,imo.
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

ashbanki wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:15 pm Let's be honest - All David Sullivan wanted was a cash injection and still keep control - The idea of a buyout when the repayment option runs out has just been trolled out to placate fan unrest,imo.
I’m not sure Sullivan has been trolling it ? We’ve managed that ourselves through blind hope.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

I'm rapidly running out of threads that aren't stupendously depressing.