Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Never seen so many moderated messages on one page :crylol:

C'mon Danny boy, get your chequebook out mate. Time for Mr Sullivan to retire, or buy Cardiff or something.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:40 pm Never seen so many moderated messages on one page :crylol:

C'mon Danny boy, get your chequebook out mate. Time for Mr Sullivan to retire, or buy Cardiff or something.
I agree. it is rather a lot
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:40 pm Never seen so many moderated messages on one page :crylol:
Mods had a point though to be fair :lol:
Mullhull
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

I'm still massively skeptical of big DK. I just don't think he's going to be any different from Sullivan...

Even if he takes over the stadium it will be to increase our value not because he wants to bulldoze it and make it a football stadium.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

Mullhull wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:59 pm I'm still massively skeptical of big DK. I just don't think he's going to be any different from Sullivan...

Even if he takes over the stadium it will be to increase our value not because he wants to bulldoze it and make it a football stadium.
Surely apart from the so called "sports washing" ownership models anybody who invests in a football club, just as in any other business, is doing so with the intention of making more money ?

Or have I missed something somehwre along the way ?
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 678 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

We are in a situation where only a Sheikh top with endless amounts of cash, would be best for the club.

We need to invest in the stadium development and also training facilities, as well as the area surrounding the stadium
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

jabbaglob123 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:58 am We are in a situation where only a Sheikh top with endless amounts of cash, would be best for the club.

We need to invest in the stadium development and also training facilities, as well as the area surrounding the stadium
Not a chance (imho)
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

Mullhull wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:59 pm I'm still massively skeptical of big DK. I just don't think he's going to be any different from Sullivan...

You could have started at ‘because he..’ and stopped at ‘…bulldoze it’. Though I’m sure it’s only a long term ambition.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

West Ham getting oil rich owners is the only sure way of saving the planet. A scientific breakthrough in renewable energy is bound to be discovered within days of them taking us over.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Or they top another journalist?
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

https://twitter.com/WestHam_Central/sta ... Bvlpw&s=19

The Times reporting that Kretinsky is planning a takeover.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Times repeat KUMB 'Kretinsky' claims
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137889
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:40 pmNever seen so many moderated messages on one page :crylol:
UTJ & co been busier than West Ham in January
PortCityIron
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by PortCityIron »

“Welcome to The Royal Mail Stadium’s Parcelforce Pitch for a packed day of football from the West Ham United Postmen, shipping action straight to your living rooms!”
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

PortCityIron wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:32 pm “Welcome to The Royal Mail Stadium’s Parcelforce Pitch for a packed day of football from the West Ham United Postmen, shipping action straight to your living rooms!”
Just look out for the breakages.
Mullhull
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Kermit wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:56 am Surely apart from the so called "sports washing" ownership models anybody who invests in a football club, just as in any other business, is doing so with the intention of making more money ?

Or have I missed something somehwre along the way ?
Absolutely but people hate Sullivan for doing the same thing yet they think DK will be different.

He won't be, in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Anyone but The Sullivan family.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It could well all go to **** under Kretinsky too, but we have to try something different to the current regime. It can't get much worse, considering what GSB have already done. If it's deemed a 'risk', it's definitely one I'm prepared to take as Sullivan and Co have done enough damage.
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Mullhull wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:44 am Absolutely but people hate Sullivan for doing the same thing yet they think DK will be different.

He won't be, in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong.
Whilst I'm in agreement with you (and Kermit) that DK is investing to make money, I disagree in that he'll be the same as Sully. We'd be professionally run for a start

Kretinsky is known for having a wide range of investments, all of which have got dofferent CEOs or chairmen - if he takes over I can see him hiring someone with actual business acumen (no not you Baroness) to run the club. He's shown that he's willing to put his money in if it extends the value of the club (as per his share purchases which cleared the club debt to G&S) so may be more likely to invest in the infrastructure - better training faclities and performance will lead to better players (read 'high value assets') wanting to be here and bump up the value of the club. Better recruitment would lead to low purchases but high value sales instead of this constant short termism that we have in place leading to players bought with little sale value

The the thing that has let Sully down consistently is his ego and selfishness. He's always wanted to be seen as the savior of the club but pillaged us for a number of years due to interest rates owed to him and Gold (we owed more in debt when Kretinsky came on board than to the Icelandic banks). He wanted to be seen as a great football chairman, making friends via his links in the media industry to release sound bites, statements slagging off players and push a narrative on how great he is for almost buying Neymar and how poor (insert manager name here) is for signing (insert player name here) was, until they started performing well and Sully took credit. He's played football manager with the club (Brian Montenegro anyone?) but more importantly failed to invest at key points which would have cemented top 4 finishes, doing everything on the cheap. He sold our home (the details of which are still sketchy), and whilst Brady may have got the 'deal of the century' it certainly wasn't for the benefit of us fans and the lack of growth from not owning the stadium (concerts, catering, joint stadium/shirt deals for example) is something thay Kretinsky is already trying to look into and make more profitable - something which LLDC will never explore with Brady or Sully IMO.

More importantly, I can see Brady being gone before the ink is even dry on the purchase. The way she has spouted off in the press to the direct detriment of the club, shown personal disdain towards fans/fan groups/othe club chairmen and stole a living whilst here has undermined the credibility of the club (especially with constant lawsuits with LLDC and reneged on tickets to the community by using a loophole). Her being gone will be a significant improvement around the club, especially from anecdotal accounts of how she behaves towards people
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Colours never run wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:46 am It could well all go to **** under Kretinsky too, but we have to try something different to the current regime. It can't get much worse, considering what GSB have already done. If it's deemed a 'risk', it's definitely one I'm prepared to take as Sullivan and Co have done enough damage.
Below is a story I read yesterday. Not west ham related but relevant in that a new owner comes along from the middle east.......

Not saying it will happen here. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65042578