NFL For Dummies

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Re: NFL For Dummies

Post by WCpete »

2nd half beat down from Buffalo D and the Bills win an impressive road game.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

WCpete wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:12 am 2nd half beat down from Buffalo D and the Bills win an impressive road game.
:fsake:
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1120 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Albeit the Rams were uncharacteristically poor on both sides of the ball, Buffalo were very good. Could this finally be their year to go all the way?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Macca1973 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:12 pm Albeit the Rams were uncharacteristically poor on both sides of the ball, Buffalo were very good. Could this finally be their year to go all the way?
they certainly have a good chance this year.
SG12FFS
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by SG12FFS »

After a couple of tickets for the Minnesota vs New Orleans NFL games at Tottenham stadium on 2nd October.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but let me know if anyone has 2 tickets going?
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

First game of the night and I have elected to watch the 49'ers @ Bears.

Then, for me, it's big one this evening as my Packers go to the Vikings. I'm going with 35-14 to the Pack.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Chicago got 5 inches of rain in just a few hours and this field is basically in perfect condition. It's a grass field. There's not a speck of mud on any uniform. Takes the fun out of watching these games when the weather has no to minimal affect on the game. I don't like it.
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

WCpete wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:12 pm Chicago got 5 inches of rain in just a few hours and this field is basically in perfect condition. It's a grass field. There's not a speck of mud on any uniform. Takes the fun out of watching these games when the weather has no to minimal affect on the game. I don't like it.
The perfect condition of the field isn't helping the bears, thankfully!

I get your point though... it's all a bit, well, sanitised.
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

Some good match-ups today, I'm a Jets fan so already been flipping from that game :crylol: Checking out Niners/Bears and Baker v Braahns, plus Detroit. Crazy with the water at the start of Chicago game.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

It's going to be another long year in NY where the NFL is concerned. Shouldn't be that way. NYC and the tristate area deserve better.
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

WCpete wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:53 pm It's going to be another long year in NY where the NFL is concerned. Shouldn't be that way. NYC and the tristate area deserve better.
Agreed. Giants and Jets have been average to poor for a while now. Shame...I kinda like the Jets as a second team.
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

First play, Vikings score.

We get the ball, first throw, nailed on touchdown...if the rookie hadn't dropped it :evil:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Texans being the Texans

go ahead 20-3 then give up 168 yards on the ground to Taylor. who torched us for I think over 120 yards both games last season...

go back the other end when they hit the k o out of bounds. start at the bloody 40 yard line. do nothing.

goes back to Indy, we get it back again on a missed f.g. get a 4th and 1 on their I think 40. we punt.

PUNT ..

PUNT.

:swear: :swear:

are you kidding me !!!! talk about give up. there was only about less than 20 seconds on the clock and although they still had 2 time outs we should have gambled...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

only week 1 I know, but it seems, from the highlights, several games were won and lost by field goals.

3 into o.t. maybe ?

currently Arizona getting waxed by Mahomes & co. and Rodgers running for his life in Minnesota.

awaiting Brady versus Dak in a while. but I might not last that long. could be an early night....

yesterday, even without the PL was a long day's viewing altogether.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Well, will you look at that? Giants we’re down 13 when I posted last. They won it by going for 2 in the dying throes. You like to see that.

EDIT: Just watched the highlights. Looks to have been an even game, but maybe the Giants got away with one in the last minute. That shovel pass for 2 pts should have been stopped in the backfield. Props to Barkley for fighting to the end zone. And the Titans missed a fairly routine FG at the death to win it. Still, a win’s a win.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:53 pm It's going to be another long year in NY where the NFL is concerned. Shouldn't be that way. NYC and the tristate area deserve better.
simon hammer wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:34 pm Agreed. Giants and Jets have been average to poor for a while now. Shame...I kinda like the Jets as a second team.
<Brian Daboll has entered the chat>

Last edited by bitter-iron-ny on Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:51 am Well, will you look at that? Giants we’re down 13 when I posted last. They won it by going for 2 in the dying throes. You like to see that.

EDIT: Just watched the highlights. Looks to have been an even game, but maybe the Giants got away with one in the last minute. That shovel pass for 2 pts should have been stopped in the backfield. Props to Barkley for fighting to the end zone. And the Titans missed a fairly routine FG at the death to win it. Still, a win’s a win.
Tale of two halves. Giants on their heels first half. Grew into the game as offensive line started to play more coordinated and Kafka more confident in his play calling. Lots of sloppiness both ways, but Titans had multiple opportunities to put the game away in the first three quarters but didn't.

And no such thing as a routine FG to win it, as any Bengals or Steelers fan realized today.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

and the Colts..

absolutely cracking game there in Seattle..

such a fast first half, it seems to me at least..

17-13 at h-t on Wilson's homecoming...

:newthumb:

Denver self imploded. several opportunities but fumble etc. saw them left with about 5 seconds left and a 4th and 5 (I think). still it's 17-16 and a chance for the win.

what does the coach decide ? let Wilson chuck a Hail Mary ?

nope.

let's his fg kicker attempt what would have been the 2nd longest fg in NFL history.

64 yards.

he's never made one that long before.

what a tool....

he's be in the boss' office this morning..

WTF were you thinking...?
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

If only the Broncos had a strong armed, scrambling last second clutch QB, maybe they could have gone for it.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:00 pm If only the Broncos had a strong armed, scrambling last second clutch QB, maybe they could have gone for it.
Looked up "coaching scared" in the dictionary and up popped a video of the lady 2 minutes of MNF.

Dislike both teams so no agenda, but that was really embarrassing.