NFL For Dummies

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: NFL For Dummies

Post by wolf359 »

Anyone betting on raiders v chargers tie tonight?

Could be embarrassing for the NFL.

EDIT - after watching it this morning - Amazing game.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Man, 49ers really had no business winning this game. Cowboys shot themselves in the foot about 2 dozen times with penalties. And Prescott's lack of awareness on the last play was stunning.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

WCpete wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:02 am Man, 49ers really had no business winning this game. Cowboys shot themselves in the foot about 2 dozen times with penalties. And Prescott's lack of awareness on the last play was stunning.
Choked big time.

All over for Big Ben, the Bill v Chiefs should be fantastic next week.

Still difficult to look beyond Green Bay in the NFC. 49ers looked pretty beat up today and I can't see them having enough.

AFC I reckon the winner of the Bills/Chiefs will go to Superbowl, don't fancy the Titans even though they are the no1 seed.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Poor form from Cowboys fans for pelting their own players with rubbish as they left the field.

Rodgers will choke like he usually does. I don't see either of the 49ers or Packers getting to the SB. My gut says the NFC representative will come from one of the other 3 teams.

I'm jumping on the Bills bandwagon. They probably won't get to the SB, but I like the way they play and they're due for a little glory. And my wife is from there, but I can't hold that against the Bills.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

As a Giants fan I watched all the games at the weekend as a neutral and loved every minute of it 😁 watched pretty much every snap so far and I’ll be getting up early to watch the last game ‘as live’ on my Sky Q. I know some of you boys are Rams fans so I’ll be cheering you on, I love Cooper Kupp and have had him in fantasy for a few years so this year I’ve really reaped the rewards.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

You won’t find many worse QB playoff performances than Murray’s in that first half.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

:muscle: :muscle: Rams

Bigger test awaits now though. Beat Tampa and I think we can go all the way.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Great from the Rams, them and the Bills look the form sides right now.

So Super Wild Card Weekend, wasn't really that 'super'. Just one game against the seedings and a number of completely one sided games.

Gets real next weekend. Looking forward to Rams@Tampa and Bills@Chiefs in particular. I can't see either the Bengels or the 49ers troubling the no1. seeds though.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Bills v Chiefs is the pick of the fixtures in the next round for me. Have always been impressed by the skills of Mahomes and similarly Rodgers, however in that fixture, I’ll be rooting for the 49ers, having jumped on their bandwagon when C4 started showing it in the 80s.

Totally dipped out of it until a couple of years back - as mentioned above, really enjoy watching games as a neutral - Red Zone is ideal, no ads, limited stoppages and all action.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

It is possible The Rams, 49ers and Buffalo could all beat the bookies favourites this week, and I've had some bets on that.

I'm actually surprised Kansas are match favourites, they have been a bit flakey. The Rams could really be a big threat, now they have Beckham as well as Cupp and 2 running backs now.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Rodgers continues to reign as the king of choke.
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

wolf359 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 pm I can't see either the Bengels or the 49ers troubling the no1. seeds though.
That aged well.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

WCpete wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:14 am Rodgers continues to reign as the king of choke.
Well the 49ers are playing brilliantly, despite having an average QB. Was it great defense or poor Offense. I saw post match that the consensus was not enough running with the ball. Does having a MVP QB make the coach put too much through him?

If anyone chokes it was Tannehill. I had quite a few bets around Titans.

How ca you sack a QB NINE times and still lose?
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

simon hammer wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:42 am That aged well.
Indeed. Play those games again and both Titans and Packers win. They both should not have lost.

Bengals winning with that O-line shouldn’t be a thing. Burrow took more shots then Bruno but just kept getting up but nine sacks and still losing the Titans defence did their jobs must be tightly annoyed.

49ers couldn’t move the ball at all but special teams came to play along with their once again fantastic defence. GB threw that away with their crap special team.

Great effort from the two lower seeds to grasp the chance when it was offered.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Love this

Rodgers did choke, btw. His decision making was atrocious. He did what he usually does in the playoffs, which is to abandon game plan at important moments of the game. His stats were ok, but passes were thrown at shoe strings, behind receivers, all over the park. But for his incredible receivers he’d have had a very bad day. And as BLR points out, the Niners were average. Offense just barely stayed alive. Defense was excellent and special teams made the difference.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Bucs/Rams

:shocker: :shocker: :shocker:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

2 best teams are playing now on this Chiefs/ Bills game. What a game. First one of the weekend played at the highest levels. All the other games were very exciting and had stretches of quality play, but we’re ultimately decided by mistakes. Lots of them. Rams got away with it.

But Mahomes and Allen. Wow! 🤩
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Now that was a game.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:30 pm Bucs/Rams

:shocker: :shocker: :shocker:
Bloody hell Rams, just like watching West Ham.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

wolf359 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:41 am Bloody hell Rams, just like watching West Ham.
I'd say the Bucs were definitely West Ham.

Rice/Bowen (Brady) bring us back from 4-1 down to equalize at 4-4 with only time added on to play.

rather than play for the draw Fredericks runs about like a chicken with his head cut off, gives the ball away and they go down the other end, Dawson gives up a free kick which Rashford bashes into the net as the ref blows the whistle. no on field review.

oh wait................

:crylol: