✍ Welcome Vladimír Coufal

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2014 likes

Re: Vladimír Coufal signs

Post by Shabu »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:44 am to be fair it is Czechoslovakia he plays for and not rubbish like Jamaica :winker:
He plays for a country that hasn't existed for almost 30 years :chin:
larryberyl

Post by larryberyl »

glad he isnt playing as needs time to recover. we have everton genk spurs and man city coming up after the break . we will need a 100% fit vlad

soucek needs a rest also. hope he doesnt play every game. same for rice
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Billydinho wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:54 pm I'm a little bit glad he's out. Not because I want to see him injured obviously but I think he needs time out and good rest.

He's really not hit his form of last year, where he was arguably the best right back in the league, and I'm hoping the reason for that is because he's tired.
I'm afraid it's our well known second-season fullback curse. Schemmel, Konchesky, Ilunga... I'm sure there are more and the list will continue to grow until the curse is lifted.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:02 am I'm afraid it's our well known second-season fullback curse. Schemmel, Konchesky, Ilunga... I'm sure there are more and the list will continue to grow until the curse is lifted.
Carl Jenkinson!
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

The first half he was really really bad.

I said at HT it’ll be interesting to see how these new boys react as it was the first time the fans had sort of got on their back since being here.

Tbf out second half performance was really good so that’s a good sign. Coufal also improved.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 467 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:02 am I'm afraid it's our well known second-season fullback curse. Schemmel, Konchesky, Ilunga... I'm sure there are more and the list will continue to grow until the curse is lifted.
Nah, he will be OK.

Schemmel's rise and fall was the worst of that lot by some distance, proper hero to zero. I cannot see the same happening with Coufal.

There's a deeper fullback curse though as many didn't even have a decent first season - Minto & Charles spring to mind :shocker:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

BigFatSam wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:26 pm The first half he was really really bad.

I said at HT it’ll be interesting to see how these new boys react as it was the first time the fans had sort of got on their back since being here.

Tbf out second half performance was really good so that’s a good sign. Coufal also improved.
That first half performance was one of the worst individual displays I'd seen for a long time, at the very least since Zaza.

He got everything there was to get wrong, wrong.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

iLoveLasagne wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:17 am Carl Jenkinson!
I get horrible flashbacks of his crosses he couldn't get higher than 2ft off the floor and always hitting the first man. Other than that he wasn't too bad for the most part.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Apparently his injury was picked up from the off the ball challenge from Matic at Old Trafford.

Man Utd do seem to have form at trying to cripple our defenders don’t they? Ogbonna in the FA Cup last season springs to mind.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

If true, can we take any kind of legal action? f*** it, he blatantly tried to injure him, and seemingly succeeded.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

iLoveLasagne wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:17 am Carl Jenkinson!
Ah yes, of course! I knew I'd forgotten an obvious one.
Penfold711
Has liked: 2001 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by Penfold711 »

simonpaulthomas wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:46 pm If true, can we take any kind of legal action? **** it, he blatantly tried to injure him, and seemingly succeeded.
Looked like a case for assault to me or are footballers exempt during a match.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2720 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Sounds like he had a ruptured ball, had one of those in my late teens playing rugby... Excruciatingly painful & it took me months to get back playing properly...
Fingers crossed he'll recover fully & with the wonders of modern science will be back soon...
DublinDave
Has liked: 2720 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Double post
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

DublinDave wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:20 pm Sounds like he had a ruptured ball,
Only one thing for it..

Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1315 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Time for this man to go back in the side next week. Moyes played it well giving Johnson a deserved run, and it's done him a lot of good (Coufal too perhaps, who was looking a bit within his comfort zone at times this season), but his passing stats are a weak spot, and Coufal's attacking threat and linking with other key players make him too valuable to ignore for long. Also, the Grealish factor. Keep Johnson developing in the cup games.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

He’ll start next Thursday in the Europa. But I’d personally keep him out of the Premier League starting 11 until at least after the Man City game.

With Man City’s pace and trickery the game may suit Johnson more.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Korea Hammer wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:48 am Time for this man to go back in the side next week. Moyes played it well giving Johnson a deserved run, and it's done him a lot of good (Coufal too perhaps, who was looking a bit within his comfort zone at times this season), but his passing stats are a weak spot, and Coufal's attacking threat and linking with other key players make him too valuable to ignore for long. Also, the Grealish factor. Keep Johnson developing in the cup games.
Excellent summary. His passes out of defence, to Soucek in particular. have been badly lacking.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I actually think Johnson is the better defender and probably has the higher ceiling - but I think most would agree that Coufal is the better in an attacking sense, but also worth noting that Soucek misses the option to play the ‘out ball’ to his marauding right back mate. It’s beginning to not be surprising that Soucek is less effective in a transition sense without Coufal to his right.
Last edited by hammer1975 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

hammer1975 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:29 pm I actually think Johnson is the better defender and probably has the higher ceiling - but I think most would agree that Coufal is the better in an attacking sense, but also worth noting that Soucek misses the option to play the ‘out all’ to his marauding right back mate. It’s beginning to not be surprising that Soucek is less effective in a transition sense without Coufal to his right.
I agree, although harsh on Johnson as he's done nothing wrong, we do miss Coufal's attacking threat.