Liverpool 2-1 West Ham Utd (31/10/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Vic_Watson »

On tonight's evidence I think we were lucky that Jota didn't start.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Klopp rejects Salah dive claims
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=135053
continental skills
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

Watching the incident in slow motion, it's interesting to note when Salah actually begins to scream - way later than he would do if the scream were genuine.
kotch22

Post by kotch22 »

Xabbu wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:37 pm Never ever seen so much crap defending a dive from a home supporter. It’s a dive. His feet weren’t swept from under him, he wasn’t pushed in the back, he didn’t prevent any kind of skill. It’s utterly pathetic on so many levels, you defend that you don’t get football
I've already said the fall was simulated. I'm not saying we should applaud that, but that we should be looking to hold the refs accountable for regularly not blowing the whistle just because a player doesn't go down when fouled. If you can't recognise that the fully honest players who stay on their feet are being punished by referees assuming they therefore haven't been fouled, you don't get football. If you can't see that Masuaku—irrespective of whether Salah goes down or not—commits a foul here when rashly trying to win the ball, you don't get football.

For the record, I actually think the nature of penalties needs changing. At the moment, minor fouls at the fringes of the area (like Masuaku's) are disproportionately costly, and the value of drawing a foul there instead of trying to keep the play going becomes too high. Maybe there should be a smaller semi-circle for the penalty area, or maybe penalties should only be awarded when there was a clear goalscoring opportunity, or something.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

continental skills wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:11 pm Watching the incident in slow motion, it's interesting to note when Salah actually begins to scream - way later than he would do if the scream were genuine.
Cheating is the way to go, it is encouraged now in football. Mo Salah is just another in the long line of cheating c**** that get away with it.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 pm 2-1 Liverpool with VAR coming to their rescue last minute as they've moaned so much about how its all gone against them.
I wasn't far off.....