Liverpool 2-1 West Ham Utd (31/10/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by bubbles1966 »

steviechaz

Post by steviechaz »

Turns to Stone wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:07 pm I genuinely believe that with ones like that you should be able to give a penalty AND book Salah for simulation. Same with the Lamela one against Man Utd when Martial got sent off. Send the player off, but book the lad for chucking himself on the floor.

It’s the only way to stop this nonsense. If it’s anything other than a ‘natural reaction’ to the challenge, then it must be simulation.

As for the game, we missed Antonio, but lovely to think that we were unlucky not win a game away at the Champions.
Was thinking exactly the same thing myself. Surprised I was agreeing with Souness with his comments. Having said that Masuaku did give the ref the opportunity to give a penalty. As others have said by the end of the game I was almost throwing something at the screen with Carragher's biased comments. Why do they let me have the summariser's role for Liverpool games?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Still love you, Carlton :thup:
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

Had a nagging feeling all game that the ref couldn't wait to give Pool a penalty or some sort of advantage to them. If it wasn't so obvious, he would have given that VAR decision to them but couldn't. I don't understand the "Mane not interfering with the game" crap logic. Our defenders have to concentrate on playing him offside but then lose focus on them making runs through us (the defenders can't multi task in split seconds). If that is the rule , we've really got to do the same when we get that type of opportunity
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Humbug wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:47 pm Had a nagging feeling all game that the ref couldn't wait to give Pool a penalty or some sort of advantage to them. If it wasn't so obvious, he would have given that VAR decision to them but couldn't. I don't understand the "Mane not interfering with the game" crap logic. Our defenders have to concentrate on playing him offside but then lose focus on them making runs through us (the defenders can't multi task in split seconds). If that is the rule , we've really got to do the same when we get that type of opportunity
I don’t know why they feel the need to be biased towards clubs like Cheatpool etc they already have the advantage of spending Zillions .
Just is the mindset of refs or their pockets might be a bit lighter perhaps :thdn:
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:52 am I think we had to keep that tight system at Anfield

But I was annoyed we hadn't won the match on the final whistle which in my opinion shows how far we have come.
I agree with this 100%.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Humbug wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:47 pm Had a nagging feeling all game that the ref couldn't wait to give Pool a penalty or some sort of advantage to them. If it wasn't so obvious, he would have given that VAR decision to them but couldn't. I don't understand the "Mane not interfering with the game" crap logic. Our defenders have to concentrate on playing him offside but then lose focus on them making runs through us (the defenders can't multi task in split seconds). If that is the rule , we've really got to do the same when we get that type of opportunity
My god, weren't they upset with the one that was disallowed by var.
Their sense of entitlement came shining through.
What us? Not allowed a goal? At Anfield?
Still pissed off that imo, we should have ended up getting more from Spurs, Man City & yesterday.
But, if we had, we'd probably be top now & better though we now are, I'd probably feel a bit guilty if we were, still with our team/squad deficiencies.
EastVillageHammer
Has liked: 3156 likes
Total likes: 2514 likes

Post by EastVillageHammer »

I’m still really frustrated with the result. More than deserving of a draw. I’m not normally one to wear Claret and Blue spectacles but ‘we was robbed’.

Just because Masuaku makes contact in the box, doesn’t make it a penalty. He didn’t stop a goalscoring opportunity, and it wasn’t a foul in my eyes. Any play acting from Salah totally undermines his claim, in my eyes.

I sincerely don’t understand how the second is given, with their player in the box and clearly obscuring our goalkeeper. If that counts, then any offside player not touching the ball can not be construed as interfering with play from this moment onwards.

Watched the game on screens at the OS in the Arnold Hills lounge. Pie Mash and Liquer was very decent... Frangipani tart for desert was not.
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

:twisted:
Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Look at that face of agony in the background, tit.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Spot on, as usual.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

There’s a lot of bitterness, anger and scepticism on this thread. It’s not befitting the West Ham I was born into, brought up with and have loved since I was a kid.

Has no one even stopped to ask to Mo Salah is, following that brutal assault yesterday?

Just winced through the highlights.

It's actually funny that the camera angle is across the goal, so all the on-rushing players can be seen in terms of their reactions, either to Salah's scream, or to the ref's whistle.

Souce is perfect; a pair of raised eyebrows and a smile of disbelief.
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

punkrockhammer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:59 pm Most of you people are *****
Bit of friendly advice: This anonymous internet edgelord act of yours isn't quite as cool as you think it is.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

ballantine wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:48 pm Bit of friendly advice: This anonymous internet edgelord act of yours isn't quite as cool as you think it is.
Was thinking similar myself.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Billydinho wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:03 am I thought we didn’t deserve anything from the game. Not sure if it’s just because we didn’t have Antonio but we really didn’t attempt to attack. Moyes needs to be wary of this new exciting 3 at the back doesn’t turn into the old boring negative 5 at the back from last time.
I don’t like this.

A number of times Cresswell overlapped Masuaku in open play. That’s a central defender up field in attack. You can’t claim we didn’t try to attack, even at 1-0 and 1-1.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Is punk rock still cool?

Was it ever?

Vic_Watson wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:36 pm Is punk rock still cool?

Was it ever?
You would have had a field day, today, Vic.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:39 pm You would have had a field day, today, Vic.
What happened today?

Same year as the Millwall documentary.

Punk lives