Issa Diop

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Watford Hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Re: Issa Diop

Post by Watford Hammer »

I had high hopes for Issa when he first joined - and when Mourinho described him as a monster I though we had ourselves a real star.
I am not sure what has happened along the way but he certainly appears to me to make the wrong decisions at times and again in my view has lost a lot of confidence. Early on in the Watford game it was Ben Johnson having to tell him what to do.

I'm not going to dig players out, he wasn't the only reason we lost today but I do find it difficult to see a way forward for him, we need reinforcements at the back because at best he should be on the bench.

Now where is that Masauaku thread?
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Big questions on Moyes.
He has been called a good defensive coach.
Why then has Diop, Coufal, Cresswell, Dawson, got.much worse defensively under his coaching? Doesn't make sense if he's a good defensive coach.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:44 pm
Zabaleta - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku
TBF he had Rice, Obiang and Noble in front of him. Today it was Rice and attacking midfielder Lanzini.

More of a problem for me is somehow fitting Manu, Fornals and Vlasic in the same side when they should be competing for one place.
Paolopaul
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 301 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:15 pm Big questions on Moyes.
Why then has Diop, Coufal, Cresswell, Dawson, got.much worse defensively under his coaching? Doesn't make sense if he's a good defensive coach.
Defences are usually good when they have the same personnel consistently. Wolves have had the same back three all season and hardly concede. All this chopping and changing due to injury has been of no help to us, I don’t think any of those four you mention are worse individually than a couple of years ago.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

The big man is part of a makeshift defensive line, sure, but that shouldn’t stop him from cutting out that third goal.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:15 pm Big questions on Moyes.
Dawson & Cresswell worse? Keep on fishing
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:15 pm TBF he had Rice, Obiang and Noble in front of him. Today it was Rice and attacking midfielder Lanzini.

More of a problem for me is somehow fitting Manu, Fornals and Vlasic in the same side when they should be competing for one place.
Fornals should be in the team ahead of Manu and Vlasic, imho
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Diogenes wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm As I said previously, his performance today was one of the worst I have seen in over 40 years.
He wasn't even in our worst 5 players today.

And sorry, but if that's one of the worst performances you've seen in 40 years then we must have been watching different West Hams all that time.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Rio wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:35 pm Dawson & Cresswell worse? Keep on fishing
Is the claim that Dawson is worse than he was for Watford? Moyes signed him! :lol:
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 pm Fornals should be in the team ahead of Manu and Vlasic, imho
Maybe. Personally I’d have Lanzini but regardless they’re all number 10s.

My point was that the defence today - a flat back four no less - had no protection in front. Rice was understandably pushing forward, but it would have left anyone exposed. Play Zouma in the same side and he’d get mullered as well.
Turtlecharityracer

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:10 pm Is the claim that Dawson is worse than he was for Watford? Moyes signed him! :lol:
Is Dawson getting worse as this season progresses? IMHO, yes.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Just f*** off
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:11 pm Maybe. Personally I’d have Lanzini but regardless they’re all number 10s.

My point was that the defence today - a flat back four no less - had no protection in front. Rice was understandably pushing forward, but it would have left anyone exposed. Play Zouma in the same side and he’d get mullered as well.
Spot on about Lanzini, we can only assume that Kral simply is not rated as playing Lanzini in that role really left us exposed, let's not underestimate the protection Rice and Soucek have offered our defence over the last two season.
Turtlecharityracer

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:20 pm Just **** off
Just foe me if you don't want debate.
Oh. You keep saying you have but keep posting about me. Hmmm. Something don't add up.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:18 pm Is Dawson getting worse as this season progresses? IMHO, yes.
And yet in the18 games he has played we have accrued 31 points.

How high have you set the bar ?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:22 pm Just foe me if you don't want debate.
Oh. You keep saying you have but keep posting about me. Hmmm. Something don't add up.
Moderation notice

A reminder trolling is against site rules.
Turtlecharityracer

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:26 pm And yet in the18 games he has played we have accrued 31 points.

How high have you set the bar ?
I've been a Dawson fans on the basis of punch for pound paid.
That doesn't stop me seeing that he is really starting to struggle. Is that because of Ogbonna injury? Don't know, but I am.seeing Rice more and more as last man behind the centre halves and that can't be a good thing.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:22 pm Just foe me if you don't want debate.
When you foe someone you are given the option to open any of their posts. They can also see posts that have quoted you.

Perhaps he wanted to see what inane ramblings you'd come up with in your latest reply to me?
Turtlecharityracer

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:38 pm When you foe someone you are given the option to open any of their posts. They can also see posts that have quoted you.

Perhaps he wanted to see what inane ramblings you'd come up with in your latest reply to me?
Inane or not, matter of opinion. One thing I don't do is abuse people unlike some replies to me.
Worth noting that I also get likes for my posts so some people have the same opinion.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:40 pm Inane or not, matter of opinion.
And everyone is entitled to post their opinion providing they do so within the rules of the site.
Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:40 pm One thing I don't do is abuse people....
You may believe that to be the case, but others may disagree.

Your continual sailing close to the wind posting style, based upon the amount of negativity expressed towards you, suggests you may be abusing others.

Make your point without winding others up ............