Issa Diop

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Re: Issa Diop

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Someone kindly reminded me how difficult it is to bring players in. Why get rid of a player that fits the criteria of a position currently required.

Put an arm round the bloke and tell him we need him.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:58 pm Someone kindly reminded me how difficult it is to bring players in. Why get rid of a player that fits the criteria of a position currently required.

Doesn't fit the criteria of a reliable defender that makes himself available for matches.

Past the point of no return for me.
If there is something going on in his personal life I wish him well.
But for Moyes to say he didn't make himself available suggests his is deciding he doesn't fancy it.

Make him put in a transfer request so he doesn't get any bonuses.
Fine him maximum allowed.
Move him on.
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

It's a weird one - in the 'Behind the scenes' vid of Cornets arrival - Diop was the one who was the warmest,
..showing him around ... and at one point they stop and have a joke at the huge photo of Issa on the wall....

My take is that Moyes was gonna let him go, a move was lined up, we put it on hold whilst we are waiting to get someone else in, and now we are having an injury crisis - he is being asked to play.

If he gets injured then he loses out on the move - he will find himself last in the pecking order once he returns.

That's why you get the player you want in first and then deal with outgoings.

He is a professional and should play - but what does 'he didn't put himself forwards mean?

Does Moyes go in every Monday and ask who fancies playing that week?

Order him to play - and if he refuses then suspend and fine him. ...

Must be odd when players leave and their images are taken down from the walls. Probably be a Black Sabbath poster on there once he is gone.
Ribbot
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ribbot »

It looks like he is throwing a strop. Probably something to do with not sanctioning his move.

He has to go.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

It’s all for football reasons, he just wants to play regularly.
Can’t blame him.
Probably scared to death of being kept and never playing
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Sticky wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:09 pm Does Moyes go in every Monday and ask who fancies playing that week?
I'd imagine it was an adult conversation between Moyes and Diop around his headspace to play. Any uncertainty and Moyes is right to leave him out and play someone who wants to play.

I am not even sure its as dramatic as a refusal...I'm sure he'd have played if ordered. But what's the point if the manager knows his head totally isnt in it? You can get a player not quite giving it 100% or Johnson giving it 100%
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Not in the photo, but Diop is out at the O2 with Said this evening

Last edited by roblo on Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

...but we shouldn't be in that position bro? Oggie not being back isn't bad luck, it's to be expected and even when he is we won't know if he will come back the same.

Why agree the move without a replacement?

Edit: Benrahma and Diop are good mates. I wonder if that's the reason why there are rumours surrounding the pair of them? Maybe Moyes wants their influence gone?
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Sticky wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:38 pm ...but we shouldn't be in that position bro? Oggie not being back isn't bad luck, it's to be expected and even when he is we won't know if he will come back the same.

Why agree the move without a replacement?
If the management thought they could get Oggy back to full fitness they wouldn't have re-signed him...and knowing the man he is i doubt he would have signed an extension if he didnt think he could get back to fitness either. 'We' the fans wont know...but we won't will we and shouldn’t be expected to.

Aguerd...well that was unlucky
Dawsons knock last week... a bit unlucky but if just a knock he'll be back quick enough.

This is also ignoring the fact that Johnson did well today.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Sticky wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:09 pm It's a weird one - in the 'Behind the scenes' vid of Cornets arrival - Diop was the one who was the warmest,
..showing him around ... and at one point they stop and have a joke at the huge photo of Issa on the wall....

Must be odd when players leave and their images are taken down from the walls. Probably be a Black Sabbath poster on there once he is gone.
Underneath Diop's poster is probably Arnie's old poster. And underneath that is probably another Arnie poster.
cadiz_hammer
Has liked: 1156 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by cadiz_hammer »

On the transfer thread someone posted a tweet from a Fulham ITK saying Diop's move to Fulham is all sorted inc. medical and we just won't let him go til we've got his replacement signed.

I wonder whether Diop's cryptic one-word 'Done' tweet from a week or so ago referred to finalising the Fulham medical and terms?
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

It’s quite clear he’s done with West Ham and we’re happy for him to go (replacement dependent).

If you’re told/know you’re 5th choice you’re not going to be bothered if the manager asks for a favour.

Best of luck wherever he ends up, I’m not going to slag him off for not being there today.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

The situation we find ourselves in with Diop is a mess. I personally blame the club/Moyes on this one. The player has been told he can leave. Diop featured in a couple pre season games.

Dawson hasn't played many games. Aguerd injured early. Ogbonna not ready for another 5 weeks and that's not even guaranteed.

Could more have been done to keep him and make him feel wanted?

Collins in and Diop out would have been like for like financially.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Diop isn't the best defender and I wouldn't be sad to see him leave but while he is contracted to West Ham then he should be ready and able to play every game unless injured.
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

So if Diop is refusing to play and it looks like moyes as accepted that not seen anywhere where he's been fined . If that's the case sell him because he ain't playing anyway whether we get in a player or not .
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:58 pm Someone kindly reminded me how difficult it is to bring players in. Why get rid of a player that fits the criteria of a position currently required.

Probably the cost of having the wage of 5 centre backs on the books will prevent other future signings.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

diop refusing to play means no future at the club. fulham will bid again but lower than we want. we cant let this cause a bad atmosphere at the club. I would have kept him but there is no way back. get the hungarian in and sell diop. fine him two weeks wages for refusing to play and donate that to the foodbanks charity in Newham.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Paper now quoting the price as £15M in terms of departure for Fulham, imminently expected.
*dicanio*
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by *dicanio* »

prophet:marginal wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:02 pm Paper now quoting the price as £15M in terms of departure for Fulham, imminently expected.
Quoted as such in the Athletic too, deal done, and Coady to Everton on loan, so he aint the replacement, then who is?
SA_Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by SA_Hammer »

Just been confirmed on Talksport....£15m