Jesse Lingard

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

goa127
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Re: Jesse Lingard

Post by goa127 »

Lingard's woeful form since joining Forest doesn't really prove anything other than it was a bad move. We'll never know if joining us would have been a good or bad thing, I only know (well I THINK) that Moyes saw him as a part of his plan and it completely threw his transfer strategy out of the window when he reneged on his deal.
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by Kermit »

goa127 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:22 pm Lingard's woeful form since joining Forest doesn't really prove anything other than it was a bad move. We'll never know if joining us would have been a good or bad thing, I only know (well I THINK) that Moyes saw him as a part of his plan and it completely threw his transfer strategy out of the window when he reneged on his deal.
I watched a bit of tonight's game and I agree Lingard was woeful. But in fairness Forest are so awful even Lionel Messi would look poor in that apology of a football team. Let's be honest if Serge Aurier comes on and immediately looks like their best player it should tell us something.

But £200k a week ? Who's the mug ? Him or Forest.
jastons
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 851 likes

Post by jastons »

He will score against us this season.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1159 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

https://forestforum.co.uk/index.php?thr ... 35/page-68

This makes for some wonderful reading, the most beautiful part of it all is they actually fully convinced themselves he wanted their "project" and not the money, sobering reality for many in the East Midlands this morning

I should've known that lot were weirdo's when I saw their equivalent of "General Discussion" was called "Forest Banter" :oops:
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Good luck to him. He’ll have a season of making an absolute fortune at Forest no matter what happens to them this season. It’s no different to most of us being tempted by more money to leave our current jobs.

It’s sad from his perspective he didn’t want to play at a higher level and he appears to have gone off the boil with his performances. But he made his choice and it certainly looks a blessing he did turn us down. The fact we only scored 2 less league goals last season shows we didn’t miss him as much as some would have liked to believe.

He did a great job for us while he was here and played his part in helping us clinch a top 6 spot. But it’s all in the past now.

I wish Jesse well. But it’s time for us now to move on.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Post by S-H »

Forest Forum..
Lingard was upposed to be the spark to drive us to a mid table finish
Can’t say we weren’t warned about Lingard. Thank God he’s only here for a year.
The footballing equivalent of mouldy anal discharge.

f*** off.
Lingard is ****.
Can't we just release him?
I get the impression Lingard is a turd sprinkled with glitter.

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

What ? That harbinger of poor form and the probability of Steve Coopers's sacking ? Last night, his two contributions of and note, where a pathetic attempt to clear the ball, which lead to Leicster's opening goal and a lame blocked shot
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Lingard looked shot to pieces last night. Footballer making a decision on the £ instead of maybe what is best for his playing career, in fairness to him not sure he thought they would be as bad as they are!

Forest are one big pile of doo doo at the moment.
Pete647580
Has liked: 1214 likes
Total likes: 584 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Very much looking forward to the reaction on here when Moyes brings him back in the summer.......
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

goa127 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:22 pm Lingard's woeful form since joining Forest doesn't really prove anything other than it was a bad move.
Was it a bad move for Jesse? 200k a week and an entire flash mob of news players in which to hide his lack of form, desire, energy etc. He is cruising!!

Signing for Forrest condemned him to a bottom half table season at best and a probable relegation fight. The only reason to accept such a fate is lack of ambition and cold hard cash.

It isn’t actually Lingards fault for taking the deal at Forest - his choice. Do I think a wonderfully talented player wasting half his career is tragic - absolutely! However, the big losers are Forest and it’s all their fault for thinking they can buy a top prem player without there being a crucial catch…..he can’t be arsed.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Makes me even more cross that we lost to them somehow. should have been 5-1 but we lost !

lingard is not half the player he was with us but his good spell was a long time ago now and you cant just turn it on. the ship has sailed and I hope that we dont get him next summer . a 31 year old washed up player is not what we want. the USA or china beckons for the fading star !
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

If the "star" player doesn't perform then he gets it from all directions.
The players resentment kicks in because of the colossal wages.
The fans resentment kicks in because of the colossal wages and his complete uselessness to the team
And of course the media will have their say on what he should have done.

At this moment in time the vanity project that the Greek owner is responsible for, isnt working

I'd say it's a case of Forest Numpties
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1036 likes

Post by stu1 »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 am Good luck to him. He’ll have a season of making an absolute fortune at Forest no matter what happens to them this season. It’s no different to most of us being tempted by more money to leave our current jobs.
It’s starting to look like a short sighted move even from a financial perspective now.

If he ends the season out of contract after doing nothing in a poor Forrest team, what sort of contract will he be able to demand from his next team?

Ironically could quite conceivably earn less over the remainder of his career due to prioritising money.
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

Somebody resembling Jesse has just been spotted in Nottingham setting up a market stall
Some very dodgy looking clothing with a silly logo are being offered with discounts of 80%
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

HammerPDC wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:13 am

I should've known that lot were weirdo's when I saw their equivalent of "General Discussion" was called "Forest Banter" :oops:
What's weird about that?
Forest fans I know and met are generally among the most grounded and sensible around.
What happened to WLP by the way?
Good poster
Liam
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Liam »

ironilunga wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:24 am Was it a bad move for Jesse? 200k a week and an entire flash mob of news players in which to hide his lack of form, desire, energy etc. He is cruising!!

surely its been terrible for him. The deal he's going to get at the end of this season is going to be a fraction of what people were offering!
Westaam
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Westaam »

For a well above average manager, Moyes can be a complete dope. Retaining Cresswell after he conclusively proved himself not up to the task of moving the team on, and then mystifiedly talking about how come there was a stale vibe about the place = muppet of the highest order.

The tone the manager sets, the vibe, they are infectious. People like Rice would deny it to the heavens, but the impact on morale and focus seeing Cresswell still a first pick has been undeniable.

Lingard is not the same kettle of fish as Cresswell, but it's been pretty appalling seeing Moyes waste transfer window after transfer window on him. It's unavoidable to conclude that there is some deep-rooted psychological reason for chasing the Man U totem for so long.

He was amazing in the first half of his loan here, but he was pretty ineffective in the second half, and there's a strong sense that it was a unique purple patch. He was highly motivated, there was a honeymoon factor, and he has never scored at that rate before.

On top of all that, quite frankly he's a bit of a prick. He's a distraction, he's all about the money and the bling and the nonsense, he's anything but a committed, dedicated pro.

Which means that putting all your eggs and dosh in a transfer window basket of chasing him, is the move of a manager begging for a P45.

I despair of Moyes. Apart from two or three things, he is a dream manager, a manager who will reliably keep us clear of relegation each year. I have been a West Ham fan for too long for that not to be my bottom line. Not only will he keep us clear, he'll outperform the baseline by a big margin.

Until and unless we pick up Elon Musk, Poch, and start making the top four our basic expectation, I'm not sure it gets better than Moyes, or that getting rid of him would be anything other than the beginning of an unpleasant stressful chapter.

But those two or three things are infuriating, and obvious, and they needlessly bring us down. The inflexibility, the conservatism, the negativity, the in-match tactical sluggishness, and in the transfer market the pathological waste of time every window chasing the now aging Jesse Lingard out of some internal subconscious desire to revisit the Moyes who walked into Old Trafford on his first day with an unblemished record.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

stu1 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:54 am It’s starting to look like a short sighted move even from a financial perspective now.

If he ends the season out of contract after doing nothing in a poor Forrest team, what sort of contract will he be able to demand from his next team?

Ironically could quite conceivably earn less over the remainder of his career due to prioritising money.
I mentioned this in the Summer that this would be the product of what would happen and although in the very short term he'd gain, in the long run he'd actually be less off than had he say committed to us on guaranteed longer term money on very good money. Predictably though, he got greedy and chose the cheap and fast option. Oh well, you reap what you sow greedy boy. :cashman:

And what a shame, cos had he had his head screwed on, he'd be in real contention for the World Cup and even more lucrative deals...

My only surprise is a fair few fans fell for it, as it looked obvious as to what was developing, even showing signs of it way back in the Summer previous.
Last edited by Colours never run on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Post by S-H »

Wrexham is a bloody good shout to be fair.
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Colours never run wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:28 am I mentioned this in the Summer that this would be the product of what would happen and although in the very short term he'd gain, in the long run he'd actually be less off than had he say committed to us on guaranteed longer term money on very good money. Predictably though, he got greedy and chose the cheap and fast option. Oh well, you reap what you sow greedy boy. :cashman:

And what a shame, cos had he had his head screwed on, he'd be in real contention for the World Cup and even more lucrative deals...

My only surprise is a fair few fans fell for it, as it looked obvious as to what was developing, even showing signs of it way back in the Summer previous.
Lingard will still get a decent three year pay day in the USA. He and his agents aren't that stupid.