Jesse Lingard

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Re: Jesse Lingard

Post by norse »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:33 am Even the most hapless and hopeless relegated teams, normally accrue about 5 wins in a season
True, they'll have to do a Derby
Relegated 07-08 with 11 points, 1 win, 8 draws.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Why do Forest's fans sing 'Mull of Kintyre, ? Is it because that was Top of the pops when they last won the Premier League title. I can'not think of any other connection
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by PF. »

norse wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:30 am Can see Forest going the rest of the season without a win. The one they got was obviously West Ham
We said as much as we walked out of the City Ground. Sure they've signed a ton of players but they are tactically inept - far too open.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

He made his choice, personally I wanted him here, but it is what it is.... time to move on
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 222 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:46 am Why do Forest's fans sing 'Mull of Kintyre, ? Is it because that was Top of the pops when they last won the Premier League title. I can'not think of any other connection
Reputedly, they adopted it that season (it was released just prior). But the current fan lyrics must have been revised more recently as they reminisce about Cloughie's team. According to this article it was revived in the League One promotion season 07-08 and has been kept since:
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... re-2410393
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Do people have "second teams" anymore?

Anyway always had a soft spot for Forrest, loved that mad b*stard Clough, always a good footballing side and well supported... loved that side that had psycho in it
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Ozza wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:51 pm Do people have "second teams" anymore?

Anyway always had a soft spot for Forrest, loved that mad b*stard Clough, always a good footballing side and well supported... loved that side that had psycho in it
I was really pleased that they got promoted, but the way the owners have gone about their business since plus the whole Lingard saga has left a sour taste in the mouth. Hope they go back down now, plus their manager looks like a right 'check his hard drive'.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Ozza wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:05 pm He made his choice, personally I wanted him here, but it is what it is.... time to move on
Nope, never. It gives me great schandenfreudic glee to watch the twerp's miserable plight in a Forest shirt. Almost like having a 'second team'. :grin:

I just hope we can start winning now to give me the right to chuckle.
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

Not sure what's going on at Forest, but the Lingard deal is now looking more and more Iike a moment of madness on whoever sanctioned the deal.
To sign a Man Utd reserve for 200k a week is ludicrous.
Yes there was outrage amongst some of our fans that he chose Forest over us, but I wasn't bothered when it happened and I'm even more thankful now that he chose the Forest money instead of the West Ham "project " which as we all know to elevate ourselves to regular top 6 challengers.

It's only a matter of weeks before Lingard starts to feel the heat from the Forest fans.

A dip in the Trent might liven him up a bit
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

I wanted Lingard here, and was very disappointed when we didn't sign him. So long may his demise and this thread continue.
I also wanted Forest promoted, but after the Lingard saga I now want to see them relegated. This is the fickle way football should always be followed. Also I used to work with a Forest fan and he was a bit of a nob, so there is that.

I do wonder what happens next to Forest. They have spent a lot of money and I hope for their sake that there is some sort of relegation contingency plan. Otherwise they could be in a lot of trouble financially.
Last edited by Coops on Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

No way do they stay up you can’t sign 15 complete strangers all from different countries and leagues and expect them to gel and function as a team in the toughest league in the world. No idea why some on here thought they would stay up with such a ridiculous transfer policy🤔
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Coops wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:08 pm I wanted Lingard here, and was very disappointed when we didn't sign him. So long may his demise and this thread continue.
I also wanted Forrest promoted, but after the Lingard saga I now wont to see them relegated. This is the fickle way football should always be followed. Also I used to work with a Forrest fan and he was a bit of a nob, so there is that.

I do wonder what happens next to Forrest. They have spent a lot of money and I hope for their sake that there is some sort of relegation contingency plan. Otherwise they could be in a lot of trouble financially.
To be fair it's down to Lingard that he went there, Forrest asked, he could have refused.

Still hope they go down now though, :grin:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

listened to the game via the radio/interweb

commentators were very surprised they went with a back 4 for the first time in while.

Danny Murphy was apoplectic about their defending from the get go. I think a Leicester player missed a sitter early doors and he was "why haven't they solved the problem of not marking players ? surely that's something the manager can sort out on the training ground." and as the game progressed he was gobsmacked that the same problems kept occurring and that they were never fixed.

from the reports they could have conceded at least 6.

and how little Lingard affected the game. that his contributions were about nothing. even allowing for a disjointed team (I use the term loosely) performance he should have looked brighter and impactful as well.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

One move not working does not dictate another wouldn't. So far, too, I hasten to add, as we step into October and a player is completely written off.

We have absolutely missed the verve, pace and threat that he offers.
The_Dead_Ball
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by The_Dead_Ball »

In any other business when they loads of work being it a backlog or there is a requirement for someone with a special skill for a quick term fix they hire a contractor. Short term, high wages. That's Lingard. Once Forest is dead and buried by mid March he be going missing, looking for his next gig.
Shabu
Has liked: 4191 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

I reckon they'll get a new manager sometime this month and things will look up for Forest in chapter 2 of this year's premier league.

No idea if they'll stay up but they'll start playing better.

Not sure about JLingz though...
GetUrWangOut
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by GetUrWangOut »

Tbh I wasn’t that bothered when we didn’t get him. Great here for most of his time on loan but that was definitely his career purple patch and his output before and after has been nowhere near that level.

Don’t get me wrong, if he were to come with a sensible sign on and say £80k a week wages I’d have been all for it but given how the first quarter of the seasons panned out for him it does look like we dodged a bullet.
GetUrWangOut
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by GetUrWangOut »

And on Forest, I too was pleased they came up but the stupid way they’ve conducted themselves since has put me right off. Buying in 22 or whatever it was players is just stupid and disrespectful to those that got you into the league in the first place.
Merv
Has liked: 88 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Merv »

He’ll be a lot cheaper now for his next employer.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Reminds me of Ravel Morrison. Mercurial but nowhere near consistent enough.