Sinden Light Gun

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Re: Sinden Light Gun

Post by Up the Junction »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:52 pmOnly issue now is finding the correct cores for arcade roms, which can be highly infuriating.
MAME has ALWAYS been a PITA...
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

There’s something like 12 different MAME cores, not including manufacturer-specific ones like the capcom ones. Makes consistent game mappings a royal PITA, especially when you can’t find a single compliant romset for something. Bothers me that after all these years, I still can’t play APB properly.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

I have got one of these -

https://arcademania.co.uk/category/arca ... a-machine/

The thought of being able to potentially add a light gun to it makes me excited but i have literally 0 clue of what you guys are talking about, but is it possible to do with the set up that i have currently??
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

I'm guessing it plays much like the wii controller in a gun housing like I used to use for House of the Dead and Call of Duty.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I8CHAVS wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:57 am I have got one of these -

https://arcademania.co.uk/category/arca ... a-machine/

The thought of being able to potentially add a light gun to it makes me excited but i have literally 0 clue of what you guys are talking about, but is it possible to do with the set up that i have currently??
Interesting. The Sinden light gun needs to run on a windows OS to load the driver, so if that arcade cab thing runs on Win10, you’re laughing. If not, I don’t think it’ll work, but you contact Sinden, they should be able to advise.

The driver effectively turns the light gun into a mouse, that’s how it interacts with games running under emulators.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:58 pm https://www.libertygames.co.uk/store/vi ... owQAvD_BwE

Found this already made
With “Sinden light gun rifles”??? I’ve never heard of them before, that sounds like the absolute business!