America - Guns & Mass Shootings

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Re: The Latest Mass Shooting In America

Post by Shabu »

The bloke who did the Walmart shooting has been named as Andre Bing, 31, who'd been with them for 12 years.

Apparently was so paranoid of the government he put tape over the camera on his phone.
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I guess there was a "mass shooting" execution in Oklahoma last week. Missed that one altogether.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

WCpete wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:27 pm https://www.axios.com/2022/11/23/colora ... orneys-say

Colorado shooter’s attorneys are saying he identifies as non-binary, which is likely an extremely cynical attempt to mitigate the hate crime charges. So instead of 20 life sentences he’ll get 15. **** off.
Reticent to post this because it’s very I obvious that this man is not well. Still, it is relevant. This has nothing to do with affiliation. This has to do with mental health and who is allowed to purchase weapons.

Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 460 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

WCpete wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:54 pm Reticent to post this because it’s very I obvious that this man is not well. Still, it is relevant. This has nothing to do with affiliation. This has to do with mental health and who is allowed to purchase weapons.

Christ almighty. I agree 100% Pete.

OK, the son is an individual (albeit a very sick, twisted one) but for God's sake - basic background checks would surely put up red flags?

Sorry mate - there comes a point when your country has to acknowledge that you reap what you sow. Until then, the shooting carnival will go on and on.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Mass shootings seem to mainly be in supermarkets, schools, churches and workplaces.

My workplace is a supermarket next to a mega church and 4 schools.

I don't recall any happening in breweries.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:00 pm Christ almighty. I agree 100% Pete.

OK, the son is an individual (albeit a very sick, twisted one) but for God's sake - basic background checks would surely put up red flags?

Sorry mate - there comes a point when your country has to acknowledge that you reap what you sow. Until then, the shooting carnival will go on and on.
We are reaping what a minority is sowing. The majority of the population minimally would like strict regulations, but that’s not how it works here. I don’t acknowledge that we deserve this. I do acknowledge that money is more important than people here.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Then there’s this person who displays a completely different kind of mental health issue.

Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

You give everyone a voice....... some cretin's gonna talk shyte.
Social media outlets like FB/ Instagram/Twitter/whatever, just mean idiots can spout drivel without hearing everyone laugh at them. I'm not sure either that it's that healthy to watch them and take pleasure in pointing out their stupidity.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Tenbury wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:56 am You give everyone a voice....... some cretin's gonna talk shyte.
Social media outlets like FB/ Instagram/Twitter/whatever, just mean idiots can spout drivel without hearing everyone laugh at them. I'm not sure either that it's that healthy to watch them and take pleasure in pointing out their stupidity.
Yes, that's fair. For the record I don't take any pleasure in watching them and pointing out their stupidity. I posted them because they represent attitudes shared by a lot of people here. Nevertheless, I hear you and I will tone it down.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Shabu wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:43 pm Apparently was so paranoid of the government he put tape over the camera on his phone.
Something he picked up from our own Pinks maybe? :chin:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:14 am Then there’s this person who displays a completely different kind of mental health issue.

So if non Christians are going to Christian hell does that mean Christians are going to Hindu hell, or some other religion they don't follow?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

The father of the July 4th mass shooter, who allegedly killed 7 people at a parade while dressed as a woman so he could make a quick getaway, has been charged with reckless endangerment.

Not sure what that charge means but it's good that they're going after parents who enable these shootings. The kid had issues, threatened to kill himself & others then after that his dad co signed so he could buy the weapons he eventually went of a rampage with.

If you know your child has problems, keep them the f*ck away from guns. Don't buy them more in the hope of bonding.

That's three cases in the last year where the parents did this. Sandy Hook was another.

Do you think giving these young men a gun is a good idea?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspects-dad- ... d=95443758
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Not a mass shooting, but a school shooting with a very sad and bizarre twist.

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

I hope they charge the parents.

Keep charging the parents of child shooters.

Hold them ALL responsible.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

How is a 6 year old bringing a gun to school? And how does he even know how to use it?

Actually, scratch that. I knew how to when I was 6. My Dad had a 22, a small gun, but I used to shoot it with him on weekends and found it once in his bed room, loaded it and shot it out the window at a tree in the yard.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:56 pm How is a 6 year old bringing a gun to school? And how does he even know how to use it?

Actually, scratch that. I knew how to when I was 6. My Dad had a 22, a small gun, but I used to shoot it with him on weekends and found it once in his bed room, loaded it and shot it out the window at a tree in the yard.
They're still wondering who killed Mrs Jenkins
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Was she related to Leroy?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

WCpete wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:56 pm How is a 6 year old bringing a gun to school? And how does he even know how to use it?

Were you standing on a grassy knoll by any chance
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 460 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

When a sensible American poster admits that, you kind of know that Americans deserve everything they get.

A six year old firing a gun? Whether at at tree or a teacher, what a f*cked up country.