America - Guns & Mass Shootings

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Re: The Latest Mass Shooting In America

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

A shoot up in a hospital? Had no one thought to arm the patients?
Daniel1895
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Daniel1895 »

...or the nurses ?
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

simonpaulthomas wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:00 am Can the rest of us put our differences aside and just collectively nuke America? Asking for a mate.
Nuke America to stop them shooting each other?
Shabu
Has liked: 4191 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

Billydinho wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:10 am Nuke America to stop them shooting each other?
Or maybe to stop us calling our National sports team champions World Champions.
Plashet Grove Pete

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:00 am Fox News have now had 50 different suggestions on stopping school shootings over the last 36 hours. Still haven't reached "less guns" yet sadly.

51. Redefine "mass shootings" as only counting when say 10 or more are killed. That way there would be fewer mass shootings, the leftie press wouldn't have so many to report on, and people could keep their assault rifles without people getting so annoyed at unnecessary deaths.

It's no more stupid than the handwringing do nothing approach that exists now.
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Once again their right to bear arms saved everyone.

Oh no, in fact the bloke shooting everyone, shot himself.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:04 am A shoot up in a hospital? Had no one thought to arm the patients?
Perhaps some of the patients were armless.
Hospitals eh!
How about some shooters killing women going for an abortion and then other shooters killing them for killing an unborn child.
Got to keep refreshing this, school shootings are soooooo passe
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Just a thought here - I wonder if a blanket ban on the reporting of these mass shootings would help slow them down , maybe prevent copycat killings ?
Daniel1895
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Daniel1895 »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:17 am 51. Redefine "mass shootings" as only counting when say 10 or more are killed. That way there would be fewer mass shootings, the leftie press wouldn't have so many to report on, and people could keep their assault rifles without people getting so annoyed at unnecessary deaths.

It's no more stupid than the handwringing do nothing approach that exists now.
"Put your phone down" is a fantastic approach as well !
WCpete
Has liked: 1497 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

WCpete wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:25 am My daughter graduated from her middle school today and I don't mind telling you that my head was on a swivel during the ceremony. Meanwhile, a friend of hers at another school just had his graduation canceled because the school either discovered a threat to attack the attendees at the ceremony or were directly threatened with attack.
Just finding out about another foiled plot in my neck of the woods. Good friends of ours have their 2 kids in this school.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/us/calif ... index.html
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

5 people shot at a funeral in Racine Illinois. The people shot were family members of a man who was shot dead by the police 11 days ago.

And so forth and so on. Another day in paradise.
Plashet Grove Pete

There have now been twenty mass shootings in the USA since the Ulvade school massacre. That's not just madness, it's insane.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped. Perhaps they'll wipe themselves out before long.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:48 am There have now been twenty mass shootings in the USA since the Ulvade school massacre. That's not just madness, it's insane.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped. Perhaps they'll wipe themselves out before long.
We need the guns in case raccoons or bunnies come near us. They're for protection...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 62119/amp/
Plashet Grove Pete

The mentality of these people. The lives of your kids, or the ability to use assault weapons to kill raccoons - so take your pick America - which do you want?

We, the people, for the people choose - SHOOTING!

Hospitals, schools, raccoons - it's all the same to the land of free. Why put one bullet in the skull when you can fire off fifty?
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Interesting series of videos. Sitting member of Congress saying that "Christian Nationalism" is a good thing in the first video. Says, "Christian Nationalism" will end school shootings in the next. And so on.

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:26 am Interesting series of videos. Sitting member of Congress saying that "Christian Nationalism" is a good thing in the first video. Says, "Christian Nationalism" will end school shootings in the next. And so on.

Sorry if this offends anyone but white, christian Americans are the biggest threat to America these days.

And let's be honest, they're about as christian as I am a giraffe.

They don't even know what they believe in. Is it the old testament? The new one? Somewhere in between? Or what fox 'news' & murdoch media tells them is 'christian'?

If America needs to get behind a religion it needs a big dose of Buddhism & some mindfulness. Live in the moment, don't worry too much about the past & stop being a c*nt :grin:

p.s. this christian woman in the video is the one that cheats on her husband with blokes at the gym, isn't she?
Last edited by -DL- on Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary quoting of tweet
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

WCpete wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:35 pm I'm not trying to play the blue vs red card. This isn't an anti Trump nor pro Biden issue. And even if it were, if you went back and scoured the old Trump thread you'd find that I wanted neither to be President. Nor will you find me on the Biden thread waving my pom-poms as a Biden booster. By and large, I am not a fan. However, Biden being incapable of swaying the tide of sentiment on gun control, while as Senator, Vice President or President is a red herring of an argument. It misconstrues how decisions are made in Washington. I pointed at the GOP at this exact point in time, because it is the GOP in the Senate who are prevaricating on the issue through refusing to discuss abolishing the filibuster. As it stands the GOP hold the majority of seats in the Senate. Even though there are more Republican Senators, they represent a minority of the population. And it is a minority of that minority within those states who are holding the will of the overwhelming majority of the nation's population hostage. Whomever holds power in the Senate controls the country.

As a matter of fact, when gun control measures were introduced during Clinton's Presidency, due to the way the electoral map was drawn then, it was Republicans who were in favor of stricter background checks and Dems who were against them. The Democrats had control of the Senate, and the same gun owners and gun lobbies controlled the narrative just as they do now. This is a systemic issue. In the same way that in 2 of the last 3 presidential elections the winner was decided by which candidate had more electoral college votes rather than popular votes, the decision making on gun law reform is controlled by a minority of the electorate, and they do not want to give up power.
Plus they’ve got a right wing, originalist Supreme Court behind them. :thup:
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Shabu wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:01 am Sorry if this offends anyone but white, christian Americans are the biggest threat to America these days.
💯 :thup:
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Shabu wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:01 am I am a giraffe.
Sticking your neck out with that one Shabu.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Another 'solution' that doesn't involve limiting access to guns

Taser maker offers electric-shock drones to stop school shootings

Rick Smith, founder and CEO of body camera and Taser maker Axon, believes he has a way to reduce the risk of school children being shot by people with guns.
No, it doesn't involve reducing access to guns, which Smith dismisses as politically unworkable in the US. Nor does it involve relocating to any of the many countries where school shootings seldom, if ever, occur and – coincidentally – where there are laws that limit access to guns.

Here's a hint – his answer involves Axon.

Smith's proposal involves mounting his company's occasionally lethal Taser [PDF] on drones, based on the premise that remotely operated electric shock drones will do what Uvalde police did not – intervene to stop a gunman (and it's almost always men) from murdering minors with assault rifles and the like.

As ever with The Register the comments are well worth reading.