America - Guns & Mass Shootings

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Re: America - Guns & Mass Shootings

Post by WCpete »

Wouldn't surprise me if Alabama and Mississippi were top or near top in poverty levels as well.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:32 pm Wouldn't surprise me if Alabama and Mississippi were top or near top in poverty levels as well.
:grin:

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

You asked for it & now it's a reality.

A school in Alabama has installed $60,000 bullet proof saferooms in its classrooms because that's the ONLY WAY that school mass shootings can be stopped. There's literally no other solution.

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

A 17 year old kid at a school in Denver was being searched by two teachers when he pulled out a gun & shot them. Luckily neither one is dead but it will increase the calls for American teachers to be allowed to carry guns at school.

More US teachers get shot by students than UK police do by criminals.

https://www.denver7.com/news/local-news ... igh-school
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 581 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Think your statistic may be skewed by the fact that, as the old saying goes, everything is bigger in America (including the population).

However, it's shocking to see school employees having to 'pat down' students. Agree gun proliferation is not the answer, nor is forcing school employees to conduct searches.

As an aside, the Uni I teach in hired rooms from Sheffield Utd's Enterprise Centre, and on the afternoon a match was to take place (West Ham as it happens) we were prepared to have sniffer dogs going round every classroom and office. This was a routine operation related to terrorist and drug surveillance. (them little Spaniels were cute and took only a minute do the sniffy thing)
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

vietnammer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:37 am Think your statistic may be skewed by the fact that, as the old saying goes, everything is bigger in America (including the population).

However, it's shocking to see school employees having to 'pat down' students. Agree gun proliferation is not the answer, nor is forcing school employees to conduct searches.

As an aside, the Uni I teach in hired rooms from Sheffield Utd's Enterprise Centre, and on the afternoon a match was to take place (West Ham as it happens) we were prepared to have sniffer dogs going round every classroom and office. This was a routine operation related to terrorist and drug surveillance. (them little Spaniels were cute and took only a minute do the sniffy thing)
Let's be honest, ONE teacher shot by a student is one too many. Especially a 5 year old.

On the subject of sniffer dogs, when I was working on a cruise ship spending the summer going from Vancouver up to Alaska we had the Canadian Drug Squad come on to search our cabins. They brought these lovely Alsatians with them. I noticed they were speaking French to the dogs & they explained that they were trained in Quebec so the Police in Vancouver had to take French lessons to be able to communicate with their dogs :lol:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Going off-T, but on my one visit to Canada (Vancouver Island) was surprised that everything had to be in French as well as English (maybe indigenous languages by now). In Beijing, I went with a Churchy friend to the Canadian Embassy to find out about services, and the soldier at the gate spoke English with a French accent, I expected an American accent. Vive la Quebec! (even the Alsatians!)
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 438 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

vietnammer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:05 am Going off-T, but on my one visit to Canada (Vancouver Island) was surprised that everything had to be in French as well as English (maybe indigenous languages by now). In Beijing, I went with a Churchy friend to the Canadian Embassy to find out about services, and the soldier at the gate spoke English with a French accent, I expected an American accent. Vive la Quebec! (even the Alsatians!)
Canada is officially a bilingual country so every is in English in French.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Shabu wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:40 am

On the subject of sniffer dogs, when I was working on a cruise ship spending the summer going from Vancouver up to Alaska we had the Canadian Drug Squad come on to search our cabins.

I've been following your career with a keen interest . :grin:

............................................................................................................................

On a more serious note - blooming 'eck , those poor townsfolk of Rolling Rock , Mississippi - absolutely devastating . Hope they get the help they need , poor things .
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

School shooting in Nashville Tenn. 6 dead including the shooter. The shooter was a female. The madness keeps rolling on.

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Rare for a woman to do that.

These shootings normally happen in bunches so expect another couple soon
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 826 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

And this is why I’m all out of sympathy for these school shootings. This is what these stupid people CHOOSE.

How can you let your kids die in school, over and over and over again and still do nothing.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

A country that deems that normal, let alone acceptable, is monumentally screwed.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Who armed the Brady Bunch?
delbert
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Nice to see the family demonstrating safe trigger discipline, not often you see that these days..........
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

A very Christian picture that.

They have some warped minds if think that looks good.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

DublinDave
Has liked: 2722 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

WCpete wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:27 pm
Not a word from her in that for the families, just plugging her warped agenda...
Deep breath...
Breath...

I was going to say some very bad stuff about that "thing" but have decided not to.

I believe you all know what I think should be done to that woman & where she should end up.

If her God is anything like what my God is, I very much doubt we'll end up in the same place when our time comes...
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Shabu wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:10 pm Rare for a woman to do that.

These shootings normally happen in bunches so expect another couple soon
But not a biological male……..how utterly ridiculous things have become.