America - Guns & Mass Shootings

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1605 likes

Re: The Latest Mass Shooting In America

Post by alf git »

Shabu wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:56 pm

Lastly, the kid stealing the gun from his mum is a great argument why there shouldn't be any guns in a house with kids. Especially one who so obviously had issues. Apparently she thought they could bond together over these killing machines.
You can't fix stupid.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I'll bet that somewhere in the manual that comes with a gun it says something about locking them away securely and that they should never be pointed at anyone, and will point to this whenever they're in the dock.
dodgy dave
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

Remington should of just carried on with the Fuzz Away
alf git

Post by alf git »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:09 pm I'll bet that somewhere in the manual that comes with a gun it says something about locking them away securely and that they should never be pointed at anyone, and will point to this whenever they're in the dock.
If it does say that and it's not locked away that's on the owner, surely.
Manufacturer instructions exist for a reason and it's not always to benefit the end user.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^We're on the same page. Just like sell-by dates, they're to protect the retailer and manufacturer not the customer.
alf git

Post by alf git »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:25 pm ^^^We're on the same page. Just like sell-by dates, they're to protect the retailer and manufacturer not the customer.
Yep, fair play.
I didn't read it properly :thup:
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

Shabu
Has liked: 4191 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

taust68 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:30 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... abama.html
This is crazy
College kids & their crazy antics, eh :grin:
alf git

Post by alf git »

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Been quiet lately but we just had another school shooting in Michigan today. 15 year old pupil killed at least three classmates.

His family will say he's a good kid who was bullied in 1...2...3....
WCpete
Has liked: 1497 likes
Total likes: 3202 likes

Post by WCpete »

It's been quiet on Knees Up, but mass shootings have rolled right along since the last post here on October 16th. Since then there have been 75 shootings where 4 or more people have been shot in the same incident. Heck, even in my neighborhood where crime isn't unusual, but shootings are, we've had 3 shootings in 2 weeks with 3 people killed. Good times.
Last edited by WCpete on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:46 pm It's been quite on Knees Up, but mass shootings have rolled right along since the last post here on October 16th. Since then there have been 75 shootings where 4 or more people have been shot in the same incident. Heck, even in my neighborhood where crime isn't unusual, but shootings are, we've had 3 shootings in 2 weeks with 3 people killed. Good times.
Sending thoughts & prayers, mate.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

That's kind of you and I appreciate it. I certainly wasn't involved in any of them and I'm fine and dandy. The way I usually find out is from the news helicopters hovering overhead. Like sharks who've sniffed blood in the water. It does mean I don't let the kids go down to Haight Street with their friends, but they'll live. Literally.

How's it been in LA? Have violent crime rtes gone up since lockdown?

EDIT: Apparently the suspect, a kid, has been arrested in today's shooting.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:16 pm That's kind of you and I appreciate it. I certainly wasn't involved in any of them and I'm fine and dandy. The way I usually find out is from the news helicopters hovering overhead. Like sharks who've sniffed blood in the water. It does mean I don't let the kids go down to Haight Street with their friends, but they'll live. Literally.

How's it been in LA? Have violent crime rtes gone up since lockdown?
I'm in San Diego. I try to avoid LA at all costs.

I live in an area that's considered ghetto but that's just because white Americans don't live here. I've lived in rougher places in London. And don't even get me started on North Miami. I haven't noticed any difference. Still the occasional gun going off in the street & police choppers overhead once a week.

Funnily enough about a mile down the hill is a police shooting range so you can hear them practising with some high powered guns until late in the evening.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

For some reason I thought you were in LA. San Diego. And the Pacific fleet is based there to boot so plenty of fire power in SD. There's a big difference here, but it's hard to tell how much is related to pandemic and how much is related to the policies of the 2020 elected DA. He doesn't prosecute. He releases. Criminals love him.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Bloody hell, the daily mail (I know) has obtained footage of a video of a classroom full of kids hiding while the kid with the gun is outside pretending to be the police telling them "it's safe to come out now".

It's pretty shocking stuff.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... oting.html
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Apparently the kids name is Ethan Crumbley & he was bullied for some reason.

WCpete

Post by WCpete »

This tragic is & completely ****ed up. This kid's parents were called into school to meet with the principal on the morning of the shootings because of his behavior and a note his teacher found on his desk. The kid had the handgun in his backpack during the meeting with his parents and principal. After the meeting, they just let him return to class. No one had to die.

His parents are being charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Looks like his mother knew his plans before he executed them.

His parents bought the gun for Ethan as an early bday present.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ethan-cru ... l-shooting
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Now the parents have been charged with Involuntary manslaughter which will outrage a large section of America.

Already people are saying they are charged because they're trump supporters, NOT because they let their psycho child have a gun at school.

By the way, the mum did write a blog (when trump got elected) praising him for letting people have any kind of gun & saying that she'd "rather be grabbed by the pussy than ****ed in the ass". She went on to say she's not racist as her grandfather was an Italian immigrant before going on an anti immigrant rant.

They had a house full of guns, apparently knew about their sons school shooting obsession but did nothing. Actually that's incorrect, they seem to have encouraged him.

Hopefully they both get a jail term although if a trump worshiping Republican gets in in 2024 (highly likely) I can see them overturning any conviction in the name of FREEDOM.

Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

God America is so ****ed up....