The Summer Transfer Thread 2021

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Post by pezza20 »

I can not see Kane or Haaland moving this year, no club can afford over £100m quid on a player, most clubs are almost bankrupt, Madrid and Barcelona on in a right **** state financially.

In the same way Rice might be valued at over £100m but nobody in today's market will pay it.

It is not insignificant to see that there have been no high value transfers yet of the fables £100m variety .. Sancho isn't worth £75m either but just gets a tag because he is young and English. I hope Man U get well and truly burned there ...
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by norse »

If Chelsea want Håland I think they'll have to move on him this summer, when Real Madrid etc can't go after him. There will be many more suitors and more competition next summer I think. I would not be suprised to see both Mbappe and Håland at Real Madrid next summer though (Mbappe's contract is up, but does not get much attention these days because of people like Håland).
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

pezza20 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:35 pm I can not see Kane or Haaland moving this year, no club can afford over £100m quid on a player, most clubs are almost bankrupt, Madrid and Barcelona on in a right **** state financially.
Surely payments will be over 3 or 4 years meaning the bulk of the payments will be due once we're out of this mess.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

prophet:marginal wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:31 pm Jorginho is the best in the league, already! If he ain't about, Kante is also a highly capable DM, even if he can mix it up and play a little higher up the pitch.

I highly rate our lad, but Chelsea just don't need him.
I've been saying this for months. I don't get why they would be interested unless it's to switch him back to CB. If that's the case, I don't know why Rice would be interested.

It would be a terrible move for him.

Man Utd would be perfect. They'd get a hell of a lot more out of Pogba if Rice was out there with him.
RockyMtnHammer
Has liked: 288 likes
Total likes: 398 likes

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

paulhs1 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:03 pm£25m ?
Even that seems high for me. Lingard turns 29 this year and will have no resale value.

I think ideally I'd like to see more like £15-20m, maybe raising to £22-23m after add-ons.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

pezza20 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:35 pm I can not see Kane or Haaland moving this year, no club can afford over £100m quid on a player, most clubs are almost bankrupt
Hmm - you'd have thought Man City would be (largely) insulated from the recent money issues in football, and unless Pep has something weird going on in his brain they've only got Gabriel Jesus as a striker on their books who has any kind of Premier League/top level experience. I could see them putting some kind of deal together for Kane, but it might be one which is valued at a high amount but includes some players.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Lovejoy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:05 pm McNeil valued at 25m according to some journos. That is a good deal if true, should be an alternative to Lingard. Play him wide maybe Fornals can then come inside. Brilliant player IMO
Convinced he could end up an ideal wing back
RockyMtnHammer

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

YorksHammer wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:51 pm Hmm - you'd have thought Man City would be (largely) insulated from the recent money issues in football
Chelsea, as well. Abramovich likely made out like a bandit during covid. A whole lot of oligarchs did. The upper crust took advantage of wealth redistribution during the pandemic.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 765 likes
Total likes: 3503 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Pob! wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:20 pm Here ya go ..
Despite the tweet from @WestHamViews_ (whatever that is), there's nothing on Romano's feed in the last 24 hours saying this - hence my request for the source.
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by mattyD »

Pob! wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:20 pm Here ya go ..
I thin the thing is JL is a Man Utd fan, it's his team, if they're making any kind of noise they want him to stay he'll want to stay. The risk for them is that he doesn't play much and leaves next year on a free. Maybe not much of a risk for Man U but still. The risk for Jesse is he doesn't play much.... again.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Liverpool fans having a bit of a meltdown that Adrian has been offered a new contract but Henderson hasn’t and may run his contract down.
Puncher12
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Puncher12 »

pezza20 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:35 pm I can not see Kane or Haaland moving this year, no club can afford over £100m quid on a player, most clubs are almost bankrupt, Madrid and Barcelona on in a right **** state financially.

In the same way Rice might be valued at over £100m but nobody in today's market will pay it.

It is not insignificant to see that there have been no high value transfers yet of the fables £100m variety .. Sancho isn't worth £75m either but just gets a tag because he is young and English. I hope Man U get well and truly burned there ...

Chelsea could probably raise that 100m from player sales though, a lot of deadwood in that squad like Bakayoko, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Giroud, Batshuayi, Emerson or Alonso, think they've sold Tomori aswell for about 30m alone.
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

It's hard for the lad I am sure. He's been there since childhood. Divided loyalties. Family issues. Hoping against hope he'd get a chance to fight for his place at the club he supports. What he needs is an old dad putting an arm around his shoulder and saying:

"Look son, as a human being you will always be a Man U fan. Nothing can take that away. But as a professional footballer you need to play and the best chance you have of doing that is with your mates at West Ham. Don't spend what remains of your career sat down to cheer the club you support. You have the rest of your life to do that when you retire."
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Ding wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:13 pm It's hard for the lad I am sure. He's been there since childhood. Divided loyalties. Family issues. Hoping against hope he'd get a chance to fight for his place at the club he supports. What he needs is an old dad putting an arm around his shoulder and saying:

"Look son, as a human being you will always be a Man U fan. Nothing can take that away. But as a professional footballer you need to play and the best chance you have of doing that is with your mates at West Ham. Don't spend what remains of your career sat down to cheer the club you support. You have the rest of your life to do that when you retire."
Man U are taking the piss out of him right now.

He won't be playing football at OT
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

I think clubs like PSG and Man City are the exception, FFP has been rolled over for a year so if the oil funds want to spend big now is the time to do it.
Adecoker
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Adecoker »

Jorginho is the best in the league. Based on what?
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:56 pm Despite the tweet from @WestHamViews_ (whatever that is), there's nothing on Romano's feed in the last 24 hours saying this - hence my request for the source.
I think the quote doing the rounds is from Romano’s podcast UTJ :thup:
RockyMtnHammer

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

norse wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:40 pm If Chelsea want Håland I think they'll have to move on him this summer, when Real Madrid etc can't go after him.
I think so, too. Haaland reportedly prefers Real Madrid to everybody else, so if Chelsea want him as their long term striker solution, they need to move now because in year Real will activate his clause and he can turn down moves elsewhere.

The only question that remains is whether or not Haaland would accept a move to Chelsea this year over a move to Real next year. That may also be what's holding Chelsea up, as I eluded to earlier.
Last edited by RockyMtnHammer on Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Puncher12 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:12 pm Chelsea could probably raise that 100m from player sales though, a lot of deadwood in that squad like Bakayoko, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Giroud, Batshuayi, Emerson or Alonso, think they've sold Tomori aswell for about 30m alone.
I think between them Tomori, Guehi, Moses, and Giroud must have already netted them £50m in total from their respective moves.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Adecoker wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:22 pm Jorginho is the best in the league. Based on what?
Based on

(a) the medals he won only recently
(b) his ability to bring his skillset from Italy to England (quite a different style of play), and
(c) his first-time passing, short, mid or long.

Obviously, its an opinion, but I don't think I see a better DM than him at the moment.

Do you?