West Ham Utd 0-1 Chelsea (24/04/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mickeymacavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Chelsea: match thread

Post by mickeymacavennie »

LeonRivers wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:01 pm I'm still angry about that season.

March 19th: Chelsea (a) 2-2 1st equaliser from a free kick where we weren't allowed to put our wall 10 yards from the ball. 2nd a penalty after Loftus-Cheek tripped himself over after Antonio made contact outside the box.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... v-west-ham
April 2nd: Palace (h) 2-2 Kouyate harshly sent off at 2-1
https://www.premierleague.com/video/sin ... this%20Day
April 17th: Leicester (a) 2-2 Leicester's equaliser coming from a 95th minute penalty given after Schlupp dived outside the area
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36008563

Those 6 points would have seen us 4th.
My recollection is that we were dealt FOUR red cards that season and THREE were rescinded. Noble at Anfield (0-3, didn't matter !). Kouyate v Palace (1-1, absolutely cost us after wonder Payet free-kick). And another one I can't remember. Perhaps Adrian v Saints (although I thought he should've gone ?!?!) ?

Should sue the FA Premier League for £40m...
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Bowen's stats were abysmal. Other than hanging around on the wing, which he is good at, his positional play was equally as bad. He lost 75% of possession, had one shot on goal from our nine, only had 43 touches, gave the ball away 14 times, managed only 1 dribble and was brushed off the ball by defenders with ease. I know he's playing out of position and trying his heart out but he was on a hiding to nothing and I think Yarmolenko would have been a better striker option against those bullies.
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

With the injuries to Rice ,Ogbonna and Antonio the best we can hope for is 5th or 6th.Just looking at what team we are likely to have for next season l think is more worrying.Goalkeeper who will be 36 next season...Dawson..Ogbonna , Creswell ,Noble and Antonio well into their thirties and with the current financial climate there is more chance of Rice leaving than staying at Wham as we will have to sell to buy especially when the club say Declan is not for sale..it would take a big offer for us to sell him.Am l being too pessimistic at looking at an old squad without Declan or will he stay no probs.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

billtho wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:53 pm Dawson well into [his] thirties
Christ, if 31 is well into your thirties then at 34 I must be nearly 40.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

A pro athlete that’s looked after themselves should still be at the top of their game at 31,the years will start flying by though and by 40+ bits will start dropping off and breaking...I’d love to still feel how I did at 31,now I just feel ready for the glue factory!
WestSam
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by WestSam »

YorksHammer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:00 pm Christ, if 31 is well into your thirties then at 34 I must be nearly 40.
I'm 45. A drain on the system ! I should be euthanized really.