Suggestions for getting online sales

Advertise your business or service to fellow KUMB members with this Forum.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

CMNinja
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Suggestions for getting online sales

Post by CMNinja »

My wife and I have a small gift and homeware shop. We sell a little bit online but even that is mostly for local delivery. Anyone got any ideas on how to drive online traffic? Google AdWords seems to just be a way to burn money as we'll always be outspent by bigger outfits. We have made Instagram shoppable but it's yet to make a difference. How have you improved online trade? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Re: Suggestions for getting online sales

Post by Francoisvander or else »

For a start put the details of your website in your post :D . My wife and I’m sure many other Kumb spouses love nothing better then burning through cash on homewares.
CMNinja

Post by CMNinja »

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

Social Media is your friend. Run a competition where you give a small amount of goods away as a prize - condition of entry - they have to like your business page (I presume/hope you have one), invite friends, and share it. Winner picked at random by you doing a live video and google random number generator.

It's all about exposure, and more exposure. Promote it on twitter too. You don't have to pay them, you're the one doing the pushing.

Sell certain items on FB market place (free). look at local buying/selling/community groups. Some community groups have days where they allow businesses to advertise. See if there's a local FB business directory too - making sure you link to your website. We've groups locally that have 50k members. You won't get that kind of exposure free from anywhere else.

Used right, Social Media can be a little goldmine. The Mrs buys all kinds of new **** from various places on-line, clutters up our front room with them, then makes a killing on Social media - there's money to be made from it.
CMNinja

Post by CMNinja »

Thanks, DL. I will give some of those a whirl. I always forget about things like Facebook. Must try harder!
Apologies for not responding sooner but I don't get on here as often as I'd like.
Xander
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Xander »

Content, content, content! I am not an SEO expert (I just build websites) but I work with a guy who is a content writer and all he bangs on about is having X-hundred words on a page of relevant content, monthly campaigns targeting areas - I usually zone out when he starts and say "yeh, yeh, give me the text I'll build it" but he knows his stuff. He's not overly dear, if you want a hand let me know.
Jonah
Has liked: 633 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

-DL- wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:55 pm Social Media is your friend.
This, this and this.

Have you got Instagram? (derrr of course you have after reading your post again) start following people that are following certain hashtags that relate to your business. Post, post and post on every one of those hashtags.

The Mrs has 4k followers just because of the house (*****) she posts, shes's not even running a business! If it's easy for her it should be a walk in the park.

However wanky it sounds/feels SM really is the way forward to get on the market.

GL :thup:

Edit : I should have checked your page first and seen your link to IG :thup: I'll get her to give you a follow / @ (as the kids say)
CMNinja

Post by CMNinja »

Thanks Jonah and Xander. Have gone a bit quiet on social media but am now prepping loads of post and subscribing to a scheduling programme so I can just load them up and have them autopost. Hopefully get some results.

As for content - I think I need to sit and overhaul the website at some point. I think our offering is good as our footfall sales are excellent considering our location, whereas my website management is not.
WestcliffHammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by WestcliffHammer »

Advertise your products on Tik Tok thats the best social media to use
S-H
Has liked: 5721 likes
Total likes: 9640 likes

Post by S-H »

Your shop is a 10 minute drive from us.