Czech mates

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

swisstony
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Czech mates

Post by swisstony »

Just watched this on the club site

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... ucek-share

Couple of down to Earth guys any club would be lucky to have. Love their believe in the squad. I hope we can bring in more like them before the next season kicks off.

The last 25 seconds or so made me chuckle
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Re: Czech mates

Post by Ironing Board »

swisstony wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:48 pm Just watched this on the club site

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... ucek-share

Couple of down to Earth guys any club would be lucky to have. Love their believe in the squad. I hope we can bring in more like them before the next season kicks off.

The last 25 seconds or so made me chuckle
Great answer:

Which one of you two is the Hammer of the Year?!

VC: “I think this award should be split into 30 pieces or however many players we have and every player should get one piece of this award, as should our staff and our medical team. They have worked for the whole squad, as have you, so we have to split this award. It was unbelievable.”

TC: “It’s really nice because we don’t only have individual players. We are one team, so it doesn’t matter who scores or who assists or who defends. It’s great that we have this team as I don’t like individual players who play for themselves.”
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

I never miss an excuse to post this:

I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

These two are a fantastic demonstration that you don't have to be a local boy to truly "get" this club. They are brilliant ambassadors for West Ham United and I hope that they stick around for years to come.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

I am Lawro wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 pm These two are a fantastic demonstration that you don't have to be a local boy to truly "get" this club. They are brilliant ambassadors for West Ham United and I hope that they stick around for years to come.
Good post sir.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

This makes me emotional as I am seeing two men who have given absolutley everything for West Ham this season and they love it!
Both fellas are everything I ever want in a Hammers shirt. Warriors yet so humble. This is their dream. West Ham United is their dream.
For the first time in years and years I feel connected to my team. I am so ****ing proud. :crest:
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Lovely video.

Best thing about it though is that Vlad very clearly uses the word "remuneration" in the context of a reward, but that was clearly too complicated for our social media team so they've transcribed it as "achievement" instead. :lol:
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Robbie wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:00 pm This makes me emotional as I am seeing two men who have given absolutley everything for West Ham this season and they love it!
Both fellas are everything I ever want in a Hammers shirt. Warriors yet so humble. This is their dream. West Ham United is their dream.
For the first time in years and years I feel connected to my team. I am so ****ing proud. :crest:
Yep
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 pm I never miss an excuse to post this:

I love it!
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

I am Lawro wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 pm These two are a fantastic demonstration that you don't have to be a local boy to truly "get" this club. They are brilliant ambassadors for West Ham United and I hope that they stick around for years to come.
And after the match you had Pablo citing wanting to get to the Europa for all the people who miss the Boleyn. Whoever is finding these men is doing a great job of finding players with a sense of responsibility for their fans and for each other.

With our Czech boys, I love that Vlad says 'Yes of course I can believe...' because he and Tommy are winners. They do the work and then do more, they play for their team and they've been in winning sides who play in Europe year in year out. We need more like these two. Change the culture from a plucky mess to winners.
HammerJammer
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by HammerJammer »

Splendid impromptu interview.

Vladimír obviously bunked off fewer English lessons at school.

It was funny to hear Tomáš talk about his "gaffer". He's settling into the East End.
Last edited by HammerJammer on Fri May 28, 2021 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2616 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Great interview from a couple of great lads who totally get West Ham, and are pleasant and positive to boot … I reckon UtJ should take a bit of Coufal’s advice and split the KUMB best player award into 30 pieces! :wink:
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

It's just a shame their names don't rhyme with Moscow
ballantine
Has liked: 1318 likes
Total likes: 235 likes

Post by ballantine »

old fart wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:23 pm It's just a shame their names don't rhyme with Moscow
So true.

"My name is Tomas Soucek
I come from near Anzhero-Sudzhensk"

doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
Payet and Mash

Post by Payet and Mash »

old fart wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:23 pm It's just a shame their names don't rhyme with Moscow
My name is Tomas Soucek
I come from near Ludek
I play in midfield for West Ham
Frankies Boots

Post by Frankies Boots »

Payet and Mash wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:47 pm Ludek
Brilliant
Paolopaul
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 296 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

I presume both will start for the Czechs at the Euros? England will be well advised to avoid starting Grealish against Coufal...
Kakophonix
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Kakophonix »

interesting video, more than one year old...but gives some knowledge before EURO 2021
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Seen some talk of Coufal getting a new contract offered this summer.
Kakophonix
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Kakophonix »