Czech mates

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Re: Czech mates

Post by kitthehammer »

Coufal & kral start, soucek on bench
kitthehammer

Post by kitthehammer »

Ht italy 2 czechia 0
Italy playing quite well although both goals deflected in. Czechs not playing well, poor in defence. A bit underwhelmed by kral.
Coufal ok.
kitthehammer

Post by kitthehammer »

Soucek now on so all three on
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

Italians are all over them.
Kilkhammer
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Kilkhammer »

Is there a live stream ?
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Italy are very good. My tip to win the Euros. Neither of our lads (and possible future lad) are covering themselves in much glory. Only a friendly though.
Daytonahammer

Post by Daytonahammer »

HammerAl wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:21 pm Italy are very good. My tip to win the Euros. Neither of our lads (and possible future lad) are covering themselves in much glory. Only a friendly though.
That 4th goal was very pleasing to the eye.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Kilkhammer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:12 pm Is there a live stream ?
https://reddt1.soccerstreams.net/event/ ... eam/648937

If you're lucky you might see the Czechs touch the ball.
Daytonahammer

Post by Daytonahammer »

Kilkhammer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:12 pm Is there a live stream ?
I'm watching on ESPN+ mate. Maybe theres a stream on reddit.
Kakophonix
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Kakophonix »

Kral should be after EURO available for £3.5M and Zima for free.... :thup:
I think Spartak Moscow will be happy to sell him before EURO after this match :)

technical skills are really behind West Ham standards
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Kakophonix wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:21 pm Kral should be after EURO available for £3.5M and Zima for free.... :thup:
I think Spartak Moscow will be happy to sell him before EURO after this match :)

technical skills are really behind West Ham standards
Seems that way but it was only a warm up friendly... I'll withhold judgement until I see them in a proper competitive game.
GentlemanJim
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by GentlemanJim »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:59 pm Seems that way but it was only a warm up friendly... I'll withhold judgement until I see them in a proper competitive game.
Exactly. This was a very poor game from the entire Czech team. The many defenders that are currently out are not helping, but it’s not excuse for playing this badly on an individual level, BUT judging a player after a poor performance in one friendly is madness. Have a look at Kral’s performance in the Euro2020 qualifier win against England. He was very good and has improved since then, but had a poor day in the office last night. It happens. Of course, if it keeps happening during the actual group games, people will be firmer in their judgment.

As a separate point, I thought Italy were really strong. Definitely a side - among a relatively small number of sides - that clearly has the capacity to win the whole tournament.
Kakophonix

Post by Kakophonix »

GentlemanJim wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:17 am Have a look at Kral’s performance in the Euro2020 qualifier win against England. He was very good and has improved since then, but had a poor day in the office last night.
I do. He was very physical and promising young talent...That is why I do think there should be still something about him. But yesterday´s game unfortunately only increased my doubts from his last matches for Spartak Moscow. He was below average of their starting eleven, was substituted already couple of times in between 60-70 minute of game...is everything but not the key man for them and West Ham should buy the key men...Seeing him playing for Spartak I was thinking they keep him on the pitch just only because they want to sell him in the summer... And they want. Because they say The price will be high. They do not say Not for sale...
He is not the one who will dominate the midfield. :eh:
Kakophonix

Post by Kakophonix »

Kakophonix

Post by Kakophonix »

Part of Interview with Patrick Berger (ex Slavia and Sparta Prague, Dortmund, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Aston Villa )
(google translate)

However, you still can't completely escape football, especially now during the Euro. Who will you wish for?
Definitely to our boys, but otherwise to England. I spent a lot of time there, I experienced some years, my children grew up there. I wouldn't mind if she won.

However, no team is under higher pressure, and success has not come for a long time.

Every year, the local journalists put her in the role of favorites, but they never really succeeded. I know coach Gareth Southgate, we've met a few times, he's a very good guy. I wish him success too. If Foden plays from the start, he could definitely shine on the Euro. In Manchester City, he shows that he is one of the world's top young people. I'm looking forward to it, I enjoy looking at it.

You played for Liverpool, but now in the Czech Republic they are watching the Premier League largely because of West Ham. Tomáš Souček and Vladimír Coufal fit perfectly, the former was even nominated for the best player in the league.
No one in the Czechs has ever succeeded. It is a huge success. I think it's good that we have some guys again in the best competition in the world. We used to have more of them there, then no one was there for a while. And now it is written that West Ham might buy some more Czechs. I'm watching Souček, he had an amazing season, he was incredibly successful in entering.

The club has experienced one of the best seasons in history.
West Ham had previously fought for retention, now suddenly for the Champions League. And with almost the same cadre. Both boys from Slavia helped them incredibly, you can see that. If they keep playing like this, it's just fine. They certainly have a chance to go to a better team than West Ham, for example.

Why did they fit in right away? After moving abroad, many Czech football players complain that they cannot cope with higher physical requirements, more agile training ...
(interrupts) Slavia pod Trpišovským has been keeping up with any team in Europe for the last three years. They still kept running. Physically, the boys were incredibly prepared. It can be seen that they physically roll anyone in the league. They were so prepared that they came to England and the intensity of the training and the physical demands were not a problem for them. At all. In Slavia, they underwent it every day and every match. It helped them a lot.

And in West Ham they got a chance, they didn't have to wait.
That's the second thing. The coach (David Moyes) trusted them, letting them play, even if they didn't succeed in all the matches. I haven't seen everyone. There will definitely be those when it is not so good, but the coach will simply hold them. He wants them both there, which is important. A little luck with that. Souček sometimes fell there, sometimes it bounced off him, not every goal was show, but he paid. If someone succeeds in such an entry, it is also good for the group. The other guys see that they came to help them, and they can really get them somewhere. And one more thing.

Talk to me.
Speech. I don't know exactly how the boys talk, but they seem to have the basics. This is also very important. When you can communicate immediately, it's a big plus.

Did you manage it after moving from Germany?
I didn't speak English. It's simple on the field: the coach draws it for you, plus you play football all your life. You know what to do. You will learn "attention" and two or three other words. But it's worse in the cabin because you have nothing to say to the boys.

What else did you find difficult then? You must have had a training from Dortmund, to say the least.
The English league is physically demanding, there they have to go up and down. In the Czech league, I was a little lazy backwards, but there I had to get used to having to work back. Otherwise I wouldn't play.

You already take the football stage as a thing of the past. But what do you see in front of you?
Lots of events like Bike Challenge. I like to travel, now we have a baby, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have a fishing partner.

Source: https://www.idnes.cz/fotbal/euro-2021/p ... o-2020_elv
Ethanadict
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

Just wanted to say, good luck to our Czech boys today.

Looking forward to the game - should be evenly balanced and Scotland have some decent players.

And as an England fan... three red cards per team please (but not Tomas or Vlad)!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I want the Czech’s to win. :scarfer:
kitthehammer

Post by kitthehammer »