Tennis 2022

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Re: Tennis 2022

Post by Puff Daddy »

James P wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:15 pm Harmony Tan has been incredible to watch. The Serena match was stunning. I was lucky enough to see her live on Thursday on Court 17 against the Spanish seed and Boulter couldn’t land a glove on her today.

Potentially playing Coco Gauff in the Fourth Round. Looks like she could beat anyone at present.

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
alski
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by alski »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:26 am
This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Jesus.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Heather Watson. What was all the fuss about ? She never has been much cop and she only got as far as she did, because she hadn't played anybody and bloody good. Her all round play, average at best and as for her powder puff serve, well enough said and to for second serve well its a dolly drop
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by brothernero »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:48 pm Heather Watson. What was all the fuss about ? She never has been much cop and she only got as far as she did, because she hadn't played anybody and bloody good. Her all round play, average at best and as for her powder puff serve, well enough said and to for second serve well its a dolly drop
Guessing she would still destroy you in a match with one hand tied behind her back.

She has had a great tournament. Try giving her some credit instead of needlessly slagging her off.

Bet you do the same to Norrie as soon as he loses.
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by brothernero »

Congratulations to Cameron Norrie. A straight sets victory over Tommy Paul to reach the quarter final of Wimbledon. 👍🇬🇧
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Norrie eats yanks for breakfast. Pity Goffin's from Belgium.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

brothernero wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:48 pm Guessing she would still destroy you in a match with one hand tied behind her back.

She has had a great tournament. Try giving her some credit instead of needlessly slagging her off.

Bet you do the same to Norrie as soon as he loses.
She really would be put under the spotlight and serious questions would be asked of her if she failed to beat a fat old man in his 70's but old as I am, I reckon even at my age, I reckon even I could smash her second serve past her
alski
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by alski »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:45 pm She really would be put under the spotlight and serious questions would be asked of her if she failed to beat a fat old man in his 70's but old as I am, I reckon even at my age, I reckon even I could smash her second serve past her
You’re a right misogynistic old sod aren’t you. First it’s sexual debasing another British female tennis player and then slag off Watson who’s been a credited to herself and the country on court and then claiming you’d be able to smash her second serve, no doubt cause she’s a woman.

Stick to slagging off Moyes on the transfer thread and repeatedly crying over the lack of signings.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2652 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

Is this you, Puff?

smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by smuts »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:45 pm She really would be put under the spotlight and serious questions would be asked of her if she failed to beat a fat old man in his 70's but old as I am, I reckon even at my age, I reckon even I could smash her second serve past her
Bet you wouldn't get within 2 foot of it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

alski wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:32 pm You’re a right misogynistic old sod aren’t you. First it’s sexual debasing another British female tennis player and then slag off Watson who’s been a credited to herself and the country on court and then claiming you’d be able to smash her second serve, no doubt cause she’s a woman.

Stick to slagging off Moyes on the transfer thread and repeatedly crying over the lack of signings.

What you talking about ? I'm.just pointing out, she's not a particularly good tennis player and never has been. It's not misogyny, it's just pure fact. No sooner than she met somebody, a little bit good, she went out, as she was always going to do. That is the sole point of my post. Nothing more, nothing less, and there is no reason to.launvhbz personal attack on me with rubbish statements like ' I bet she would beat you .Of course she would beat me

A) I'm not a tennis player
B) She is over half my age
C) She is not 18 stone
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

Oh stop playing the victim and own the b*llocks you keep coming out with, and own it when people pull you up. If you're incapable of doing that, then just f*** off. We've had enough of you.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

-DL- wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:09 pm Oh stop playing the victim and own the b*llocks you keep coming out with, and own it when people pull you up. If you're incapable of doing that, then just **** off. We've had enough of you.
Bully
WestcliffHammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by WestcliffHammer »

-DL- wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:09 pm Oh stop playing the victim and own the b*llocks you keep coming out with, and own it when people pull you up. If you're incapable of doing that, then just **** off. We've had enough of you.
Its only 'b*llocks' in your opinion could quite easily say you talk absolute **** but you'll probably ban them.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1867 likes
Total likes: 2489 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Anyway, this Kyrgios bloke. Seems to bother a lot of people. I rather like him, if I'm honest, though I think that may be because he upsets the authorities, journalists & crowd so much.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

WestcliffHammer wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:59 am Its only 'b*llocks' in your opinion could quite easily say you talk absolute **** but you'll probably ban them.
Never banned anyone in my entire life, so carry on being wrong 😁
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 pmI'm.just pointing out, she's not a particularly good tennis player and never has been.
In and around the top 100 in the world when fit with a highest ranking of 30 odd and £4 million in prize money. Yeh, not a very good tennis player.

I'm with DL and others about the bolleux you spout.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1237 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by last.caress »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 pm (Heather Watson is) not a particularly good tennis player and never has been. It's not misogyny, it's just pure fact.
87 million people regularly playing tennis on Earth
3900 tennis professionals.
1500 female tennis professionals.

(Link for stats)

Heather Watson has been a top 50 ranked player and the British no.1.

So no, it's not "pure fact" that she's "not a particularly good tennis player". It's "pure fact" that, at her peak, she was in the top 4% of female professional players on the planet.

And, given your disgusting comments above (thankfully moderated now), I'd say that an accusation of misogyny levelled at you is more than reasonable.

You're frequently given a lot more rope here than many others on the grounds that you're an old man. I don't understand that whatsoever. There are lots of old men on this site, the vast majority of whom aren't as routinely distasteful as you.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

As a moderator, I really don't think you should be addressing other users like that
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1237 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by last.caress »

I'm addressing you far more politely than you deserve. I'm not the one making ridiculous statements about one tennis player and sleazy comments about another. You are.