Tennis 2022

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Re: Tennis 2021

Post by bonzosbeard »

-DL- wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:36 am I must be getting to be a big softy in my old age, because my eyes started leaking when she took the trophy.

What a phenomenal story. The one and only qualifier to ever win a Grand Slam.

I hope we see that big smile win many, many more championships. Hopefully Fernandez wins some too - two bright stars in the making there.
Bonzosbeard likes every part of this post.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1928 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:49 am Some parents get all the luck , their 18 year old daughter just netted them £1.5m - I can't even get my boy to bring down the dirty plates from his bedroom .
:clap: :clap:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I don't know if this will be the final post on this thread possibly not, but I do remember, former British No.1 female tennis player, Anne Keathavong in discussion about Emma, with Sue Barker during Wimbledon. She said " I had a practice match against her and I had to be at the very top of my game to beat an 11 year old "
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Good Luck to young Emma Raducanu , I truly hope she wins Wimbledon ten years running ......but.....Jesus H Christ On A Bike ..if I hear another interview with Virginia Wade , Annabel Croft , Martina Navratilova and all the young wannabe tennis players of Orpington I'm going to take my old Pancho Gonzales tennis racket and smash it through my telly .
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

The Jeremy Vine Show now questioning whether Emma Raducanu's win is ' The Greatest Sporting Moment Ever ' and comparing her to Muhammad Ali , Bob Champion , Nottingham Forest ...........no one has mentioned dear old Andy Murray . :grin:

Yesterday's Man .

How quickly we forget .
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:48 am I don't know if this will be the final post on this thread possibly not, but I do remember, former British No.1 female tennis player, Anne Keathavong in discussion about Emma, with Sue Barker during Wimbledon. She said " I had a practice match against her and I had to be at the very top of my game to beat an 11 year old "
That will be the perfect accompaniment for my Fred Perry tennis trustees
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 am Good Luck to young Emma Raducanu , I truly hope she wins Wimbledon ten years running ......but.....Jesus H Christ On A Bike ..if I hear another interview with Virginia Wade , Annabel Croft , Martina Navratilova and all the young wannabe tennis players of Orpington I'm going to take my old Pancho Gonzales tennis racket and smash it through my telly .
That will go well with my Fred Perry tennis trousers
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 am Good Luck to young Emma Raducanu , I truly hope she wins Wimbledon ten years running ......but.....Jesus H Christ On A Bike ..if I hear another interview with Virginia Wade , Annabel Croft , Martina Navratilova and all the young wannabe tennis players of Orpington I'm going to take my old Pancho Gonzales tennis racket and smash it through my telly .
:crylol:

I can forgive them Annabel Croft TOMoS :coolas:

It was getting me down even before she'd played the final, build 'em up and knock 'em down

The lass is a very special talent and I too hope she wins many titles.

I see that Djokovic lost at last.
I can't take to him at all.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Apparently she's a shoe in for SPoTY and a gong from Big Liz.

How about we just let the girl play some tennis for a bit?

Am I a bit out of touch for thinking all those sorts of awards should really be given to sports people towards the end of their careers rather than the beginning?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

sendô wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:22 am Apparently she's a shoe in for SPoTY and a gong from Big Liz.

Am I a bit out of touch for thinking all those sorts of awards should really be given to sports people towards the end of their careers rather than the beginning?
Good on her if she does. It will go some way in compensating for all the years somebody without any personality won it
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

sendô wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:22 am Apparently she's a shoe in for SPoTY and a gong from Big Liz.

👍🏻 The same people will be losing their **** when she’s almost inevitably hounded into ‘taking time out for mental health reasons’…
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Or relocates to Florida for a bit more quiet.
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

Jonah wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 pm Or relocates to Florida for a bit more quiet.
That would be a huge mistake.

Drinking age in Florida is 21. No more getting pissed on the weekend for Ms Raducanu :coolas:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Nova Djokavic, banned from entering Australia. This is a joke isn't it? :winker:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Yes - a bit like his beliefs and pseudo-scientific codswassop he subscribes to. i.e.

People can change the composition of food and water through positive thinkng.

“I know some people that through that energetical transformation, through the power of prayer, though the power of gratitude, they managed to turn the most toxic food or maybe most polluted water into the most healing water, because water reacts … molecules in the water react to our emotions, to what is being said,” the 34-year-old, explained.

Djokovic had previously written in his autobiography Serve To Win about watching a test in which a researcher directed loving energy towards one glass of water and swore aggressively at the other. “After a few days… [the belittled glass] was tinted slightly green… the other glass was still bright and crystal clear”.

“Each organ in our bodies is undergoing repair in roughly this order: Lungs 3-5am, Large Intestine 5-7am, Stomach 7-9am…”

In 2018, he told Shortlist magazine that he believed in telekinesis and telepathy. “You have this thing called telepathy, right?” he said. “Or this thing called telekinesis, or instinct, intuition. I feel like [these] are the gifts from this higher order, the source, the god, whatever, that allows us to understand the higher power and higher order in ourselves.”

His wife is no better: "Jelena shared a video of medic Dr Thomas Cowan espousing his debunked theory linking 5G technology to the coronavirus outbreak – which was given a “false information” tag. She later explained she was “interested” in finding out more because the video mentioned the teachings of philosopher Rudolf Steiner (who believed in the soul/reincarnation/the spirit world)

Click here for supporting refs: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/no ... d=msedgntp
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:24 pm Nova Djokavic, banned from entering Australia. This is a joke isn't it? :winker:
What a player, but what a weapon he is. :thdn:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

And he wonders why no one likes him

Great player obviously but I never took to him from day one and this latest outburst of helmetry confirms my initial suspicions. Talented and rich but a wrong un nevertheless.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Can't be doing with the bloke.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if later on he turns out to be a 'Lance Armstrong'
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

OFT wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:13 pm Can't be doing with the bloke.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if later on he turns out to be a 'Lance Armstrong'
Most certainly along with his arse scratching Spanish friend.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Visa cancelled again for Novak.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59991762

****ing tournament will be over by the time this gets resolved! :crylol: