The weather

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Re: The weather

Post by smuts »

Just awful for those people in Dagenham and Wennington. Hopefully they can get things sorted for them ASAP.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Wow.

DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:20 am How do people actually come to these conclusions, and not only that, believe them to such an extent, that they think they are the clever ones and it's everyone else that's stupid and having the wool pulled over their eyes?
Their own group think, they are CERTAIN that they KNOW we fall for stuff, but would never consider for a minute that they themselves are part of their own group think within their own groups.

Many people think they're more intelligent, smarter, more shrewd, less gullible, more insightful, more gifted than others. This stuff is manna for those who want to feel superior to others and see conspiracy everywhere. People who KNOW things are true, rather than just have opinions on something, and so merely believe, are mostly, if not exclusively, idiots.

Anyway, the pictures/ footage from yesterday are things I doubt any of us thought we'd see in these islands. This stuff was the preserve of places like Greece, Australia, Spain, etc. Shocking to see it here, but I suppose given the way the world is (too slowly) acting on climate change - inevitable.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:20 am
How do people actually come to these conclusions, and not only that, believe them to such an extent, that they think they are the clever ones and it's everyone else that's stupid and having the wool pulled over their eyes?
I read a piece on Qanon I think it was, about how the search for the info- you know “do your own research”- has been ‘game-ified’ (is that a word? it is now) like an adventure game is all scripted and you have to break a wall down to find a secret room which leads you on to the next phase, you might get a buzz from the sense of achievement, like finding a new link to some more conspiracy theories.
They are encouraged to find more and more old flannel by playing the game of ‘research’.

Before internetz and social media, Trigger down the boozer would come out with some crazy conspiracy and his mates would just shake their heads and carry on but now Trig might go “But Dave, it’s all on the internet, do your research. They just don’t want you to know.” Then Dave is into it as well,and so on.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Weird isn't it.

It's 26C where I am.

I've got a jumper on because it's so much cooler...... :crossed:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

13:39

25°C

Felixstowe
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:20 am How do people actually come to these conclusions, and not only that, believe them to such an extent, that they think they are the clever ones and it's everyone else that's stupid and having the wool pulled over their eyes?
People believe or disbelieve whatever they want to believe. It's inconvenient for them to acknowledge that climate change is real so they go along with anything that debunks it. It's especially easy in the age of social media where any nutter can present his rambling b*llocks as fact, and a handful of likes makes it look like lots of people agree.
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

These scenes of burnt out houses are atrocious. Imagine coming back to see that.

Just look at your own home now and think all of this could be gone in a blink of an eye, all of your life.....imagine having to start all over again.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Newham 16:00
Temp 25° but feels like a sticky 29°..
Samba

Post by Samba »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:20 amHow do people actually come to these conclusions, and not only that, believe them to such an extent, that they think they are the clever ones and it's everyone else that's stupid and having the wool pulled over their eyes?
Think there's a number of reasons why some people think like that.
Samba

Post by Samba »

22 f*cking degrees tomorrow.. that's it, long trousers are going back on
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Samba wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:38 pm 22 f*cking degrees tomorrow.. that's it, long trousers are going back on
Yep, 21c here tomorrow and cloudy, with a strong breeze. Absolutely perfect conditions to go and sort my motor out. Had it since 1st of April and haven't got round to doing the paint treatment on it - clay bar, abrasive polish, fine polish, then ceramic gloss coating.

Only fly in the ointment, it's my son's 11th birthday tomorrow, so I can't do it. I'm busy all weekend, and back to work Monday, so Christ knows when the conditions are going to be as good.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Currently 21 degrees in my lounge/office it is wonderful.. the house has taken a few days to cool down but it now just about perfect.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

-DL- wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:15 pm Yep, 21c here tomorrow and cloudy, with a strong breeze. Absolutely perfect conditions to go and sort my motor out. Had it since 1st of April and haven't got round to doing the paint treatment on it - clay bar, abrasive polish, fine polish, then ceramic gloss coating.
Cleaned our two jam jars yesterday, pretty sure you wouldn’t approve of my method but it got it done in an hour - jet wash the muck off, then jet wash brush attachment for a scrub followed by a wipe down using microfibre cloth. :arry:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

20°c Clacton-on-Sea

11.35am
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Arnold Layne wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:20 pm Cleaned our two jam jars yesterday, pretty sure you wouldn’t approve of my method but it got it done in an hour - jet wash the muck off, then jet wash brush attachment for a scrub followed by a wipe down using microfibre cloth. :arry:
Jesus, this gives me the jitters
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Perfect weather today
Samba

Post by Samba »

Denzil wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:30 pm Perfect weather today
Yep, set to stay, well into August.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

37°at the moment, rising to god knows what tomorrow.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Cognac tomorrow then Ile de re on Saturday for a week. Not sure I’m built for these temperatures