Hysteria!

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: Hysteria!

Post by Jonah »

Ok righto.

:asleep:
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by Shabu »

fmgod wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:22 pm It says "bucket" that's even been confirmed by people who see it, stop stirring racial hatred for no reason, there was no racial language in the graffiti!

100% the ones who did it are twats but this isn't a racial incident, stop making it one!
Seriously? Someone daubed "BUCKET b*stard" on a mural of Rashford? Is that what you're saying or have I misunderstood?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1916 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Sure it wasn’t ‘You ****ing Guy’?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

cook pass babford
GentlemanJim
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by GentlemanJim »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:07 pm It happens whenever we fail to match the expectations that people build up. We werent coming out of lockdown in 96 and there was probably even more aggro.
Definitely. I loved Euro96 but I also remember the quite frankly really scary aggro. It was bad this time, but in 1996 it was a lot more widespread. Still, a lot more aggro in 2021 than if the final had been held in, say, Munich or Rome.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Doc H Ball wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:34 pm Sure it wasn’t ‘You ****ing Guy’?
:crylol:

"Sh ite in a bucket b*stard"

Best take the knee...
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true

The “racist until proven not racist” approach worked well.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Billydinho wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:46 am https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true

The “racist until proven not racist” approach worked well.
I'll have the apology now guys...and all the slightly snide remarks
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

It said "***** in a bucket". The mural is half a mile from Maine Road and the paint was sky blue.

It didn't need Poirot to work out who was behind it and what their motives were...
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Billydinho wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:20 am It said "***** in a bucket". The mural is half a mile from Maine Road and the paint was sky blue.

It didn't need Poirot to work out who was behind it and what their motives were...

Wasn't actually aimed at you to be fair though, good to see we've had endless media coverage and god knows what else though about racism when it was wasn't from the first instance and some people loving to jump and label it racist
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Like I said the rhetoric among the left wing media is to spread hysteria and promote division..
Ms Reid crying on GMB, the dragging out of hate filled guests who only listen to their own opinions and call people racist because they have a different outlook.

Racism is repugnant we know that, anybody found perpetuating that kind of hatred should be without doubt treated harshly by CPS and our Justice system.

But let's get some perspective please!

The far Right are hateful so are the far left.

Two sides of the same coin .. Stop this nonsense!!!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Pob! wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:20 am Like I said the rhetoric among the left wing media is to spread hysteria and promote division..
Ms Reid crying on GMB, the dragging out of hate filled guests who only listen to their own opinions and call people racist because they have a different outlook.

Racism is repugnant we know that, anybody found perpetuating that kind of hatred should be without doubt treated harshly by CPS and our Justice system.

But let's get some perspective please!

The far Right are hateful so are the far left.

Two sides of the same coin .. Stop this nonsense!!!
I think it wound me up personally, as I was in the pub Sunday, probably a pub on here a lot would regard as proper brexit, racist stereotypes, final whistle and the whole game not one word of racist abuse, when the players missed and England were gutted so were the fans, in the fairytales of the media everyone in the pub was probably shouting racist abuse and god knows what else, this is totally the wrong view and 99% of people rightly abhor racism even the uneducated brexit council estates types they love to label, most people are good people and deserve to the right to be treated as such until their actions prove otherwise
Last edited by fmgod on Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

Pob! wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:20 am Like I said the rhetoric among the left wing media is to spread hysteria and promote division..
And to make it worse, there probably isn't a media outlet who wouldn't have known about that graffiti not being racist, yet the narrative got followed by all.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

Until tragedies like the murder of Sami Sidhom are highlighted more than mean tweets I can’t get on board with this kneeling down nonsense.

Sami, a Hammer, 18, was murdered by up to 4 men in Forest Gate after he attended the game v Stoke in ‘18. No one has been charged. He was metres away from his home that he shares with his Grandmother and Dad.

Or Tashan Daniel, 20. An Arsenal fan on his way to a match stabbed on a platform with a military grade knife.

If Mings etc truly want to highlight issues for people who happen to have dark skin, look no further than these 2 tragedies.

There’s an obvious reason why they don’t want to talk about this.
Copper Bottom
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Copper Bottom »

r99c wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:51 pm I hope this mural dispels the myth that the England flag is racist.

Yes, there are plenty of racists here but the flag itself should be proudly flown by all imo.

What a fantastic sight by the way
Just seen this. |Surely no-one sees the England flag as racist?

I - however - would not wish to be associated with it because it seems that many (not all, not most) of the people who wave it are -

Retarded moron Tory PMs
Racist scum
Relatively poor people who are not aspirational or proud of their environment
The sorts of despicable football fans who prefer the national team to their club

I look forward to the day I can wave it with pride due to the bad associations being a thing of the past.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1566 likes

Post by alf git »

Wow. Are you Emily Thornberry?
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Congratulations Copper Bottom for the most moronic post I’ve ever seen on this website, given the last couple of years that’s quite an accolade. You sound like you’d feel better off living in another country not this horrible, racist, capitalist cesspit. Go and find your social utopia, people like you should be given the chance to go and see if you like practicing what you preach!
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

I can still remember the English Asians proudly displaying the St George's flag before the Euro final. Not the flag of ignorant racism and division but encompassing all English people regardless of colour or race.

Shall we move on.
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

Copper Bottom wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:07 pm Just seen this. |Surely no-one sees the England flag as racist?

I - however - would not wish to be associated with it because it seems that many (not all, not most) of the people who wave it are -

Retarded moron Tory PMs
Racist scum
Relatively poor people who are not aspirational or proud of their environment
The sorts of despicable football fans who prefer the national team to their club

I look forward to the day I can wave it with pride due to the bad associations being a thing of the past.
:thdn:

This attitude is exactly what I was referring to.
Reg Stretch
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Reg Stretch »

DrVenk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:06 pmehat aggto ?
Doubt we would have seen so much aggro had this not taken place as we emerge from lockdown.

Also, strikes me the extremes in society get more coverage than they deserve and then there is the usual civic erosion around the use of social media.
What aggro ?