The next gig you're going to

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: The next gig you're going to

Post by -DL- »

Got tickets to see Starsailor at Electric Ballroom on 2nd December.
johnk1
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by johnk1 »

Big Country supported by Spear of Destiny last Friday in Bexhill.

BC as good as ever, try to see them once a year as they seem to be permanently touring. Spear were also surprisingly good, great sound.

Am going again to see the same line up in Southampton next month.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Panda Bear and Sonic Boom on Wednesday 😎

pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Duran Duran tomorrow night with the wonderful missus jaye and some pals - also our 28th anniversary.

Then Steve Mason in Camden on Thursday.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

pablo jaye wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:33 am Duran Duran tomorrow night with the wonderful missus jaye and some pals - also our 28th anniversary.

I saw them on their reunion tour on May 1st 2004 at Wembley Arena. Brilliant gig.

Where you seeing them Pab?
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:53 am I saw them on their reunion tour on May 1st 2004 at Wembley Arena. Brilliant gig.

Where you seeing them Pab?
At the AO Arena … the missus has seen them a few times, I saw them once before when we were on hols in Las Vegas in 2017 - realised they were playing at The Cosmopolitan so bought some tix. Was really impressed - they put on a great show.

Just been looking at some of their setlists and came across one they did in Vegas last Halloween - it included a whole number of surprising covers, Ghostown, Spellbound, Psycho Killer and Supernature.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Well the day has finally arrived, Springsteen tonight at Estadi Olimpic in Barcelona, absolutely buzzing.
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

r99c wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:50 am Bloodywood go into the #1 spot of all time gigs for me. Everything about last night was truly phenomenal.
Saw on Instagram they had planned 3 club shows (Edinburgh, Cardiff and Bedford) in the few days after their Download slot. Secured tickets today for the Bedford one. Electric Ballroom was sold out 1,400 or so - this Esquire Rooms place in Bedford I'm seeing them in on June 14 is 200 capacity ... cannot ****ing wait for this. Didn't think I'd be seeing them again so soon.

Looks like tickets remain - highly highly recommend if you like metal - https://songkick.seetickets.com/event/b ... d1songkick
Chicken Run Supreme

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band at Estadi Olimpic Barcelona Friday night.
Phenomenal show and with no doubt whatsoever, the greatest gig I’ve been to in my life. Thirty eight years on since I first saw them at Wembley, The Boss and his long standing band have lost none of their impact. From the moment the E Street band walked onto the stage, one at a time with Bruce coming on last it was like gladiators entering the ring. It’s a fantastic stadium up on Montjuïc high above the city, which will be Barcelona FC’s temporary home when Nou Camp is refurbished.
From the moment the opening track, No Surrender kicks us off at 9.00pm, we are treated to a combination of crowd pleasing favourites and a few more intimate and personal songs that span ten albums.
The 21st song of the night is the classic Thunder Road and not surprisingly this has the crowd whipped into a frenzy and the Barcelona crowd were as enthusiastic as any I’ve ever seen. It is at this point the band exit the stage and the lights go down. But it is a very short break no more than a minute or two before they are back to a rapturous rendition of Born in The USA that starts the encore of banger after banger, Born To Run, Glory Days, Bobby Jean and Dancing in The Dark before we then have an emotional performance of Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out against a backdrop of pictures of the late Danny Federici and the Big Man whose nephew Jake Clemons has filled his boots with pride and style. On Glory Days, the backing singers are joined by Mrs Stephen Spielberg, Kate Capshaw, Michelle Obama and Bruce’s wife Patti Sciafra. Barack Obama and Spielberg were allegedly also at the show, that’s pulling power for you.
Now the show is over, or is it? The band leave to thunderous applause and Ole, Ole, Ole chants only for The Boss to return for a solo acoustic performance of I’ll See You In My Dreams and then he turns away like a gladiator exiting the arena and it is minutes away from midnight.
Maybe this will be the last time we see a World Tour, they’re none of them getting any younger but at 73 years old he’s still up there for 3 non stop hours in full throttle, don’t know how he does it and he’ll be doing it all over again tonight at the same venue.
If there’s any on here that have tickets for any dates on this tour, you are in for an absolute treat.
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

Was watching the Coronation this morning with the missus and remarking that we’d probably not see Prince George crowned and it made us talk about mortality and the need to take opportunities … then decided on the spur of the moment to book tix to see The Selecter in Southampton tonight. Looking forward to it - 3rd gig of the week!
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:38 am Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band at Estadi Olimpic Barcelona Friday night.
Phenomenal show and with no doubt whatsoever, the greatest gig I’ve been to in my life.
If there’s any on here that have tickets for any dates on this tour, you are in for an absolute treat.
Got tickets for the two London shows which will be my 20th and 21st Springsteen gigs. Can't wait.

First saw him on The River Tour over 40 years ago - still the greatest live act I've ever seen. :thup:
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Went to see a Roddy Woomble - singer of Scottish indie punks Idlewild and solo artist in his own right, in a pub in Totnes tonight. He was fantastic, humble and awkward.
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

pablo jaye wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:23 pm Was watching the Coronation this morning with the missus and remarking that we’d probably not see Prince George crowned and it made us talk about mortality and the need to take opportunities … then decided on the spur of the moment to book tix to see The Selecter in Southampton tonight. Looking forward to it - 3rd gig of the week!
What a great spur of the moment decision that was. Got to meet one of my heroes, Pauline Black and had a short chat with her - engaging, knowledgeable and humble. Also remarkably youthful for 69, as she said to the wonderful Missus Jaye ‘Black don’t crack’!

The band were excellent - some good new tunes and a great time skanking to all the hits!!
Chicken Run Supreme

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:18 pm Got tickets for the two London shows which will be my 20th and 21st Springsteen gigs. Can't wait.

First saw him on The River Tour over 40 years ago - still the greatest live act I've ever seen. :thup:
As a 19 gig veteran Pete, you know what to expect and Bruce & The Band will deliver in spades as always. I do think this may be the last time we see The Boss undertake a huge world tour but what a force of nature he is.
I am happy to have seen him last week but envious that you still have your gigs to enjoy.
And I agree, there is no greater live act than Springsteen. There is a reason he’s called The Boss.
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:25 am As a 19 gig veteran Pete, you know what to expect and Bruce & The Band will deliver in spades as always. I do think this may be the last time we see The Boss undertake a huge world tour but what a force of nature he is.
I am happy to have seen him last week but envious that you still have your gigs to enjoy.
And I agree, there is no greater live act than Springsteen. There is a reason he’s called The Boss.
I saw Springsteen at Wembley back in about 84 or 85 when he was touring Born In The USA. Whilst I never really got into his music after that, there is no doubt that he is a top drawer performer, showing why you cant beat a live performance - a huge arsenal of top songs for his fans and he clearly delivers great concerts consistently. A great review by the way CRS, it might even tempt me to dip my toe back into The Boss' music.
Chicken Run Supreme

pablo jaye wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:09 pm I saw Springsteen at Wembley back in about 84 or 85 when he was touring Born In The USA.
It was 1985 Pablo. I was there on the 4th July and paid £15 for general admission ticket, still have the ticket stub somewhere.
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:25 pm It was 1985 Pablo. I was there on the 4th July and paid £15 for general admission ticket, still have the ticket stub somewhere.
Yes, I was in my first year at 6th Form … we may well have stood in the same queue for the bar/bogs!! 🤣. Even then, he put on a full show. From memory, he played for about 3 hours without a support act. £15 too - I remember that being really expensive at the time. I think I paid less than £5 to see The Smiths the following year.

Might be a new thread topic contender too … ‘Gigs you were also at’ … it’s amazing how many people I didn’t know at the time, were also at the REM gig at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1995!
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:25 pm It was 1985 Pablo. I was there on the 4th July and paid £15 for general admission ticket, still have the ticket stub somewhere.
I saw all 3 shows at Wembley in 85 - the 3rd, 4th and 6th July. All of my tickets are framed and on my study wall - £14.50 each (I've just checked).

On the 4th July he opened with Independence Day ... I also remember hoses being turned on the crowd because of the heat. IIRC the Saturday was the day Boris Becker won Wimbledon for the first time.

On the Wednesday and Saturday a crowd of us went (including the missus) - though on the Thursday I went on my own so I didn't have to talk to anybody and could just listen.

Sad, but true! Happy days!
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Sarah Records legends, Heavenly (wife’s words not mine), Saturday 13th May, at a little place called the Oast in Rainham (Kent version)
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

June: Steve Harley acoustic set, Laurie Anderson, The Warning
August: The Ramonas
November: Babymetal