The next gig you're going to

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: The next gig you're going to

Post by Jonah »

ageing hammer wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:10 pm The Eagles in Dublin tomorrow night :scarfer:
:thup:

Saw them yesterday at Hyde Park along with Plant/Krauss and Little Big Town.

Bloody good day.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 467 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Frankie Valli tonight at the Royal Albert Hall
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Tears For Fears - Longleat, tonight.

(Although, wish I’d known about Frankie Valli!!)
Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt »

pablo jaye wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:39 am Tears For Fears - Longleat, tonight.

Frankie is much re-arranged, 3rd or 4th attempt I believe, potentially even more.

The last time we saw him, at the O2, maybe 4/5 years back now, he was great. Bizarrely, I sat in front of fellow forum member, and SLF mega fan, Westhamdave1 ( I think that was his login name) - is he still around on here ?
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Robbie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:26 pm Still waiting to see Ozzy since Feb 2019.... :coolas:
Likewise and the thing that really pisses me off is that Judas Priest are booked as the support act, as they obviously have some sort of contract with Sharon to not tour the UK except with Ozzy Priest are touring the rest of the world but not here.

I can't really see Ozzy ever being fit to do this tour :cry:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:43 pm Likewise and the thing that really pisses me off is that Judas Priest are booked as the support act, as they obviously have some sort of contract with Sharon to not tour the UK except with Ozzy Priest are touring the rest of the world but not here.

I can't really see Ozzy ever being fit to do this tour :cry:
That malingering horrible cow will be wheeling his cryogenically frozen body in front of 8 people at a bingo hall in Cumbria if it earns her a fiver
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Saw G-N-R on Friday evening at White Hart Lane. The event management has been the subject of online review and complaint. Crowd management meant that one support act was knocked on the head, the band started behind schedule and played a shortened set list in comparison to the other venues that they have played at during this tour. I wasn’t there last night, but it seems Axl was having issues signing (and mentioned this) and played a shortened set list.

Band itself was tight and always a joy to hear their stuff live. But neither gig seems to have been equal in terms of output to other venues.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

pablo jaye wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:39 am Tears For Fears - Longleat, tonight.

They were great as it happened, really engaged with the crowds and those early 80s hits sounded even better live than I thought they would. Also had Roachford as a last minute stand in for Alison Moyet as support. A tough gig for him and I’m no big fan at all - but he has a great voice, can tinkle the ivories very well and got the crowd warmed up well.
woodgreenspur
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by woodgreenspur »

Billy Sullivan
Saturday 16th July
The Horns, St Alban's.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Het-Field wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:25 pm Saw G-N-R on Friday evening at White Hart Lane. The event management has been the subject of online review and complaint. Crowd management meant that one support act was knocked on the head, the band started behind schedule and played a shortened set list in comparison to the other venues that they have played at during this tour. I wasn’t there last night, but it seems Axl was having issues signing (and mentioned this) and played a shortened set list.

Band itself was tight and always a joy to hear their stuff live. But neither gig seems to have been equal in terms of output to other venues.
The irony about GnR is the Chinese Democracy band was far better than the classic lineup. They also played for hours despite the usual coming on late nonsense. Saw Velvet Revolver just afterwards and they were not even in the same league as musicians. They bring in much more money though.
Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt »

pablo jaye wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:04 pm They were great as it happened, really engaged with the crowds and those early 80s hits sounded even better live than I thought they would. Also had Roachford as a last minute stand in for Alison Moyet as support. A tough gig for him and I’m no big fan at all - but he has a great voice, can tinkle the ivories very well and got the crowd warmed up well.
Good to hear... them and OMD are two that I really ought to getting round to see whilst they are still going
Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt »

woodgreenspur wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:30 pm Billy Sullivan
Saturday 16th July
The Horns, St Alban's.
Have you seen Billy since he went "solo" yet or is this the first time ?

I reckon we have crossed paths at a fair few gigs these past few years, so would value your opinion on his new stuff
woodgreenspur
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by woodgreenspur »

:kumbnew:
Billy Hunt wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:34 pm Have you seen Billy since he went "solo" yet or is this the first time ?

I reckon we have crossed paths at a fair few gigs these past few years, so would value your opinion on his new stuff
No mate. This will be my first time.
A mate saw him at the 229 in April,and reckoned he was superb. The band are all ex spitfires,so expect similar,plus he does a few of their numbers.
Quite possibly,we have . I went to many Spitfires gigs,was truly gutted when they knocked it on the head..
Check out Block 33 ,if you haven't already.Another good band in a similar vein. Superb live.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Went to Love Supreme the past few days. Surprised to find that its one of the most mixed festivals I've been to. Had a great vibe even if all the music isn't my thing.

Enjoyed The Ezra Collective and the Sons of Kemet were outstanding - truly innovative without going up their arses. You can't buy that feeling of being in a big tent, the whole place dancing and looking out at the sunset with the sweet smell of Mary Jane all around.

Off to Lytham this week :scarfer:
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

iLoveLasagne wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:07 am The Prodigy in Brixton. It'll be an emotional event I'm sure. First gig in three years.

I managed to buy tickets and so did my friend on Twickets so I may have an extra pair of tickets for the Saturday if anyone is interested drop me a PM.
I still have two tickets to shift for the Saturday's gig, general admission stalls on Twickets if anyone is interested. Maybe I'll go twice in a row!
jevs
Has liked: 473 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Post by jevs »

Went to see Rag n Bone Man last at the South of England showground.
Along with Sam Ryder as support, Raggy was absolutely superb. Just love his voice.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Eek-a-mouse, last night at the Camden Jazz Cafe.

Was OK, basically played a greatest hits set, but didn't seem to remember/couldn't be bothered to sing more than about 1/4 of the words to each song.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Next up, a wife-placating trip to see Simon & Garfunkel Experience, god help me.
carlokilkennie
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by carlokilkennie »

Wonk Unit tomorrow. The Horn St Albans.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

iLoveLasagne wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:49 am deleted