Return of The I've Been To The Cinema To See thread

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Re: Return of The I've Been To The Cinema To See thread

Post by hammer etc »

Been to see My Sailor My Love. Very good story that ambled along. Nobody really famous in it. Gets a good score on Rotten Tomatoes.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

John Wick 4.

2 hours and 49 minutes of everyone getting smashed up by Reeves with a body count of extreme proportions. Loved it.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:14 am

Director Martin McDonagh gets the In Bruges band (Farrell, Gleeson) back together. Touching, often very funny, beautifully shot meditation on how men crave cerebral solitude as they get older. Much better than I've made it sound. Definitely worth checking out when it's available to watch at home if you can't be arsed to go out.
Saw this on a plane to the States last week, an excellent film, dark, humourous and disturbing.

A must see movie.
woodgreenspur
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by woodgreenspur »

Been twice in the last week.
Wednesday I went to see allelujah. Wasn't what I was expecting. Good film with a proper twist at the end.
Friday,I went to see the remastered version of Dance Craze. If that's you bag,well worth a watch. Much clearer and the you can really see the crowd properly,which these days I almost enjoyed as much as the band's.
hammer etc

Post by hammer etc »

Just got back from seeing A Good Person. A lot better than I thought it would be. Wasn't quite sure to go or not but glad I did.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:40 am Saw this on a plane to the States last week, an excellent film, dark, humourous and disturbing.

A must see movie.

Saw it on Disney + a few weeks back -

Brilliant performances from everyone involved but a little on the sad side for me .
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

woodgreenspur wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:30 pm Been twice in the last week.

Friday,I went to see the remastered version of Dance Craze. If that's you bag,well worth a watch. Much clearer and the you can really see the crowd properly,which these days I almost enjoyed as much as the band's.
Dance Craze!
The Two Tone "documentary" Dance Craze?
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Took my wee boy to see the new Mario movie today. He loved it (he's 7) and I found it reasonable enough for a kids film.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Yeah, I took my 6 year old to see the Super Mario Bros. Movie and it wasn’t terrible.
If you grew up on Nintendo then you will get a kick out of some of the references and Easter eggs (yes, I am aware what today is :smiler: )
Decent voice cast too. Absolutely had zero clue who was who except Chris Pratt as Mario - and I felt he was just fine. The outrage when he was first cast really was an overreaction.
Jack Black steals the show for me as Bowser. Adds a musical element to him as well at one point that made me laugh.
Bang average plot and nothing new as you would expect, and It did rely heavily on one too many “Mama-Mia!” quotes for my liking.
The kids will still love it though… most adults will just suffer it and maybe get a chuckle or two.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

dungeons & Dragons or whatever its called , it was very good , thoroughly enjoyed it
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

We went to see Godland last night. Sort of like a cowboy film set in Iceland. Looks absolutely amazing but takes itself very very seriously. Tbh, I wasn't really in the right mood and fell asleep twice, but that's more a reflection of me than the film.

Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

chigwells finest wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:43 pm dungeons & Dragons or whatever its called , it was very good , thoroughly enjoyed it
Took the wife to see this at a preview showing a couple of days before it was properly released - great sword and sorcery flick. Much better than the crappy original D&D movie that New Line Cinema did with Jeremy Irons as the villain in the early 00s.

4/5

Saw a few others at the cinema recently too:

Shazam 2 - very poor, nodded off! 2/5
John Wick 4 - no storyline, literally 2.5 hours of him running about and blowing people away. The first one was cool but to make another 3 with them getting worse and worse… Keanu’s still great but this was nothing compared to Point Break or even Street Kings.
2.5 / 5
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

I'd sort of like to contribute to this thread but I haven't been to the cinema since before covid and I really can't imagine what film would make me pay 15 quid to drag my sorry arse to one of the local flea-pits. This saddens me but not enough to go.... :(
hammer etc

Post by hammer etc »

Toulouse_Iron wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:46 pm I'd sort of like to contribute to this thread but I haven't been to the cinema since before covid and I really can't imagine what film would make me pay 15 quid to drag my sorry arse to one of the local flea-pits. This saddens me but not enough to go.... :(
The thing is the cinema is in trouble. Cineworld is in real trouble. You can get tickets for a lot less than you think, just don't buy their food as the prices are ridiculous.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

chigwells finest wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:43 pm dungeons & Dragons or whatever its called , it was very good , thoroughly enjoyed it
Saw this last night with my 12 year old daughter. Very entertaining with lots of great humour & action scenes, and Hugh Grant continues his career as pantomime villain extraordinaire
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Cineworld tickets are £6.99 when booked online and a free 30 day trial of Apple TV.
hammer etc

Post by hammer etc »

I paid just over £13 to see Air at Everyman, it included a booking fee. The film was ok considering the storyline. And being under 2 hours was also a bonus. Films are getting so long these days plus the pre film malarkey some of us older folk may need take a leak before the end.
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Saw this last night and thought it was utterly nonsense but in a weird and wonderful way. Complete bonkers but I enjoyed it.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

just a couple of trailers that have my mouth watering..

Dune Part 2

Equalizer 3 The Final Chapter

:scarfer:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Seriously looking forward to Dune Part 2, Part 1 blew me away.

Equalizer 2 was ok, will certainly tune into the final chapter though, Denzel innit.