Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Chelsea on Sale Fri @ 9am 34pts +

Post by Doc H Ball »

I reckon most are banking on us qualifying and then having three other trips to pay for at least. I was thinking about doing the same until someone burst out laughing.
Phil S
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 376 likes

Post by Phil S »

Cottee wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:33 pm

Could be nonsense but I'm inclined to believe that something like that definitely went on.
Well people turned up with a voucher and were told that there were no tickets for them
A rumour that someone ran in and grabbed a load of tickets and got away
And other rumours which I won't bring up

something happened...
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Cottee »

Phil S wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:48 pm Well people turned up with a voucher and were told that there were no tickets for them
A rumour that someone ran in and grabbed a load of tickets and got away
And other rumours which I won't bring up

something happened...
Yes, I've heard the other rumours too...
farmerham
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by farmerham »

Cottee wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:56 pm Yes, I've heard the other rumours too...
The other rumours were very much true
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Cottee wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:33 pm ... something like that definitely went on.
It was 200 masked men from Genk. :crylol:
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

If they’re stopping the supposed people who booked a ticket for Europe and didn’t collect, are they also going to stop giving away tickets to their mates who prevented loads from going? Double standard c****.

Can’t justify Denmark even if it does go down to my points (32). See you at Villa.
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Cottee »

Said it before and I'll say it again, I want NK out of the club every bit as much as GSB.

Hopefully the two will go hand in hand when they finally sell up.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Viborg still selling - mental down to 15-19 points

I was panicking around 38 :crylol:
Tophammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Tophammer »

Chavs wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:57 am Viborg still selling - mental down to 15-19 points

I was panicking around 38 :crylol:
I'll be suprised if we sell out, reckon about 750 are travelling
fambridgeiron
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by fambridgeiron »

Two tickets sorted on 15 points :scarfer:
inspirations
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by inspirations »

3 of us in the 15-19 bracket, looks like it will go all the way down!!
Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Bubbles Murray »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:27 am

Can only be people with higher points not travelling previously, which I don’t really believe,

I fall into that bracket. I held back my Annual Leave at work for the semi-final and the final. I had enough PP's for a Frankfurt ticket.
Mod Life Crisis
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by Mod Life Crisis »

Will be pleasantly surprised if we take 750. I have been predicting 500 (based on previous turnouts in Andorra, Malta and Slovenia).

Have a very uncomfortable feeling that the journey home next Friday evening is going to be very sombre. My natural state of pessimism with all things WHU is returning with a vengeance.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Bubbles Murray wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 am I fall into that bracket. I held back my Annual Leave at work for the semi-final and the final. I had enough PP's for a Frankfurt ticket.
You might have done and they were certainly others but I’m not having it to the extent that it caused Frankfurt to sell out at 55 when Seville and Lyon went down to mid 20’s.

I would guess that a lot of people prioitised Lyon as travelling there level meant there was a good chance of not progressing to a semi final and final.
We_are_BML
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Mod Life Crisis wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:44 am Will be pleasantly surprised if we take 750. I have been predicting 500 (based on previous turnouts in Andorra, Malta and Slovenia).

Have a very uncomfortable feeling that the journey home next Friday evening is going to be very sombre. My natural state of pessimism with all things WHU is returning with a vengeance.
If you're right - see you again in 15 years European football
faubert93
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by faubert93 »

faubert93 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:51 am This happens all the time - people buy tickets that get you a PP when ever possible, and then decide if they can go or not and sell on if so. There's always someone who wants the ticket.

This is why the PP system does not work fairly.
To clarify - In my opinion, as someone who has purchased and attended every game I met the PP threshold for, I find it very hard to believe that some buy every ticket they can (that gets you a PP) and then sell on the ones they can't make or don't fancy. The matchday ticket thread last year was full of people selling tickets to games, minutes/hours after the away tickets had gone on sale or sold out.

Obviously with regards to European away games with the vouchers, this has been improved and stops this from happening, but the standard cup/league tickets which are sent in the post are always going to be sold on if it's as easy as it currently is.

I'm currently on 18PP. Am travelling from Scotland to attend a 20% sold (televised fixture) versus a minow - so don't tell me I "pick and choose", because I don't.

I'm saying that until you have a system that guarantees the buyer is using the ticket, it will never be "fair". The european ticket process is slightly more complex, but it is fair.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

faubert93 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:42 pm To clarify - In my opinion, as someone who has purchased and attended every game I met the PP threshold for, I find it very hard to believe that some buy every ticket they can (that gets you a PP) and then sell on the ones they can't make or don't fancy. The matchday ticket thread last year was full of people selling tickets to games, minutes/hours after the away tickets had gone on sale or sold out.

Obviously with regards to European away games with the vouchers, this has been improved and stops this from happening, but the standard cup/league tickets which are sent in the post are always going to be sold on if it's as easy as it currently is.

I'm currently on 18PP. Am travelling from Scotland to attend a 20% sold (televised fixture) versus a minow - so don't tell me I "pick and choose", because I don't.

I'm saying that until you have a system that guarantees the buyer is using the ticket, it will never be "fair". The european ticket process is slightly more complex, but it is fair.
How long you had a season ticket for? Out of how many of the 3000 tickets available do you see for sale on the ticket thread 5/6 so thats around 0.17% of tickets sold, do you enter every ballot?

Personally if i was in the bracket of 15-20ish points i'd be more pissed at the 10% ballot as they are the tickets that are getting lost on your points bracket, with 18PP that you are on, reckon you'd have got a ticket for every game this year if the 10% ballot wasnt taken

See you in Denmark :thup:
faubert93

Post by faubert93 »

Chavs wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:48 pm How long you had a season ticket for? Out of how many of the 3000 tickets available do you see for sale on the ticket thread 5/6 so thats around 0.17% of tickets sold, do you enter every ballot?

Personally if i was in the bracket of 15-20ish points i'd be more pissed at the 10% ballot as they are the tickets that are getting lost on your points bracket, with 18PP that you are on, reckon you'd have got a ticket for every game this year if the 10% ballot wasnt taken

See you in Denmark :thup:
Hi Chavs,

Yes I have had a season ticket for 12 years - have worked weekends for a long period of those 12 years so acted as i would like the system to work and didn't buy tickets for games I couldn't attend.

I enter every ballot but like you say, I am pissed that the ballot is even a thing - correct - more so than those that are sold on ticket thread - but it is still an issue. I'd also argue there's not just those on the ticket thread, you have those on twitter, those doing it through existing contacts etc - so it's going to be more than "0.17%".

Like you say, see you in Denmark and maybe you can question me a bit more in person?
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

faubert93 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:01 pm Hi Chavs,

Yes I have had a season ticket for 12 years - have worked weekends for a long period of those 12 years so acted as i would like the system to work and didn't buy tickets for games I couldn't attend.

I enter every ballot but like you say, I am pissed that the ballot is even a thing - correct - more so than those that are sold on ticket thread - but it is still an issue. I'd also argue there's not just those on the ticket thread, you have those on twitter, those doing it through existing contacts etc - so it's going to be more than "0.17%".

Like you say, see you in Denmark and maybe you can question me a bit more in person?
So thats the problem right, you do have to 'pick and choose' albeit work related the games you can fit in.

The ballot is a problem, corporate tickets are a problem, some people ( a small number when we are talking that West Ham get 3000 tickets to an average away game) sell on some tickets which is a problem, but its not as bad as people make out and again as we keep drumming it changed when the £30 tickets got introduced, 12 years ago Tottenham went to general sale and was £60 a pop and if you can go to every available game, enter every ballot, travel to the shitty northern ones that nobody wants to go to and then you will be grand with the points, problem then is you have to do it every year.

Happy days, aint got no questions to ask but happy to meet up just in case i need someone to sell my spares to :coolas:
faubert93

Post by faubert93 »

"The ballot is a problem, corporate tickets are a problem, some people ( a small number when we are talking that West Ham get 3000 tickets to an average away game) sell on some tickets which is a problem"

Then my original post stands then.

Also, like i said, I live in Scotland so the "shitty northern ones" are my bread and butter. I'll happily take them off you :lol: