Away Tickets Thread - Leverkusen S/O 51+ Pts

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2940 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Prague - SOLD OUT 24pts - Tickets now visible in your UEFA App

Post by the pink palermo »

Ilford Paolo wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:39 pm If you are near Ilford Maxcroft security (which I use for currency) on the A12 between Newbury park and Gants Hill gave me 2 Koruna more per £ than my local Post Office.
f*** me, their rates look good, i've just had a peep and it's well worth me trudging down there tomorrow to get some.

Cheers Ilford Paolo :newthumb:
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Prague - SOLD OUT 24pts - Tickets now visible in your UEFA App

Post by Phil S »

the pink palermo wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:51 pm **** me, their rates look good, i've just had a peep and it's well worth me trudging down there tomorrow to get some.

If they have any can you let me know please?

Ta
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

Card is definitely the way, if you have one without fees, Nationwide Flexplus is 27.509
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Up the Junction wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:16 pm Has anyone done a little research with regards to where to get the best deal for local currency?

Was going to hit to Post Office tomorrow (25.5 CZK to the GBP) but if there's any better deals available...
26.62 @ Thomas Exchange in the City
3times
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by 3times »

Eurochange 25.62 - £50 as pot money then card.

Revolut 27.45
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

I won’t be spending enough for it to make a huge difference but I signed up for one of those Monzo cards as I read you can use them without fees when abroad, so I’ll transfer money onto that before I go. Saves having to worry about cash.
GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by GALF »

I’ll probably Uber when not using the metro, and then use my usual card when spending money. I can’t be trusted around cash, I either lose it or consider it free money when on holiday. At Cottee says, I’m unlikely to be spending enough for it to make a real dent.
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

I can’t believe for one moment that this ‘quiet time’ thing won’t be relaxed for one night. I find it even harder to believe that a designated official fanzone won’t be showing the game.
GALF

Post by GALF »

Cottee wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:15 am I can’t believe for one moment that this ‘quiet time’ thing won’t be relaxed for one night. I find it even harder to believe that a designated official fanzone won’t be showing the game.
Has there been a suggestion that it won’t show the game? I’m sure I had read that it would be screening it.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Cottee wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:45 pm I won’t be spending enough for it to make a huge difference but I signed up for one of those Monzo cards as I read you can use them without fees when abroad, so I’ll transfer money onto that before I go. Saves having to worry about cash.
Monzos are cracking to use abroad, no fees when using and get a great rate, but if you are getting cash out you have a limit on the amount you can get out ‘free’ each month.

With credit cards, Halifax Clarity card is free to use abroad.
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

GALF wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:29 am Has there been a suggestion that it won’t show the game? I’m sure I had read that it would be screening it.
I posted that on the wrong thread, but there’s a bit of panic amongst fans as there’s not been any actual confirmation that the game will be shown there.
dal
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by dal »

I’ve got a Monzo for the trip. We fly to Vienna and are booked on the coach for £45 return
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

Centre Half wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:30 am Monzos are cracking to use abroad, no fees when using and get a great rate, but if you are getting cash out you have a limit on the amount you can get out ‘free’ each month.

With credit cards, Halifax Clarity card is free to use abroad.
Ever since dropping $300 on my way back to the airport in New York I just don’t do cash abroad anymore. This Monzo card came within a day and was added to my Apple Pay immediately so seems to be perfect for an idiot like me.
GALF

Post by GALF »

Cottee wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:32 am I posted that on the wrong thread, but there’s a bit of panic amongst fans as there’s not been any actual confirmation that the game will be shown there.
It’s a recipe for disaster if it doesn’t show the game. The club must know that even if UEFA don’t. A big deal has been made about how many ticketless fans there will be. If they’re all hoarded away from the centre to a venue that doesn’t show the game, there will be bedlam.

I cannot for the life of me find it, but unless my memory is playing tricks on me I am sure that I recall reading something about the fan park(s) having large screens that will show the game.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Cottee wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:34 am Ever since dropping $300 on my way back to the airport in New York I just don’t do cash abroad anymore. This Monzo card came within a day and was added to my Apple Pay immediately so seems to be perfect for an idiot like me.
Have a look in the settings on the Monzo app. You can really easily freeze the card in case you happen to lose it out there (or at any time in the future). Then you just need to enter your pin to unlock it once you have it back.

Definitely saved me a couple of times over the years!
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 406 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

the pink palermo wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:51 pm **** me, their rates look good, i've just had a peep and it's well worth me trudging down there tomorrow to get some.

Barely a five minute walk from my house so it''s really convenient as well as good value.If you are in that area the currency booth upstairs in the Exchange shopping centre (Cranbrook road entrance) has rates that I have found to be as good in the past for Romanian and Thai currency.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 406 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Phil S wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:55 pm If they have any can you let me know please?

Ta Mine were ready the next day and you can pay with a debit card.They know me and said they had quite a few other Hammers buying Czech currency there.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Phil, Southend might be better than Basildon for currency but it was a struggle to find anywhere with Czech crowns today. Mine is basically all in 1,000 crown notes.

The places I tried had all expected a rush and got extra in but still underestimated the demand.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

arlhe wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:26 pm Phil, Southend might be better than Basildon for currency but it was a struggle to find anywhere with Czech crowns today. Mine is basically all in 1,000 crown notes.

The places I tried had all expected a rush and got extra in but still underestimated the demand.
Actually picking some up in Southend on Monday. Cheers mate and also to Pinky who offered to pick some up for me.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

What's the "quiet time" referenced above? Something to do with bars in the city?