Away Tickets Thread - Leverkusen S/O 51+ Pts

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Leicester S/O

Post by Wembley1966 »

browney83 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:25 am Has anyone received their Man United away tickets yet?
Got mine Saturday with a week's worth of other post.

There's a list of sorting offices where there's delays in post deliveries:
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12556/~/service-update
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:10 pm I am calling out a start point of 58+ pts for this one, should have 1500 tickets ish
Still think it’ll be closer to a 1000 (official allocation 966) & start point will be around 62 with short purchase windows, as they won’t want the grief of a last point scramble again, that way they can pull the plug once it reaches the point where tickets won’t supply all the next point total.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Don't forget the 20% the club will take off.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Reading had 1470 so we should get that.
1250 terrace, 220 seats.
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

brownout wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:31 am Reading had 1470 so we should get that.
1250 terrace, 220 seats.
What they give anyone else is fact but not policy.
Competition rules allow us 966, if they are unable to sell out to home fans so be it give visitors more, but they would sell this out without giving us any, so why allow a one off sale & miss out on a potential new home fan who may become a regular, giving us over the max doesn’t make any business sense whatsoever, unless it’s a segregation issue.
I could be totally wrong 🤞 I am, but we will know very soon.
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

I believe segregation means we should get the same as Reading. Why it's taking so long to release ticket details for a 6.5k capacity stadium though is beyond me.
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

Cottee wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 amWhy it's taking so long to release ticket details for a 6.5k capacity stadium though is beyond me.
Karren’s still working out how many she needs to take off of us lot to keep her business partners happy
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

West Ham Dave wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:28 am unless it’s a segregation issue.
There was a bit of nonsense at the Reading game, wasn't there? So that may be a factor too.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Cottee wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 am I believe segregation means we should get the same as Reading. Why it's taking so long to release ticket details for a 6.5k capacity stadium though is beyond me.
Rumour is they tried to get it moved to us, so that might explain a bit of the hold up, I think announced Thursday for a Friday sale date
brownout

Post by brownout »

West Ham Dave wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:28 am What they give anyone else is fact but not policy.
Competition rules allow us 966, if they are unable to sell out to home fans so be it give visitors more, but they would sell this out without giving us any, so why allow a one off sale & miss out on a potential new home fan who may become a regular, giving us over the max doesn’t make any business sense whatsoever, unless it’s a segregation issue.
I could be totally wrong 🤞 I am, but we will know very soon.
Reading had the whole of the away end terrace - as we did in 1994. I'm not sure if it can be split. I hope not.
And I would assume that they will be expected to give us some seats.
As you say, Kidderminster may prefer to keep as many tickets as possible for their own fans but hopefully logistics of the ground will mean they can't sell part of the usual away area to home fans.
London Fields Hammer
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by London Fields Hammer »

brownout wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:30 pm As you say, Kidderminster may prefer to keep as many tickets as possible for their own fans but hopefully logistics of the ground will mean they can't sell part of the usual away area to home fans.
This is a much bigger day for their fans than ours. I haven't got enough pp's to stand a chance of getting a ticket so it's easy for me to say, but I think they should not have to give up any normal home seats for us.
brownout

Post by brownout »

London Fields Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 pm This is a much bigger day for their fans than ours. I haven't got enough pp's to stand a chance of getting a ticket so it's easy for me to say, but I think they should not have to give up any normal home seats for us.
Their average home attendance is 1731 so it shouldn't be the regular fans who miss out. This sort of match attracts many people who have rarely if ever been to a game but of course there is always the potential that they might be hooked and become regular fans.

I haven't missed an FA Cup match at which we've been allowed fans since Macclesfield in 2002, so am hoping we get as high an allocation as possible and that my 50 points is enough. Not optimistic though.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Anyone heard from the Leicester ballot?
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

And still no Kidderminster news. Ten days+ just to find out I'm not going to be able to get a ticket.
brownout

Post by brownout »

Cottee wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:15 pm And still no Kidderminster news. Ten days+ just to find out I'm not going to be able to get a ticket.
Nothing on Kidderminster's website about their tickets either.
Maybe still discussing allocation, segregation etc.
Obviously enabling fans to make plans for travel (or a free Saturday) are not a priority.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

I am calling it for tomorrow and then tickets released at 3pm on Saturday
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Unless you are an AST holder then imo you should forget about Kidderminster.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:54 pm Unless you are an AST holder then imo you should forget about Kidderminster.
I think that is a realistic opinion if the allocation is around the 1k figure that none will go on sale as tickets just need to be distributed to away AST, this is possibly why there is no rush to put the details up.

I have over 60 points and in recent seasons with the exception of Cheltenham I have not even come close to getting a ticket for away games with these amounts, if any do go on sale to points based on my points and past experiences I would expect to start at 65+.
Last edited by Dwight1970 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

If Reading got 1500 I don't see no reason why we shouldn't get that either.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

TommyHammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 pm If Reading got 1500 I don't see no reason why we shouldn't get that either.
Comments from Kidderminster fans seem to suggest that they believe the delay has been over the pricing structure that the clubs can't agree on, their owners see the fixture as an opportunity to cash in on based on the corporate seats already sold, there were some eye watering numbers for the standing tickets already being bandied about.

From the West Ham end I can only assume that with AST automatically taking up the vast majority of any allocation they can still be processed and dispatched going into next week, then with no or a very limited allocation for points sales there is little need for a large window for them to be sold.