Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fambridgeiron
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Chelsea on Sale Fri @ 9am 34pts +

Post by fambridgeiron »

Tophammer wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:06 pm Anyone who travels to Denmark will get a ticket. I doubt there will be 1,100 travelling, I reckon half of that.
Well we took a chance on a £30 flight a fortnight ago and we cant apply until Thursday so lets hope your right.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

Thinking of driving if I can get a couple of passengers to share the costs but got the issue with annual leave so might have to work from Denmark on Friday before leaving.
EastHam56
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by EastHam56 »

danm79 , would be interested , live in barking

seem to remember clarkson doing it in about 10 hours in a merc some years ago

i,m retired so no rush to get back
danm79

Post by danm79 »

EastHam56 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 pm danm79 , would be interested , live in barking

seem to remember clarkson doing it in about 10 hours in a merc some years ago

i,m retired so no rush to get back
Sent you a message.

Frankfurt was 6hrs, Ljubljana 12hrs so I reckon about 10 is correct.
Huggie
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Huggie »

danm79 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:13 pm Sent you a message.

Frankfurt was 6hrs, Ljubljana 12hrs so I reckon about 10 is correct.
Frankfurt in 6 hours. I'm not going in your car if you drive at those speeds. It's almost 500 miles!
danm79

Post by danm79 »

Huggie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 pm Frankfurt in 6 hours. I'm not going in your car if you drive at those speeds. It's almost 500 miles!
Should have said was quoting from Calais, it was 375 miles lol
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3034 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Viborg Away ticket secured , despite the phone lines being closed the exact moment we were supposed to ring up for the ticket.

You couldn't make it up.
danm79

Post by danm79 »

Would put a word of caution out there to make sure you buy the away ticket and not the home
danm79

Post by danm79 »

Also remember the travel form.
Tophammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Tophammer »

Good news that the club are going to clamp down on uncollected tickets and people buying tickets and not turning up for these Europe away games, just to accumulate more points. Gives supporters the opportunity to get tickets who have the intention to actually travel.
Phil S
Has liked: 463 likes
Total likes: 386 likes

Post by Phil S »

Tophammer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 pm Good news that the club are going to clamp down on uncollected tickets and people buying tickets and not turning up for these Europe away games, just to accumulate more points. Gives supporters the opportunity to get tickets who have the intention to actually travel.
Are they? Where did you see / hear that mate?
Tophammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Tophammer »

Phil S wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:38 pm Are they? Where did you see / hear that mate?
I bought 4 tickets for me and my pals at 1pm and was probed about it and if we was actually going, seemed strange. She went on to say a couple of away games abroad last season they had around 20-30 uncollected for some games and any uncollected tickets for Europe away games the season ticket refs will be suspended and points taken.
I make them right about this as gives supporters the opportunity to build there points up if they're making the effort to travel.
597Don
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by 597Don »

I was one who never picked up my ticket in Seville as I tested positive for Covid the day before the game, I imagine this was the reason that most tickets were not picked up. Believe me I tried my upmost to make sure a genuine fan got my ticket, but the club would not release it to anyone else despite me contacting them and asking them to do so, as I had a mate a fellow season ticket holder who I would have traveled with, who had no ticket who was desperate to take it, what a waste.
farmerham
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by farmerham »

Tophammer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:06 pm I bought 4 tickets for me and my pals at 1pm and was probed about it and if we was actually going, seemed strange. She went on to say a couple of away games abroad last season they had around 20-30 uncollected for some games and any uncollected tickets for Europe away games the season ticket refs will be suspended and points taken.
I make them right about this as gives supporters the opportunity to build there points up if they're making the effort to travel.
No Chance they could suspend your account. There will be many reasons people couldn't collect-Illness,Travel distruption and last minute changes of schedule and work
Phil S
Has liked: 463 likes
Total likes: 386 likes

Post by Phil S »

People turned up to collect tickets in Frankfurt last season with their vouchers and were told they didn't have any tickets left..As far as I'm aware they weren't recompensed for their travel etc (ticket cost were as I understand)

So if you can't make it, delayed flight, covid, whatever yep, take away the point but suspend your account, jeez.

this club...

As above, another poster was ill and missed a Europe away and West Ham refused to re-allocate the ticket, despite hundreds of fans out there busting for a ticket.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

When I contacted the club a few days before the Genk away game to notify them I had COVID (and very ill from it) with the hope they would reallocate the ticket I was told they couldn't do anything about it!

I still don't entirely get this buying points stuff, especially for an away overseas game where you have to collect tickets in person so it's obvious you haven't collected it.
danm79

Post by danm79 »

Kialos wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm When I contacted the club a few days before the Genk away game to notify them I had COVID (and very ill from it) with the hope they would reallocate the ticket I was told they couldn't do anything about it!

I still don't entirely get this buying points stuff, especially for an away overseas game where you have to collect tickets in person so it's obvious you haven't collected it.
I wonder if they are expecting this to go relatively low so are trying to put people off. I noticed they have given up on the voucher numbers when buying the ticket.

Are there PP for the home game?
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Yes, I got 1 point for the home Viborg game. I am away for the away leg so can't go. I think a lot of people are on holiday at the moment and also finances are going to play a big part this season. As you know, many people spent extra thousands on the away EL games, taking everything into account. I doubt everyone will be able to do the same this season
danm79

Post by danm79 »

Kialos wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:30 pm Yes, I got 1 point for the home Viborg game. I am away for the away leg so can't go. I think a lot of people are on holiday at the moment and also finances are going to play a big part this season. As you know, many people spent extra thousands on the away EL games, taking everything into account. I doubt everyone will be able to do the same this season
If we get to the group games I will only be able to make 2 due to lack of annual leave, doesn't help having to take half a day for Liverpool away either so I think you are right for the group games.

Plus could end up with places like Cyprus in half-term or Eastern Europe which are a small fortune on there own.
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

Kialos wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm When I contacted the club a few days before the Genk away game to notify them I had COVID (and very ill from it) with the hope they would reallocate the ticket I was told they couldn't do anything about it!

It’s nonsense. Who pays £30 just for a point? This is when the point hoarding argument becomes laughable.