Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Chelsea on Sale Fri @ 9am 34pts +

Post by Cottee »

faubert93 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:42 pm The matchday ticket thread last year was full of people selling tickets to games, minutes/hours after the away tickets had gone on sale or sold out.
'Full of' is stretching the truth quite some way to be fair. You'll always get the odd ASTH listing them straight away if they know they can't attend, as they're obliged to buy the ticket with no returns permitted. I think the buying/selling for points is an issue though, albeit not to the extent that the 'closed shop' moaners would like to believe.

The club aren't going to ask for ID and tick off every name as they walk through the away turnstile, nor are they going to make 3k collect their tickets from the ground every other week. So I'm not sure how they can police everyone who buys a ticket to make sure they actually attend.

The PP scheme has worked for years and as chavs said, was never an issue until the price cap. Now apparently it's unfair and needs to be scrapped and 'made fairer'. Yet nobody ever seems to be able to come up with an alternative that doesn't shaft those who have spent years building up their PP.
E15Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Re: Away Tickets - On sale now Viborg 10+ pts - Everton on sale 19/8

Post by E15Iron »

There isn't a way that will please everyone. People obviously purchase tickets and sell them on to build points, however what's the alternative?

If you have low points, then ballots, home cup games, away cup games to Sunderland on a Tuesday night in the middle of winter is how to build.
Tophammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Chelsea on Sale Fri @ 9am 34pts +

Post by Tophammer »

Cottee wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:23 pm 'Full of' is stretching the truth quite some way to be fair. You'll always get the odd ASTH listing them straight away if they know they can't attend, as they're obliged to buy the ticket with no returns permitted. I think the buying/selling for points is an issue though, albeit not to the extent that the 'closed shop' moaners would like to believe.

The club aren't going to ask for ID and tick off every name as they walk through the away turnstile, nor are they going to make 3k collect their tickets from the ground every other week. So I'm not sure how they can police everyone who buys a ticket to make sure they actually attend.

The PP scheme has worked for years and as chavs said, was never an issue until the price cap. Now apparently it's unfair and needs to be scrapped and 'made fairer'. Yet nobody ever seems to be able to come up with an alternative that doesn't shaft those who have spent years building up their PP.
Like you said its impossible to police for games in the UK and most likely the reason why they're going to be hot on seeing any uncollected tickets for the game in Denmark.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

I think that the use of NFC tickets will become a requirement across the PL within a season or two and away tickets will be issued using this system. This will remove the need for paper tickets to be distributed and will make the passing on of tickets very difficult if not impossible without the club knowing.
Phil S
Has liked: 459 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Viborg away match down to claret members
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

Phil S wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:26 am Viborg away match down to claret members
Just bought a membership so I can buy a ticket for the Viborg game but the website is telling me the game isn't open to me.....

Anyone know if you need to have been a member for a certain time period before the tickets went on sale?

Similar anyone know how much the tickets are?
Phil S

Post by Phil S »

stu1 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:32 pm Just bought a membership so I can buy a ticket for the Viborg game but the website is telling me the game isn't open to me.....

Anyone know if you need to have been a member for a certain time period before the tickets went on sale?

Similar anyone know how much the tickets are?
Strange, try refreshing or go to the ticket office tomorrow if you can
£30
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

Phil S wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:47 pm Strange, try refreshing or go to the ticket office tomorrow if you can
£30
Thanks

Just typical West Ham website then!

I’ve currently been on hold for 50 minutes, now 13th in the queue down from 27.

:asleep:
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

stu1 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:32 pm Anyone know if you need to have been a member for a certain time period before the tickets went on sale
Think your find until WH update their link to the TicketMaster website the TM system has no idea your entitled to a ticket, best hope is call or visit the T/O & politely ask em to get their finger out
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 763 likes

Re: Away Tickets - On sale now Viborg MEMBERS!!! - Everton on sale 29 + PTS

Post by Chavs »

How the f*** has this Viborg game made members :crylol:

I am so bad at this guess the attendance!
Pentonville
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Re: Away Tickets - On sale now Viborg MEMBERS!!! - Everton on sale 29 + PTS

Post by Pentonville »

I’m surprised Viborg has got down to the members, but then again there are plenty of reasons why that should be the case. I was planning to go myself with my 31 pts, but looking at the cost of flights to Aarhus which were artificially inflated for the game at nearly £200 ( next week they are back down to the regular £54 return on Ryanair); hotel costs also have gone up massively across Europe, double what they were last year;it’s in August when we are still short of money following summer holidays; the anticipation of huge energy bills in a few weeks time, etc. Football has to take a backseat in the real world of the cost of living rises. Plus, there is the second year in Europe syndrome, and in this third level competition. I really enjoyed the experience of going to Seville and Lyon, big cities, big stadia, big atmosphere. But a visit to a market town in Denmark doesn’t really have the same draw. I’ll wait, like I suspect most of us will, for the group stages hoping for a nice trip to Nice, for example.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Re: Away Tickets - On sale now Viborg MEMBERS!!! - Everton on sale 29 + PTS

Post by the pink palermo »

Our supporters generally have been magnificent for the European campaigns, a lower turnout once in a while is no disgrace.

Of far greater concern to the club ought to be the half empty stadium for the home leg.The rail strike provided an excuse, but the price of the tickets way over the top.

To those who are going to Viborg, safe travels.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Pentonville wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:58 pm I’ll wait, like I suspect most of us will, for the group stages hoping for a nice trip to Nice, for example.
I said that and then walked past a soothsayer who burst into uncontrollable cackles.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:56 pm I said that and then walked past a soothsayer who burst into uncontrollable cackles.
How many you going out Doc, i thought my lot would be all over it but turns out i was wrong
Pentonville
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Pentonville »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:56 pm I said that and then walked past a soothsayer who burst into uncontrollable cackles.
That’s a quote either from Monty Python or Game of Thrones, but too cryptic for me.
Phil S

Post by Phil S »

Viborg sold out

Good effort that
Mod Life Crisis
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by Mod Life Crisis »

Pleasantly surprised at this and makes my earlier prediction of 500 seem very silly. Great to see this many going and am delighted for the members able to enjoy a trip to Europe. Looking forward to this.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Guys, what's that school called where you can park, about 15 minutes walk to Villa Park?

I've parked there half a dozen or so times but forgotten its name and can't find it for google maps.

Cheers in advance.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

PF. wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:37 am Guys, what's that school called where you can park, about 15 minutes walk to Villa Park?

I've parked there half a dozen or so times but forgotten its name and can't find it for google maps.

Cheers in advance.
King Edwards VI Aston School B6 6DJ
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

That's the one. Thanks mate.