Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Over Land and Sea

Post by Chavs »

Cottee wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:36 pm Allocation has put me off going to the QF, my boy has 54 points and with a likely allocation of 1k I'm not risking it.
Spurs got 983 in 2017
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

bishbosh2 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:39 pm So I believe...

Gent - 1007 tickets
Anderlecht - 1125 tickets
AZ - less than 1000 (although they gave Dundee 1300 in the qualifiers after negotiation - not sure they'd be as kind for a SF!)
FFS that AZ allocation in particular is dreadful for a Semi Final. Be a massive bun fight for those tickets.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 575 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

FWIW Anderlecht away was an allocation of 1,132 and sold out to 40 points (don't know what the equivalent point threshold would be for that now.)
bishbosh2
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by bishbosh2 »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:01 pm FFS that AZ allocation in particular is dreadful for a Semi Final. Be a massive bun fight for those tickets.
Man Utd played there in 2019 and only got 750. But the stadium has gone through some renovation since then, Dundee Utd were given 975 for their qualifier and managed to get it up to 1300. Looks like it kicked off outside the ground though so that probably won't help our case of requesting a bigger allocation!
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

bishbosh2 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:29 pm Man Utd played there in 2019 and only got 750. But the stadium has gone through some renovation since then, Dundee Utd were given 975 for their qualifier and managed to get it up to 1300. Looks like it kicked off outside the ground though so that probably won't help our case of requesting a bigger allocation!
If the club play the same corporate "tricks" they did in Frankfurt an allocation of about 900/1000 will barely get past away STHs
Phil S
Has liked: 463 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

TommyHammer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:19 pm FWIW Anderlecht away was an allocation of 1,132 and sold out to 40 points (don't know what the equivalent point threshold would be for that now.)
It started at AST with 52 points which was max at that time then down to normal points

I got mine on 47 and they sold out at 40

Had to wait over the weekend to see if it went down to 47
Was a horrible wait.

Difficult to judge now, later in the competition, Gent easy to get to...sweating again but I'm still going.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

An expensive little trip this one. £303 each on the Eurostar (Wed-Fri) after flights jumped to £350+ return.
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

Due to the smaller allocations I'm going to assume that there will be a priority given to those who have travelled before.
browney83
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by browney83 »

No chance. They won't care about that. All the corporate ticket holders will start to get interested now.
TommyHammer

Post by TommyHammer »

Cottee wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:21 pm Due to the smaller allocations I'm going to assume that there will be a priority given to those who have travelled before.
I don't think they'd do that. The only time they have done that is when Vienna got cancelled and people had tickets, so they gave priority to those for the Seville game.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

I agonised over whether to buy flights at 1.15 and bottled it as I have 43 points and little chance of a ticket. Having done Brussels and Antwerp city breaks x 2 and Gent /Bruges as well the cost without a match ticket doesn't work for me.Will probably regret it.
TommyHammer

Post by TommyHammer »

With a 1k allocation what points do people think it will go down to? And do you think the club will negotiate a higher allocation?
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

Cottee wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:21 pm Due to the smaller allocations I'm going to assume that there will be a priority given to those who have travelled before.
I would think that most ASTs and high points holders will have done a lot of these so probably doesn't change things particularly, will be all about the corporates.

One positive is that it is Easter so a probably means a % of people will be on holiday and also I think it is a 1000 tickets + player allocation as I believe they are in a different section from researching.

I would guess trouble in Genk and Anderlecht will mean the police stopping any additional allocation.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:30 pm If the club play the same corporate "tricks" they did in Frankfurt an allocation of about 900/1000 will barely get past away STHs
For your information, the Club London corporate allocation does not get sorted until after the Bond Holders, AST’s, Players, Wives and staff, and BM6/Box holders have been allocated, as far as I’ve been told.
Tickets are not guaranteed.
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

upton girlie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:02 pm For your information, the Club London corporate allocation does not get sorted until after the Bond Holders, AST’s, Players, Wives and staff, and BM6/Box holders have been allocated, as far as I’ve been told.
That’s 100% correct UG
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

upton girlie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:02 pm For your information, the Club London corporate allocation does not get sorted until after ... Players, Wives and staff,
Have these tended to be a completely separate allocation for EL/ECL games? Have that suspicion as I know someone that used some of Nobe's tickets for Lyon and they weren't in with the main group of fans.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:26 pm Have these tended to be a completely separate allocation for EL/ECL games? Have that suspicion as I know someone that used some of Nobe's tickets for Lyon and they weren't in with the main group of fans.
I seem to recall that for Lyon away, a few of us were contacted to see if we would wanted to sit (and pay extra for) in the Corporate seats.
It was very lastminutedotcom. Maybe a day or two before the match.
If players families don’t want to/cannot attend then I assume those are those available tickets.
Please don’t quote me on this, I am assuming and using common sense.
TommyHammer

Post by TommyHammer »

Obviously not confirmed but would be great if true.
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

upton girlie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:02 pm For your information, the Club London corporate allocation does not get sorted until after the Bond Holders, AST’s, Players, Wives and staff, and BM6/Box holders have been allocated, as far as I’ve been told.
Why should Players, Wives and staff, and BM6/Box holders get a ticket before those of us who travel up and down the country and around Europe every week? Fine if they are elsewhere in the ground like they were at Lyon but its when they are in the main end that winds me up. I know for a fact there were people in the main away end at Frankfurt with tickets courtesy of a former player who hasnt played for us 20 years.

I'd bet a good sum of money that a Club London member has a better chance of getting a ticket for the final in Prague than someone on 20-30 points all because they have a few extra quid and its bang out of order.
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

TommyHammer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:15 pm Obviously not confirmed but would be great if true.
Don't understand the maths on this, how does one block increase our allocation by 50%.
And what three blocks on that map are they referring to?