Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 645 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Prague - SOLD OUT 24pts - FILL IN YOUR TRAVEL FORMS

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Looking at that spreadsheet there has to be some people who had all of the home points from last season and then decided to take a punt on picking up every ticket possible at the start of the season in the hope of something like this.

They are on 24 points. Talk about timing!
super slav
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by super slav »

Uefa have scored a big own goal they are a good few million down on possible gate receipts.

Good luck to all you who are going keep safe and do us proud!
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Kialos wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:53 pm OK, so this is the last away ticket spreadsheet for this season. I hope it has been of use to some of you.
Thanks for doing this. It has been very useful and interesting.

Forest and Villa having the highest percentage of maximum of the approx. 3000 allocations does tend to suggest that as was claimed at the time, an error in the system allowed some people to buy without points.

Interesting that my friend who ended the season on 22 could only have got a ticket for some of the European aways, Derby (which he was going to until they moved it until Monday night) and Man Utd in the cup (which was also midweek). He applied for all the London games and a few others in the ballot but was only successful for Brighton. I suspect that for quite a few of those in the 20s, luck in ballots was a factor in whether they managed to get a ticket for the final. To stay above the mid 20s requires a level of commitment in going to games out of London and to get to that level from a low start means going to some less popular matches and even then it’s not easy.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:00 pm Looking at that spreadsheet there has to be some people who had all of the home points from last season and then decided to take a punt on picking up every ticket possible at the start of the season in the hope of something like this.

Spreadsheet makes me feel better.

Even if I'd of brought tickets to every available away game on my starting points I still wouldn't have made it

Shame it's not in a proper stadium final worthy but good luck to those that are going.

May those who brought to resell or pass on rot in hell :crylol:

That's in jest in case any take offence, and I have been away (put in miles) just always when someone "has a spare"
Duke
Location: NW London, where the streets have no claret (except me!)
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Duke »

Kialos wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:53 pm OK, so this is the last away ticket spreadsheet for this season. I hope it has been of use to some of you.
Not knocking those who got, but this shows that if you're not 'in the club' you can't get into the club. I've had STs for 20 years and used to go away before i had kids. Now my son is older and wants to come to away games with me, we simply can't get tickets as we can never get enough priority points to get them and the home points for Cup etc. don't help you to catch up whilst the 10% ballot is impossible. So how do you get in (except buying from other fans, where they get the PPs and you don't)?

Wishing all those who travel a great trip, but i'll be really upset if i see tickets for the West Ham seats on the reseller sites. I've now got to decide if i travel ticketless, though a bit concerned that it's got all the makings of a complete :thdn: show outside of the ground as there'll be so many ticketless of both clubs outside. Well done UEFA, you really learned the lessons of last year, didn't you :chin:
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

Well done to those with a ticket. I missed out due to lack of points.

I do have a spare cheap flight from Gatwick and free accommodation (as my son cannot now go) if anyone has a spare ticket?

DM me if anyone is interested.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Duke wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:39 pm Not knocking those who got, but this shows that if you're not 'in the club' you can't get into the club.
Wasn’t there a post on this in this thread? From a starting point of 0 at the start of last season, a supporter would have had enough points for a high number of games - pretty sure enough to secure a ticket in Prague.

Do appreciate your frustration but you can get into ‘the club’ - it may take a couple of years to do so, but it is possible.
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Sorry not tickets but if anyone needs hotel room for Tues & Weds night central Prague I’ve been let down on 3 rooms 🤬
Their £200 per room inc breakfast, but need payment before Sunday the last day I can cancel em.
PM me if U want more information
Duke
Location: NW London, where the streets have no claret (except me!)
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Duke »

Not sure that's true. I go to every cup game and have what i believe is currently the max for home only - 17 pts. Gets you nowhere close for away tickets (needed 20+ since start of season) and 8 short of Prague. Ultimately, it's UEFA's fault, but its a bitter pill for the loyalty.
officeboy
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 127 likes

Post by officeboy »

PF. wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:46 pm Wasn’t there a post on this in this thread? From a starting point of 0 at the start of last season, a supporter would have had enough points for a high number of games - pretty sure enough to secure a ticket in Prague.

Do appreciate your frustration but you can get into ‘the club’ - it may take a couple of years to do so, but it is possible.
i think the away European group games could give people a boost towards being in the club (especially a club where there are more than 3 thousand tickets) that would not exist in other seasons

Getting to the more local away games, certainly without European football, would take quite a long while I think

Some of the away European games only got to low points/general sale a couple of day before the game which made it more tricky (not impossible, admittedly) to suddenly be able to ditch work and get out there to see it (and gain the point)
Danny's Dyer Acting

I think a new ST holder this season who couldn't afford any foreign trips would have ended the season on ten points. A similar performance from the team next season and finding the money for a couple of European aways (I know that's easier said than done) puts you in the low 20s by the end of the season.

Then you're away.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:00 pm Looking at that spreadsheet there has to be some people who had all of the home points from last season and then decided to take a punt on picking up every ticket possible at the start of the season in the hope of something like this.

As others are saying/implying, my 19 points are mostly from cup home cup games in the last two years; without being incredibly lucky in the ballots, doubt that I could have reached 24 points even trying to go to every away game over the two years. Anyway, good luck to those who have tickets. See you amidst the tear gas in Wenceslas Square!
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

Well done to all those who managed a ticket on 24 points⚒️

Sounds like it was all managed very well.

I sit frustrated on 23 but to be honest I’d given up hope last night and today was an absolute tease thinking there was a glimmer of hope it would drop to 23.

Now to reluctantly try and source an above face value ticket which in principle is so wrong but when is the next time I’ll see the hammers in a final let alone a European one!
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:04 pm See you amidst the tear gas in Wenceslas Square!
Lets hope not - I'll have to close the hotel balcony door. :crylol:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Some wild optimists hoping for tickets in the ticket forum has made me smile.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:04 pm As others are saying/implying, my 19 points are mostly from cup home cup games in the last two years; without being incredibly lucky in the ballots, doubt that I could have reached 24 points even trying to go to every away game over the two years. Anyway, good luck to those who have tickets. See you amidst the tear gas in Wenceslas Square!
I'm on 19 as well.

Viborg, Silkeborg, FCSB, Derby, Man U, Larnaca - all attainable from our starting points and would have put us both on 25.
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Duke wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:53 pm Not sure that's true. I go to every cup game and have what i believe is currently the max for home only - 17 pts. Gets you nowhere close for away tickets (needed 20+ since start of season) and 8 short of Prague. Ultimately, it's UEFA's fault, but its a bitter pill for the loyalty.
Double points for FA Cup & League Cup if your in the season ticket automatic cup scheme, so that makes it 19 max (I think).
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Well I’m going to Prague regardless. I’ll be mostly eating chocolate bars in the hope that I find willy wonkas last golden ticket. But I like chocolate so who’s the winner now?
In your face skinny people.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:08 pm I'm on 19 as well.

Viborg, Silkeborg, FCSB, Derby, Man U, Larnaca - all attainable from our starting points and would have put us both on 25.
I think you could have got Man U (LC) and Burnley (PL) and think maybe one other (maybe Newcastle) last season.

That would have meant also getting City and Leeds this year.

I reckon a new ST holder last season on the Home Cup scheme going to every possible away game could have been on 30pp and with a little bit of luck in the ballots would have been in the 31+ window.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:08 pm I'm on 19 as well.

You have to add a bit of realism to the examples to be fair... Think one of the posters saying he now wanted to go with his son.

Those particular games cost/times in the middle of a cost of living crisis (apparently) doesn't question someone's loyality for the club just their bank balance.

I've been offered up to 5 tickets for Sunday's game, it sold out on 34pp.... Haven't been offered any for Prague

It's the system and if I was in that position would do the same at £30 a pop with often big demand but let's not pretend or mislead about how easy it is to "catch up"

The goal posts have been move to from saying "you should have gone to Newcastle on a Wednesday night" to "you should have gone to Cyprus on a Thursday night with 3 days notice" :grin: