Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Prague - SOLD OUT 24pts - FILL IN YOUR TRAVEL FORMS

Post by ornchurch ammer »

danm79 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:49 pm Looks like we could well be subject to ID checks, I assume the name just needs to match, it’s not clear but don’t really want to take my passport to the game.

‘Security checks will be in place in the area around the stadium. All fans will be subject to a search, so you must always have a valid form of ID with you (passport or national ID card) in addition to your match ticket. Please take the original rather than just a copy’

Interesting that I seems your ticket will only be activated once inside the stadium security area, it means know one will actually know what a ticket looks like until 6pm on Matchday, I would assume to stop any fake tickets.

Sounds way more organised than last year.
I don’t think I’ll be carrying my passport around with me all day and night in a city renowned for its pickpockets.
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

hammers92 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:06 pm Mods, is it ok if I offer sexual services in exchange for a ticket?
No good mate..a presenter off the TV tried that and look what's happened to him.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

brownout wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:03 pm Does that mean it won't be sent to the UEFA app until a few hours before the match?
That seems to be a recipe for all sorts of problems if anyone, or the UEFA, have IT issues.
No you download it but seems it’s activated at the stadium which will reveal the QR code. Basically it is half hidden until activated is how I understand it.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:06 pm I don’t think I’ll be carrying my passport around with me all day and night in a city renowned for its pickpockets.
That was my thoughts, I might email UEFA and change it to my driving licence to be safe anyway.
officeboy
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by officeboy »

Not sure if this is a stupid question, but what is the situation with travel forms?

I am not aware of being asked to complete one - or where to send one even if I had seen one :eh:
OnTheBall
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by OnTheBall »

danm79 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:30 pm No you download it but seems it’s activated at the stadium which will reveal the QR code. Basically it is half hidden until activated is how I understand it.
That's what happened at the Nations League Finals in Portugal in 2019, the tests after that at Wembley, then the Euros - so I'd say so!
Superhags2012
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Superhags2012 »

officeboy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:05 pm Not sure if this is a stupid question, but what is the situation with travel forms?

I am not aware of being asked to complete one - or where to send one even if I had seen one :eh:
https://www.whufc.com/tickets/away-matc ... ham-united

Says on here to fill one in there's a link to it too. Don't think it'll make a difference though considering uefa are doing the ticketing.
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 300 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

ID won’t be required at the ground. Especially when most people would’ve had there ticket sent to them by someone else
GALF
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by GALF »

danm79 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:30 pm No you download it but seems it’s activated at the stadium which will reveal the QR code. Basically it is half hidden until activated is how I understand it.
Pretty sure they did this at the Nations League out in Porto a few years back. At least I seem to recall it was something like that. Worked fine at the time.
light n bitter
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by light n bitter »

Thanks Albie and danm.
Odessa
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

Is anyone else struggling with West Ham’s European travel form? I’ve filled out every detail but it won’t submit.
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

officeboy
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by officeboy »

Boleyn_Hammer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:58 pm
I suspect the non transferable bit is not actually strictly true
GALF
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by GALF »

I don’t believe the non-transferable part. Aren’t all tickets on a single booking sent to the person who placed the order, for them to transfer? Unless there is a specific identifier the holder of the ticket could be anybody.

It seems the process will follow that of the Nations League in Portugal. I’m quite sure I received all tickets as the person who booked for my group, and distributed them no problem. Don’t recall them having any specific identifier on any of them. I may be mis-remembering mind you.
The Straw
Has liked: 595 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by The Straw »

If it's the same as last year they are absolutely transferrable. I had three tickets for the final and transferred them all to my Rangers mate (and his mum and bro) via the UEFA app. Was simple.
Tino
Has liked: 5 likes

Post by Tino »

If anyone needs accommodation then I have a decent one-bedroom apartment in Old Town that I can’t use.
June 4-8th but stay any nights you want. Cost £526 originally but will take an offer
Booked for 2 adults but beds for up to 5 (king size, single and sofa bed)
See https://www.pragueresidences.com/en/4-Trees-Apartments/
NotTheSpecialOne
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by NotTheSpecialOne »

For those asking about how the tickets will work and how they get activated at the stadium, take a look at the YouTube video in the FAQs on the UEFA mobile ticket app.

It is as others have said - ticket delivered to your phone onto the UEFA mobile ticket app via email link and an activation code. Then at a checkpoint at the stadium you show the ticket on your phone and a steward activates it for the match. Only once they have done that is the ticket validated and you can get through the turnstiles. Suggests to me that you will struggle to get in the vicinity of the stadium without a ticket.

FAQs also say that you transfer tickets to someone by sending to their email via the app on your phone and they then get an email with a link to the app and an activation code for the ticket. They then will be able to see the ticket in the app on their phone. Once a ticket is transferred from your phone it is deleted from the app in your device so make sure you enter the correct email address when transferring to others.
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Seems a bit pointless asking those with tickets to fill in a travel form without tickets if there are going to be 20,000 without tickets who won’t be completing them.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

brownout wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:13 pm Seems a bit pointless asking those with tickets to fill in a travel form without tickets if there are going to be 20,000 without tickets who won’t be completing them.
Doesn't stop West Ham being nosy... :D
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Odessa wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:44 pm Is anyone else struggling with West Ham’s European travel form? I’ve filled out every detail but it won’t submit.
Have all the boxes turned green, or are any still red? If red there is something wrong with the information submitted there or the format you have typed.