Away Tickets Thread - Leverkusen S/O 51+ Pts

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - The Europa fear, is back

Post by hammerman11 »

so I am thinking of going away but no chance of a ticket . any idea where they will show the game for us ticketless hammers ?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:41 am so I am thinking of going away but no chance of a ticket . any idea where they will show the game for us ticketless hammers ?
If the other Belgian trips are anything to go by you wont be allowed to be anywhere near the stadium without a ticket, they actively discourage ticketless fans from going over.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Belgium has in recent years seen an upturn in domestic football hooliganism, which resulted, earlier this season, in a ban on away fans in domestic competitions.

Their police are likely to have a say in the arrangements concerning tickets for teams from overseas as well as how long bars stay open after games etc.

Last year in GENK, the bars in two local towns were shut immediately after the match finished.

Ghent, a larger town, may see different rules applied but even so I expect a draconian police presence and tightly controlled supporters.

For Anderlecht this season there was a huge police showing.

I really wouldn't hold out much hope for there being many more than 1150 tickets, and of those maybe 150 in the Ghent "posh seats" allocated to the club for players, directors and sponsors ( plus a few high rollers from the lounges).

I reckon 200 to Bondholders, 400 to ASTH, and 400 to high pointers and that will be it.
bishbosh2
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by bishbosh2 »

Bournemouth sold out on 62
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

bishbosh2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:40 pm Bournemouth sold out on 62
Surprised it went down to 62
But delighted and surprised I managed to get my tickets
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

With all due respect to the ticket office, how can it take those in charge over a week and still not manage to have negotiated and published details for a game that’s less than two weeks away now?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

Cottee wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:38 am With all due respect to the ticket office, how can it take those in charge over a week and still not manage to have negotiated and published details for a game that’s less than two weeks away now?
The hope is that the delay is caused by them trying to blag a few more tickets.
It's the hope that kills.
Maybe they also think that the longer they leave it the less demand there will be. Hence less disappointed fans on 60+ points.
Apart from that I have no idea.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Cottee wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:38 am With all due respect to the ticket office, how can it take those in charge over a week and still not manage to have negotiated and published details for a game that’s less than two weeks away now?
Hang on......

Would you rather they said

"it's 1,000 tickets, that's it"

or

"After detailed discussions with Gent we have managed to secure 1,500 tickets, a significant uplift on the allocation they have given to any other visiting club" in a few days time?

At the moment, I'm an ASTH, on maximum points, and I'm sweating on a ticket - i'm nervous, but I'd rather give the TO the time to get the maximum possible so as many WHU supporters can attend as possible.

Not everything is in the control of our TO, they will have to talk to Gent, Gent will probably have to talk to the Belgian police etc

It takes time.

A legitimate complaint would be about this entire competition, it's timetable, especially in a season where FIFA shoe horned in a WC, robbing European leagues of a month out of their season.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

My theory is we’ve asked for more, Gent have saved us an extra block but are waiting to see how many they sell to their home fans before giving the green light to us.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

TommyHammer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:08 pm Just FYI as well, they've blocked access from the UK to specifically access the tickets for our game on their website, obviously to reduce loads of us getting in the home end.
Yet there’ll be hundreds of Gent fans in the home sections at the LS like every other ECL home game I’ve been to this season, as our club wilfully sell to away fans.
Last edited by steps on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

My Dad just changed his VPN and grabbed a ticket in their end in the middle of the stand.

It can be done…
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

hammers92 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:42 pm My Dad just changed his VPN and grabbed a ticket in their end in the middle of the stand.

It can be done…
Doesnt your dad need a membership to buy a ticket as well?
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by danm79 »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:52 am
At the moment, I'm an ASTH, on maximum points, and I'm sweating on a ticket - i'm nervous, but I'd rather give the TO the time to get the maximum possible so as many WHU supporters can attend as possible.
Have I missed something, I am a ASTH one off maximum and expecting a ticket no issue and was expecting this to go down to 64ish points.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

mushy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:19 pm Doesnt your dad need a membership to buy a ticket as well?
He’s in Belgium for the week to see some family so he bought a ticket to the home game on the weekend before our fixture which qualifies you as a member, ( I think).

It’s a bit of a pricier option but it’s one way at least.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

What is the maximum now? Think they sold us a City ticket and it’s about 70.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by danm79 »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:35 pm What is the maximum now? Think they sold us a City ticket and it’s about 70.

Yes its 70 after Bournemouth
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

hammers92 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:00 pm He’s in Belgium for the week to see some family so he bought a ticket to the home game on the weekend before our fixture which qualifies you as a member, ( I think).

It’s a bit of a pricier option but it’s one way at least.
Steady on. At Anderlecht and Lyon they cancelled tickets paid for with British cards.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

roblo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:03 pm Steady on. At Anderlecht and Lyon they cancelled tickets paid for with British cards.
Gent have also got form for this:

https://www.brusselstimes.com/292968/sw ... t-kaa-gent
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

danm79 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:59 pm Have I missed something, I am a ASTH one off maximum and expecting a ticket no issue and was expecting this to go down to 64ish points.
The age old problem -bondholders and their entitlements.

1000 tickets

Less 809 bondholders

= 191 tickets.

Even if none are siphoned off for corporates, we have 630 odd ASTH, so a 1 in 3 chance.

Assuming of course that all the bondholders are still alive and apply for a ticket.

Any allocation below 1500 means ASTH are sweating.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

the pink palermo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:15 am The age old problem -bondholders and their entitlements.

1000 tickets

Less 809 bondholders

= 191 tickets.

Even if none are siphoned off for corporates, we have 630 odd ASTH, so a 1 in 3 chance.

Assuming of course that all the bondholders are still alive and apply for a ticket.

Any allocation below 1500 means ASTH are sweating.
Ark at that, you know as well as i do, that the 809 Bondholders are not all going to take allocation - AST will be grand, IMO i am more annoyed by the new ASTH that are on less points than people like myself and get priority, think cup/European games when not part of the 'package' should be done on the points.

Will find out this week on these