Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

TeddyThePug
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Over Land and Sea

Post by TeddyThePug »

CapBuckyOHare wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:45 pm After the ballot ends, how quick do you find out if you are successful?
I enter the ballot every time I see a 'sold out to XXX' post in this thread and so far never heard anything. Just unlucky I guess.
My question would be how do we know when the ballot has ended and been drawn, just to get a vague idea when the money may be taken.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

Has anyone had a ballot notification yet for spuds away?
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

Chavs wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:05 pm Flying now :coolas:
I looked at that too but it was expensive!

Good on you, enjoy. :smiler:
Kialos
Has liked: 1544 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Will priority points at the beginning of next season just be those picked up this season, or will last season still count as well?
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Rocket wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:49 am Will priority points at the beginning of next season just be those picked up this season, or will last season still count as well?
We all start with just this seasons
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

That's me ****ed, then... I have 33 points but only 9 from this season. Oh well, away days were fun while they lasted.

When did the club change from the previous two seasons to the previous one? What was the reasoning behind that?
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Rocket wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:45 am That's me ****ed, then... I have 33 points but only 9 from this season. Oh well, away days were fun while they lasted.

When did the club change from the previous two seasons to the previous one? What was the reasoning behind that?
It was always a rolling 2 season total, but when Covid messed a season up, they let it run for the approx 2.5 seasons, so points became artificially high for awhile.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Do people think that points being reset at the end of each season is likely to make it harder or easier to get away tickets in the future? On the one hand they've been selling very high this season but that must partly be down to last season being so good (more desire to see us away in the league and additional points accumulated as a result of the Europa run) and more of a desire to go away after Covid; on the other it is surely likely to lead to more people buying away tickets and selling them on purely to protect their points.

Sorry if this has been brought up before in this thread.
EastHam56
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by EastHam56 »

Spurs ticket just arrived , ticket office surpassing themselves :smiler:
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

EastHam56 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:21 am Spurs ticket just arrived , ticket office surpassing themselves :smiler:
Same here.
Phil S
Has liked: 460 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Rocket wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 am Do people think that points being reset at the end of each season is likely to make it harder or easier to get away tickets in the future?
Very much depends how many points you will be left with..

For me if I go to every available away (or home if applies) and collect all points, I will be better off
I'm 5 points from Maximum as I missed 3 away last season and 2 this. So when it resets at the end of the season I'll only be 2 from maximum.

You will be a lot worse off because points earned last season is much greater than this. I'd recommend you try to attend as many aways from now until the end of the season to give you more chance of aways next.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

EastHam56 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:21 am Spurs ticket just arrived , ticket office surpassing themselves :smiler:
Mine too! Over three weeks before a match is welcomingly early.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Phil S wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:04 am Very much depends how many points you will be left with..

For me if I go to every available away (or home if applies) and collect all points, I will be better off
I'm 5 points from Maximum as I missed 3 away last season and 2 this. So when it resets at the end of the season I'll only be 2 from maximum.

You will be a lot worse off because points earned last season is much greater than this. I'd recommend you try to attend as many aways from now until the end of the season to give you more chance of aways next.
Looking at the games that are left between now and the end of the season, I worry that ship might have already sailed! I can see Palace and Fulham going to similar points as Spurs and Brighton did, Bournemouth and Brentford always require a lot of points, Man City is likely to go lower, Leicester may or may not given that it's the last game of the season.

I guess it's my own fault as I would have made the threshold for most/all of the games earlier this season but a combination of disorganisation and personal life distractions got in the way. It wasn't until I missed out on a Spurs ticket that I realised my points were 'in trouble,' so to speak. Having been a regular at away games for over ten years I do feel a bit hard done by, though.
Superhags2012
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Superhags2012 »

screech wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:57 am Has anyone had a ballot notification yet for spuds away?
One of my mates messaged me about 11 this morning that he'd won the ballot.
Huggie
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Huggie »

Thinking where's mine, then remembered I booked in 116. Loving the e-tickets.
Watford 'Ammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Watford 'Ammer »

Hi Rocket,

There are two contributing factors here, neither of which are likely to disappear anytime soon.

1. Home games are a dire experience.

2. Away tickets are £30.

Point 1 means people are desperate to do away games and point two makes that affordable for a lot of those people.

With those two factors having pushed demand sky high, people also know that they are safe to buy away tickets even if there is a chance they might not go - as someone will always take them off their hands. Although I don’t think this is widespread.

All that means it is tough to achieve and maintain priority. But the door to the shop is slightly ajar - not closed.

I believe it takes three seasons to get to a point where you can go to most if not all aways.

A friend of mine bought a season ticket - so started on 0 - at the start of last season. Bought every home cup / away going, entered every ballot and is now on 31 points.

I’d imagine by the end of the 2023-24 season they will be getting a ticket for almost every away.

Log in as soon as your window opens, enter every ballot if you miss out, join the home cup scheme and you will find yourself back up around the top within 3 years.

It is quite a commitment.

But it’s worth it to give you something besides the awful experience of a home game to look forward to.
E14hammer

Post by E14hammer »

As anyone had there digital Tottenham match tickets as yet please?
E14hammer

Post by E14hammer »

Is that a no then? Re digital Match tickets......
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

E14hammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:05 pm Is that a no then? Re digital Match tickets......
No, not yet.

Anybody have any idea (or a wild guess) on whether it’ll be like the early days of digital tickets at West Ham (i.e., email to print / show bar code) or sent to my phones wallet?