Away Tickets Thread - Leverkusen S/O 51+ Pts

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Over Land and Sea

Post by @dave_boy »

Kialos wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:40 pm I'm another who had already filled in the travel form and got the email reminding me to send it in. Good to see our personal data is being handled fully in compliance with GDPR.....
I’ve filled out a second form too.

Moreover in terms of GDPR compliance, a copy of my passport was photographed by a young fella with an iPhone when I collected my Anderlecht ticket. Information security doesn’t appear to be high on the agenda.
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

Why would you allow them to do that?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

@dave_boy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:27 am a copy of my passport was photographed by a young fella with an iPhone when I collected my Anderlecht ticket. Information security doesn’t appear to be high on the agenda.
Cottee wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:36 am Why would you allow them to do that?
Because he had the ticket and I wanted it.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Albie Beck wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:46 am Because he had the ticket and I wanted it.
Must admit after I collected the Anderlecht tickets and walked away I wondered why I allowed them to photograph my passport.
Not sure they're allowed to do that.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Same with me Phil, but there wasn't any option really. He clearly had his instructions and to get someone more senior over from the main TO only to be told the same crap would have been a waste of time.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

There's also been a little change in the procedure - for Frankfurt, I think, we were advised when collecting the ticket to take a picture ourselves of the ticket and our passport photo page together - "in case of loss or theft".

Now they are taking the pictures. For "security"...?
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

was advised to do that in Lyon too
@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by @dave_boy »

Cottee wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:36 am Why would you allow them to do that?
Because I’d queued up for 40mins already & was instructed by TO staff to do so.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

This ticket collection process for European away games is ridiculous and seems to be getting more hoops added to it each game.

Seeing as we now know, after previous comments, that it isn’t a UEFA requirement it would be nice of the club to comment on why it is so difficult and why so many GDPR seem to be ignored.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by danm79 »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:49 pm This ticket collection process for European away games is ridiculous and seems to be getting more hoops added to it each game.

Seeing as we now know, after previous comments, that it isn’t a UEFA requirement it would be nice of the club to comment on why it is so difficult and why so many GDPR seem to be ignored.
It is a UEFA recommendation, the wording is something like 'it is strongly recommended blah blah' it also goes on to also talk about actions later in the document if UEFA recommended procedures aren't followed. I will find it and post the link later.

I am not sure GDPR is being ignored hence why they have asked for all personal info to be removed on the ID print out but the taking a photo thing however could be (or even is a breach) of GDPR, I have to say this didn't happen when I collected my tickets so seems another hit or miss policy.

My guess is they are collecting the ID print out to use to mark off who actually collected their tickets to speed things up, it was quite a process of marking of etc at the to Danish games and with 3 times the fans would means a lot of queues. Time slots do seem strange but could be to do with the collection location having limited capacity or local police or possibly with a lot turning up on the Thursday and not spread over 2 days they might be trying to actually be organised (although doubtful).
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

danm79 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:44 pm It is a UEFA recommendation, the wording is something like 'it is strongly recommended blah blah' it also goes on to also talk about actions later in the document if UEFA recommended procedures aren't followed. I will find it and post the link later.
If that is true then why, as stated during the discussion on the Anderlecht fiasco, is it only us, Chelsea and Leicester who distribute tickets in this way?
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 406 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Having received the email about printing off the (not yet issued ) voucher and printing off the passport page I called the TO this morning as I am flying on Tuesday and use a public library or a mate for printing.
When told the vouchers would be 'sent out tomorrow or Monday' I expressed concern as I fly on Tuesday so they spoke to their supervisor who passed on the 'good' news that vouchers would be mailed on Monday or Tuesday .I repeated my point about flying on Tuesday, and that there would surely be others doing so, and asked why the club was doing things so last minute compared to the Lyon and Seville games I went to.The answer was that doing it earlier would be a problem if the Romanian authorities changed arrangements .The latter were also held responsible for the ticket window collection times which I queried saying it meant I couldn't book city or museum tours etc until I knew my timing.Hey ho ...
Tophammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Tophammer »

No digs intended.

But really isnt the end of the world all of this print off your passport rather than take a physical copy or driving license. Theft is a common crime in Bucharest so maybe they're doing us a favour by not having to bring an actual copy (doubtful I know :arry: )

I wouldn't be worried by the time slots either if you turn up at a time that suits you, they will not turn you away. They will most likely give people a slot on the wednesday that have said they are arriving on the wednesday on the travel form....
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Tophammer wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:28 pm But really isnt the end of the world all of this print off your passport rather than take a physical copy or driving license. Theft is a common crime in Bucharest so maybe they're doing us a favour by not having to bring an actual copy (doubtful I know :arry: )
It's not the end of the world, just a ball ache if you don't have easy access to scanners and printers and/or will be out of the country earlier than Monday or Tuesday.
Tophammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Tophammer »

Arch Dandy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:38 pm It's not the end of the world, just a ball ache if you don't have easy access to scanners and printers and/or will be out of the country earlier than Monday or Tuesday.
Show your voucher on your phone you wont have any issues getting it. I'll be doing this too and have done for each game so far.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by danm79 »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:26 pm If that is true then why, as stated during the discussion on the Anderlecht fiasco, is it only us, Chelsea and Leicester who distribute tickets in this way?
Liverpool and Arsenal both state on their ticketing details for Ajax and PSV tickets collections so it’s more than just 3 clubs
backhouse21
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by backhouse21 »

Anyone got their voucher emailed to them yet?
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Just got email re vouchers on Monday & our collection time is 1230/1530
3times
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by 3times »

Our collection time is 09.30-12.30 on Thursday.
Mate on flight with us is 17.30-20.30 Wednesday.

We fly out Wednesday morning so collection times nothing to do with that.
eastendjoker
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by eastendjoker »

Mine is fine i arrive on wed evening and been asked to pick up on thursday 12.30/3.30 needless to say i know of at least 2 people who will be arriving on the thursday and have been asked to pick up on the wednesday ! proving the fact that they don't take a blind bit of notice of the travel form .