Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

droshky
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Over Land and Sea

Post by droshky »

And the result comes when? I’ve won and lost a few but not for a while, forget the timings.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Interesting with the percentages included.
All pretty much as expected in relation to likely demand - except Villa which is an anomaly.
Impressive that Leeds, midweek & on TV still went to 22 points. How many (like me) bought before the train strike was announced I wonder?
Wolves, Saturday 3pm, not on TV, I reckon will go to about 27 points.
brownout

Post by brownout »

I know we probably shouldn't be thinking about it yet but I wonder how many points would be needed for the Europa Conference final if we get there.

I believe that the allocation is 4500.
Say 4000 after the club have taken some (more than usual) for corporates etc.
We haven't had an allocation of more than 3250 to compare so first look at 3000 tickets.
If demand is a bit more than the highest away league game that would be say 60% of maximum available points.
Currently that's 35 points.
Southampton allocation was 3250 and that sold out at about 4% higher than might have been expected for 3000.
Assuming linear relationship that would be 16% for the extra 1000 tickets to take it to 4000 allocation.
So that's 44% which would currently be 25.5 points.
If there's no ballot (which hopefully there wouldn't be) this would add another 400 tickets so down to about 38%, currently 22 points.

Of course this uses a lot of assumptions and estimates but I thought it would be interesting to try to get some idea of the points that might be needed.

With regard away season ticket holders, if they don't get priority virtually all are likely to purchase with maximum points, so I don't think that has any effect over their tickets being automatically allocated and reducing the allocation for others.
E15Iron
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by E15Iron »

brownout wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:20 pm I know we probably shouldn't be thinking about it yet but I wonder how many points would be needed for the Europa Conference final if we get there.

I believe that the allocation is 4500.
Say 4000 after the club have taken some (more than usual) for corporates etc.
We haven't had an allocation of more than 3250 to compare so first look at 3000 tickets.
If demand is a bit more than the highest away league game that would be say 60% of maximum available points.
Currently that's 35 points.
Southampton allocation was 3250 and that sold out at about 4% higher than might have been expected for 3000.
Assuming linear relationship that would be 16% for the extra 1000 tickets to take it to 4000 allocation.
So that's 44% which would currently be 25.5 points.
If there's no ballot (which hopefully there wouldn't be) this would add another 400 tickets so down to about 38%, currently 22 points.

Of course this uses a lot of assumptions and estimates but I thought it would be interesting to try to get some idea of the points that might be needed.

With regard away season ticket holders, if they don't get priority virtually all are likely to purchase with maximum points, so I don't think that has any effect over their tickets being automatically allocated and reducing the allocation for others.
Depends on how many tickets ST holders are allowed to purchase each.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

brownout wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:18 pm Interesting with the percentages included.
All pretty much as expected in relation to likely demand - except Villa which is an anomaly.
Impressive that Leeds, midweek & on TV still went to 22 points. How many (like me) bought before the train strike was announced I wonder?
Wolves, Saturday 3pm, not on TV, I reckon will go to about 27 points.
Wolves will be in the 30s I reckon, plenty up for that one with it being one of very few Saturday 3pm games. Arsenal going to 28 points was a surprise to me.
brownout

Post by brownout »

Early estimate for Brentford if we get the 2500 that we're entitled to.
35 points if no ballot.
38 points if there is a ballot.
I'm quite interested in this as I have 38 points. Like quite a few, generally my points are enough for any 3000 allocation but not for 2000.
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

Wolves sold out at 25. Surprised me as I thought it would have been around the 30 mark.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

The ticketing site is ****. Every time I go to enter a ballot I get asked to link my client reference number.

Every.single.time.
brownout

Post by brownout »

Cottee wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:28 am Wolves sold out at 25. Surprised me as I thought it would have been around the 30 mark.
43% of available.
That's in line with the other away games out of London - other than Forest which was understandably high demand and Villa which was shall we say 'suspicious'.
Confirms demand slightly reduced for Leeds as midweek and trains on strike.
Igor_E7
Has liked: 1582 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:35 am The ticketing site is ****. Every time I go to enter a ballot I get asked to link my client reference number.

Every.single.time.
I also do not understand why the club treats us like **** according to the ballot process; does it take a lot of effort to inform us after ballots whether we won it or not? If they can send me lot of spam about Christmas jumpers why they can not send me an email titled "Sorry, you are unlucky this time"? Even if I win it they do not inform me about it. This is not how decent football clubs treat their fanbase.
E15Iron
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by E15Iron »

Igor_E7 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:21 am I also do not understand why the club treats us like **** according to the ballot process; does it take a lot of effort to inform us after ballots whether we won it or not? If they can send me lot of spam about Christmas jumpers why they can not send me an email titled "Sorry, you are unlucky this time"? Even if I win it they do not inform me about it. This is not how decent football clubs treat their fanbase.
Some more information on the ballot would be nice, how many entered etc.
farmerham
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by farmerham »

mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

Looks a bit of a swine to get to.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

mushy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:22 pm Looks a bit of a swine to get to.
Yep, just looked at this, if Sports Options or similar do a charter and coach package on the day it’s OK, otherwise transferring from Venice or Trieste, multiple airlines etc make it all a bit tight.
Mod Life Crisis
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by Mod Life Crisis »

Flight out Friday evening from Stansted to Trieste for less than £50 and return same route next day at 21.30 for less than £15. (These prices are as at 5pm today). Trieste to Udine by train is just over an hour and costs less than a tenner each way.

Looks like one of the more straightforward trips. Very unhappy not to be going due to pre-arranged commitments. Hope everyone who goes has a great time (he says through gritted teeth).
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

Anyone seen sight of an Arsenal ticket yet? Or am I expecting too much by thinking they’d be getting tickets out earlier due to all the strikes this month? This applies to both home and away side, you’d hope Arsenal and indeed Leeds would have provided the tickets some time ago…
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Nothing received here yet, another last couple of days before the games panic beckons 🤬🤬
billywhitehorse
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by billywhitehorse »

In Udine right now. Bad timing, a week too early. Can confirm train tickets very cheap. Venice to Gorizia which goes through Treviso and Udine only 15 euros for a two hour plus journey.

Can see snow on the mountain tops already so bring a hat!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

If it wasn't for the fact that the club can't be trusted to change ticketing arrangements for their own gain rather than fairness, I'd suggest that for the Brentford games it might be a good idea that people could only go to one or the other.