West Ham Utd 4-1 Leicester City (23/08/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd V Leicester City: match thread

Post by fjthegrey »

Puff Daddy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:47 pmLuton
I've just checked out our record vs Luton. It's not good at all.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2657 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

brothernero wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:56 pm Used to be Chelsea before they become mega rich.

Few others. Barnsley, Coventry, Cardiff, Orient, Fulham, Southampton, Watford.
Indeed, we had a very long spell when we could do no wrong against Watford.
waynepin
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by waynepin »

before the game Moyes was interviewed and was asked about the fact we did the double over them last season, his reply was Newcastle did the double over us last season but we managed to beat them last week, you can see where our new mentality comes from, straight back down to earth . this could be a really special season if we get the players in Moyes wants.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Has probably been mentioned but last night shows that an atmosphere can be generated at the bowl, it’s harder for sure but we also have a lot more voices to compensate for the gaps between the stands (very hard to have a stadium wide song going because we’re all so spread apart, so it’s more like individual stands).

The atmosphere was rocking last night and I hadn’t heard anything like that in a long time. We frequently moan about the atmosphere, but we the fans are the main component of creating one and last night we definitely did. Long may it continue!
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

BigFatSam wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:59 pm Has probably been mentioned but last night shows that an atmosphere can be generated at the bowl, it’s harder for sure but we also have a lot more voices to compensate for the gaps between the stands (very hard to have a stadium wide song going because we’re all so spread apart, so it’s more like individual stands).

The atmosphere was rocking last night and I hadn’t heard anything like that in a long time. We frequently moan about the atmosphere, but we the fans are the main component of creating one and last night we definitely did. Long may it continue!
Yeah I agree, probably the best atmosphere at the bowl so far. At one point it seemed as though the whole ground was singing 'Antonioooo'.
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:34 pm Decent OV this time from these lot, I think the chap who posted that the new ref rules will help us is spot on, we really are a physical side and we will benefit I feel.
I felt a little embarrassed reading the OV this time. Were they really talking about my little West Ham? Shucks. ☺
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2053 likes

Post by Shabu »

We've only finished above Leicester once in the last six seasons. Funnily enough that was the year after they won the league.

Will be nice to change that this year.
WCpete
Has liked: 1490 likes
Total likes: 3188 likes

Post by WCpete »

Another fun stat. I don't recall being another side’s bogey team.

Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

Why was Schmeichel getting put through the ringer so much on Monday night, he was glowing like a brothels light bulb.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1598 likes
Total likes: 1653 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Not sure if true but I just read that on Monday, Michail Antonio and Saïd Benrahma became the first players in Premier League history to both score and assist a goal in both of their side's first two games of a campaign.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1507 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I've not looked into this, but I fell like Big Sam always enjoyed playing Swansea.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Finally some extended highlights get posted

The crowd was fantastic. Wasn't that both Coufal & Benrahma's first time in front of a full West Ham crowd?

WCpete

Post by WCpete »

It's weird that none of the highlights I've seen of the match includes Bowens early mazy run and shot. If he had placed that properly it would have been the goal of the day.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:05 am It's weird that none of the highlights I've seen of the match includes Bowens early mazy run and shot. If he had placed that properly it would have been the goal of the day.
He did that again? He did one against Newcastle, didn't know he had another similar v Leicester
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Shabu wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:22 am He did that again? He did one against Newcastle, didn't know he had another similar v Leicester
Am I mixing the games up already? I'm not lying, my memory has got very bad recently. It's making me uneasy.